[REMOVE ADS]

Record Collection of the late Ron Murphy of Detroit

I was reading a 10 year old posting on the forum where it was stated that the late Ron Murphy had accumulated a total of 50,000 records in his legendary collection. As most forum members know, he died not too long ago.

Does anyone have any idea what disposition was made of his great collection? I know he had a massive amount of Golden World, Ric Tic, Wingate, and all other labels associated with Eddie Wingate.

Thank you.

Maybe Marv 2 can answer this question.

Wow record heaven,there was a guy somewhere i think who had twenty five thousand lp's in his personal collection i believe.

Quote Originally Posted by woodward View Post
    I was reading a 10 year old posting on the forum where it was stated that the late Ron Murphy had accumulated a total of 50,000 records in his legendary collection. As most forum members know, he died not too long ago.

Does anyone have any idea what disposition was made of his great collection? I know he had a massive amount of Golden World, Ric Tic, Wingate, and all other labels associated with Eddie Wingate.

Thank you.

Maybe Marv 2 can answer this question.
    Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 333
Size:  21.1 KB
    I wonder if his daughter got the collection? She may not want to sell it off [[at least not all of it). Yes, Ron had a large stock of all the Wingate labels. But, he sold most of that off during the 1970s. He probably just kept one of each issue in his personal collection. Or may have even sold off the more valuable rare ones of those when he sold off his Motown collection. He later got back some of those he sold off, but not completely.
    Last edited by robb_k; 11-02-2016 at 06:46 PM.

Maybe someone else will remember the story about the record collector in Michigan I believe as well who was murdered for his collection by a wife and her lover. I think it was about 10 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    Maybe someone else will remember the story about the record collector in Michigan I believe as well who was murdered for his collection by a wife and her lover. I think it was about 10 years ago.
    Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  21.1 KB
    A collector acquaintance of mine had a falling out and estrangement from his wife. She trashed his record collection while he was away, before he could remove it from their house, just for spite. Another collector I know lost his collection, when his wife dumped his records at a recycling centre while he was away. That was clearly for spite as well, as she knew they were worth decent money, but had no connections to sell them, and wanted to get back at him.

This shows me that a certain type of collector, who loves his records too much, may not be a good candidate for marriage.

Quote Originally Posted by robb_k View Post
    A collector acquaintance of mine had a falling out and estrangement from his wife. She trashed his record collection while he was away, before he could remove it from their house, just for spite. Another collector I know lost his collection, when his wife dumped his records at a recycling centre while he was away. That was clearly for spite as well, as she knew they were worth decent money, but had no connections to sell them, and wanted to get back at him.

This shows me that a certain type of collector, who loves his records too much, may not be a good candidate for marriage.
    Hehe, very perceptive, Robb, LOL