[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Where Are You Presently?

I realize this is asked periodically, however, I am still interested in knowing where the members' present locations are. For example, are any of you living in [[or are from) my home state of NC?

I have lived in Atlanta for almost 20 years. If there are others in the area, I'd like to hear from you from time to time. jobucats@aol.com

Also, I see that some have stated that they have put other members on 'ignore.' Is this an actual option one can click on this forum, or by putting someone on 'ignore,' you just don't read his/her posts?

I am from the UK and have never been to America, so yea... Hehe!

I believe that there is an actual option to put someone on ignore. If you click on a username, click 'view profile' and then click 'add to ignore list' you set them to be ignored! I think you can only do this from the desktop view of the forum. I don't use it myself and I'm not sure how it works exactly, but the option is there!

Thank you so much, TomatoTom123. Your instructions were perfect.

I've never been to the UK either. LOL

I have been living in Jackson, Tennessee [[USA) since July, 1997. Originally from New Jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by jobucats View Post
    Thank you so much, TomatoTom123. Your instructions were perfect.

I've never been to the UK either. LOL
    No problem, jobucats! Who are you planning on ignoring...? Actually, Don't answer that!! Hehe, LOL!!

I'm a New Yorker by way of Savannah, GA.

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 589
Size:  21.1 KB
    Right now, I'm in The Netherlands. I'll leave in a few weeks to go to Los Angeles. In mid December, I'll go to Winnipeg. In late March, I'll return to The Netherlands. In early June I'll go to Denmark, and early July to Germany, and early September back to The Netherlands. Currently, I spend no more than 4 months in any one place.

I'm in London, England. Born and bred in the great City of Leicester

Robb, after reading your post, I need to sit down and rest.

I realize this is asked periodically, however, I am still interested in knowing where the members' present locations are. For example, are any of you living in [[or are from) my home state of NC?

I have lived in Atlanta for almost 20 years. If there are others in the area, I'd like to hear from you from time to time. jobucats@aol.com

Also, I see that some have stated that they have put other members on 'ignore.' Is this an actual option one can click on this forum, or by putting someone on 'ignore,' you just don't read his/her posts?
    So, what is the real purpose of this thread? Is it to find out where members live, or how to put people on ignore?

I'm in Arizona, and I do have some people on ignore, but I can still read their post anyway if I want.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    So, what is the real purpose of this thread? Is it to find out where members live, or how to put people on ignore?

I'm in Arizona, and I do have some people on ignore, but I can still read their post anyway if I want.
    Hehe, yea
    How does the 'ignore' thing work then? If you have them on ignore but can still read their posts...?

I have returned to my hometown area, Carlinville, Illinois - a lovely, southern part of the state. As a kid, I couldn't wait to move to a big city and lived in Chicago, NY, Atlanta, LA and Albuquerque, but have decided I've had enough hustle and bustle and love it here. KATZ - The Sound Of Soul in St. Louis was manna to this boy by providing exposure to even the lesser known Motown acts.

If someone you don't have on ignore replies with a quote from someone you do have on ignore, you will be able to read that quote.

I'm from London as my posts on Brexit have made clear.

Quote Originally Posted by 144man View Post
    If someone you don't have on ignore replies with a quote from someone you do have on ignore, you will be able to read that quote.

Oh, right, thank you 144man
    I am from London too

Born and raised in Philly. Had enough of the blizzards during the winter and moved to Austin TX. I've had a love hate relationship with Philly ever since.

You can't view the post if you are on a mobile device [[at least not mine). It's kind of a benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    Hehe, yea
    How does the 'ignore' thing work then? If you have them on ignore but can still read their posts...?
    Then, why didn't you just make the thread about the ignore feature? No use trying to disguise something that you know Ralph and everyone else is going to see anyway.

It would be nice if Lowell would upgrade the forum and include a feature that shows where members are from. That would lessen some of the confusion here.

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    Oh, right, thank you 144man
    I am from London too
    Some forums have the ability to totally wipe out all evidence of an ignored member. The old Sound Forge forum used to have that, and it was great. You didn't see anything from an ignored person. No hint of their existence whatsoever. No quotes, no informing that they ever posted. They don't even show up on the member's list. Sadly, no one uses that software anymore.

On the Sound Forge forum [[that no longer exists, BTW), there was a troll named "asswhole" who was nasty to everyone, and took it to the extreme. There was no moderation, so that ignore feature helped. I'm sure the guy was still there last because other members referenced him, but I wouldn't know it from him being ignored.

Then, why didn't you just make the thread about the ignore feature? No use trying to disguise something that you know Ralph and everyone else is going to see anyway.
    This isn't TomTom's thread. He's replying to jobucats.

This isn't TomTom's thread. He's replying to jobucats.
    My bad. The way these threads go gets a bit confusing.

Woah, I got real confused there - is this my thread?? LOL!!
    Hehehehe!!
    I also like being called TomTom, Lol

Quote Originally Posted by floyjoy678 View Post
    Born and raised in Philly. Had enough of the blizzards during the winter and moved to Austin TX. I've had a love hate relationship with Philly ever since.
    Greetings from a boy raised in Camden, NJ.

I still live in Stockholm, Sweden. I look into this site almost every day but was more active about ten years ago when, I think, things were more interesting. I was more interested in discussing Golden World, Revolit and Miracle or other rare Detroit labels. Or studios and producers around detroit instead of talking about when Diana Ross visited Hamburg or similar themes...

SupremeBoy Guest
    Manhattan : New York, New York

Quote Originally Posted by lg_nilsson View Post
    I still live in Stockholm, Sweden. I look into this site almost every day but was more active about ten years ago when, I think, things were more interesting. I was more interested in discussing Golden World, Revolit and Miracle or other rare Detroit labels. Or studios and producers around detroit instead of talking about when Diana Ross visited Hamburg or similar themes...
    I reallly wish you were more active currently. Your web site in my opinion is really a great source of valuable information. Between your web site and www.dftmc.info I would be lost. I wish more attention would be given to Golden World - Ric Tic - Wingate - etc. I would really appreciate and enjoy seeing an article or story on how you accumulated all your valuable Motown items. I envy you very much.

I am originally from the greater Harrisburg, PA area but now residing in Rehoboth Beach, DE.

Panorama City, California.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Panorama City, California.
    Betty Kelley lives in Panorama City....if you see Betty, give her a big HI!

Belmont Shore [[a neighborhood of Long Beach), CA

Cool thread guys..............

Quote Originally Posted by lakeside View Post
    Betty Kelley lives in Panorama City....if you see Betty, give her a big HI!
    I know she lives there but ive never seen her. I shop at the Food4Less on Tobias Avenue so i will keep looking for Miss Kelley.

San Diego, California. Born and raised.

Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    Cool thread guys..............
    Hehe, yes
    That other one went downhill quickly didn't it? I'm not even sure how it got that bad! Good decision to close it, Ralph

Hey @jobucats, I'm a fellow North Carolinian. Central NC native since birth!

Quote Originally Posted by robb_k View Post
Views: 589
    Right now, I'm in The Netherlands. I'll leave in a few weeks to go to Los Angeles. In mid December, I'll go to Winnipeg. In late March, I'll return to The Netherlands. In early June I'll go to Denmark, and early July to Germany, and early September back to The Netherlands. Currently, I spend no more than 4 months in any one place.
    Dude, do you fly on a private plane or something? WOW lmao

Ann Arbor, Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Hehe, LOL, good question!

Todmorden, on the Lancashire-Yorkshire border in the North of the UK.

soulster, I seriously apologize for putting 2 queries in my thread. I am always very hesitant to post on here due to the backlash one gets if one doesn't word things exactly correctly. My posts are never meant to be vicious, and I guess I was trying to get my two questions into thread. Please forgive me.

Hey @jobucats, I'm a fellow North Carolinian. Central NC native since birth!
    Hey, midnightman, I grew up a little east of Raleigh [[between Raleigh and Rocky Mount) and moved to Atlanta about 20 years ago. Will be driving back to NC tomorrow [[Saturday) for my high school reunion.

^ Cool!

Born in Brooklyn. Years in NJ/Philly area and briefly Detroit when a little dude. Now Ct not far friom NYC . My brother has summer place in Rehoboth. Nice town!

I was born and raised down in Alabama, on a farm way back in the woods, I was so ragged folks called me Mystery Singer - actually that's a lie. Good old UK is where I am.

soulster, I seriously apologize for putting 2 queries in my thread. I am always very hesitant to post on here due to the backlash one gets if one doesn't word things exactly correctly. My posts are never meant to be vicious, and I guess I was trying to get my two questions into thread. Please forgive me.
    Oh, it's OK. On another forum I frequent, some posters will start a thread on one topic, then go down two or three posts and present the real reason they started it.

Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post
    I was born and raised down in Alabama, on a farm way back in the woods, I was so ragged folks called me Mystery Singer - actually that's a lie.
    Patches! I knew it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lg_nilsson View Post
Views: 445
    I agree 100%, Lars. There are almost no threads of which I am interested these days. That's why I don't need to use the ignore feature. I ignore most threads anyway. Almost all the threads in which I participate, have no trolling.

Views: 606
    No! I'm not even remotely wealthy. I am careful with my money. I only fly across The Atlantic and back one time each, every year, and while in Europe, I travel mostly on coach buses and trains, which I book and pay for months ahead on super discount fares. For example, I buy bus tickets from Kopenhagen to Munich during € 9.00 sales, so it costs me only € 18.00 to go that long way. And Munich to Amsterdam costs only € 27.00. I sit and draw my stories on those trips [[same as if I were at home).

On my transatlantic airplane trips, I book them 9 months ahead AND book them with inconvenient logistics [[such as 3 stops using 3 different airlines), to keep the cost down as much as possible. So, I might fly from Schiphol to London Heathrow to Keflavik, Iceland, to Toronto and then to Los Angeles or Winnipeg. I usually have more than 24 hours [[sometimes as much as 40) extended trip time, with much time sitting in airports, but use that time to do my work. I'm always so excited to see my friends and family on the other end, that I stay awake, talking to them until THEIR late night time, and, thus, adjust to their time, immediately, with NO jet lag [[even at my old age).

So, my transatlantic cost is generally no more than € 800-900, round trip, and that's without risking my life by traveling on Aeroflot or Turkish Airlines, and not using Norwegian Air Shuttle, which has a lot of flights cancelled or very late arrivals. I fly mostly on reliable, quality airlines, such as Air Canada, New Zealandair, Air Iceland, SAS, British Airways, Swissair, and the like. I used to take only budget airlines, like Martinair Holland and City Bird Airlines, but they don't exist anymore, or no longer service my destinations.

Within North America I DO take a plane, but find the cheapest discount rate, and use 2 different airlines with at least one extra stop. So, flights for me there are often only a little over $100.00 US or $130.00 Canadian, and I only need one of those each year.

So, you see, I ain't no friggin' billionaire! I'm just a 70+ year old workin' stiff, like y'all. But, as I'm a free-lance artist, who can send my work to my editors in digital files attached to E-mails, I can work anywhere in The World, and talk to my editors on camera using Skype. So, I can work for months with work partners in various countries, and visit my siblings in their different countries for a few months each, every year, and still be able to work and earn a living.

The technological age provides a lot of freedom, eh?
    Last edited by robb_k; 10-15-2016 at 04:57 AM.

Wow that's amazing. Good for you! Can you be my travel planner?

Luke: Check for a private message I just sent to you. Thanks.