[REMOVE ADS]

The great Soulful Detroit calling all lurkers thread

Maybe it is a little known fact that lurkers far outnumber actual members of Soulful Detroit. I think it was last year around November that lurkers numbered something like 35,000 people. This far outnumbers the roughly 3000 registered members. Please join us and be welcomed here.

I'm telling you Ralph, there are a LOT of people that use this site for information for all sorts of things. Even the media.

I have a good hunch that the political discussion around here is causing all this lurking.

"Lurkers", LOL
    I remember the days of being a lurker. Well, kinda - I would only visit when I was looking up something obscure about Motown. So I guess I was a part-time lurker.

Lurker no more. I have been lurking for about a year and a half.
    Great site. Wonderful moderator. Rock and Roll is my "coming
    of age" music. Motown music is still the best. Takes us back to
    another era. I grew up in Detroit. Anyone remember the Chicken?

I used to take the Dexter bus downtown and would pass Hitsville
    on Grand Boulevard. Last Friday I had the honor to be invited
    inside. Very thrilling. The nicest staff.

Very interesting request. I think there are probably a lot of lurkers on here who are reluctant to join because of a certain prominent member who loathes Diana Ross. He injects himself into every Ross thread and pretty much says she is the devil incarnate and tries to belittle any accomplishment she has achieved. It gets old.......and he certainly lets those fans know they are not "welcomed here". Not trying to start anything - just stating the way it is.

So leave it alone gba. I'm trying to have a thread here.

Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    So leave it alone gba. I'm trying to have a thread here.
    Yeah, like said person's response on your "Thank You Ralph" thread on Motown topic - you're a nice man, but we are known by the friends we keep - please delete me from this group and know that lurkers will keep lurking - peace be to you.

Your wish is my command gba.

I started out as a lurker and eventually jumped in. From the time I joined until I took a break it was a wild ride.... LAWD that's an understatement....LOL

As a result of this forum I've made friendships that have been intact for more than 10 years. I've learned mucho info about the business of music as well as music itself AND much of that info came from people that were all up in it back in the day, be they artist, producers, musicians, publicist, etc. This place has been amazing in that regard.

A lot has changed and to be honest it's not what it use to be but I will admit, it's good to be home for ever how long that may be.

True, but that, to some extent is due to SDF in some ways growing up and passing me by. It's come a long way from a SITSOM based forum and I mostly lurk now, but it's still a good place to lurk.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug-Morgan View Post
    True, but that, to some extent is due to SDF in some ways growing up and passing me by. It's come a long way from a SITSOM based forum and I mostly lurk now, but it's still a good place to lurk.
    Hey old buddy. Remember you from way back as douglasm.