[REMOVE ADS]

Detroit's 1950s/early '60s Twilighters R&B Group

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  21.1 KB

I have always wanted to get a handle on Detroit's Twilighters' history. Currently, I can remember only these 4 releases, plus 2 others that I think I've seen, but can't remember the details:

1953 - Marshall 702 - "Please Tell Me You're Mine"/

1956 - small Detroit label ?

1957 - JVB 83 - "How Many Times"/"Water-Water"

1958 - small Detroit label ?

1959 - Spin 000.1 - "Yes You Are"/"A Possibility"

1962 - Chex 1003 - Donald Richards [[and uncredited Twilighters) - "I Cried For Your Love"/"Hello Operater".

I know that Donald Richards and George Washington were late 50s and early '60s leads, but don't know the early '50s leads.

I also know that there was an L.A. group with releases on Specialty, Caddy, Cholly, Ebb and Flash Records,

and a Pittsburgh group with releases on Nix, Cenci and Chess,

and a New York R&B group on MGM, Groove and Ricki, and also a White Doo Wop NY Area group sometimes billed as Tony & The Twilighters as well as The Twilighters,

and '60s Rock groups in Washington State and Texas.

Can anyone help with more info on the Detroit group, and any more about the other regions' Twilighters groups?

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  21.1 KB
    I KNOW that Carl Pelagrino can answer this question. Does he NEVER post here, anymore? Are there NO Detroiter R&B fans here anymore?