[REMOVE ADS]

Intruders Robert "Big Sonny Edwards Died

I couldn't find the link to the Chicago Sun-Times article but G&H announced his passing at age 74 from a heart attack. The Intruders were my boys big time. Of the original group, only Phil is left. Bobby Star is still alive also as far as I know and still fronting a group.

Edit: http://www.billboard.com/articles/co...y-edwards-dead
    Last edited by mr_june; 10-19-2016 at 11:16 AM.

Rest in peace Big Sonny. I'm still listening.........

Marv

RIP Big Sonny...

I Think he was the only original member on the 80's line up responsible for the disco-soul hit "Who Do You Love"...

Our "Philly Family" is sadly day by day small... but their music is as great as ever. I don't well recall if I posted here the pass of the great rock / soul / PIR studio player T.J. Tindall [[I saw on a spanish music blog some months ago...)

Sorry to hear of this,another legend gone,i will always love the intruders and i'm glad to have seen them back in the day and one of the best[live]groups ever...r.i.p.

Sorry to hear about "Big Sonny" from The Intruders. RIP.

wonder_woman Guest
    One of my all time favourite soul groups ...I'll Always Love 'The Intruders' ...sad news indeed....RIP Big Sonny....

Sad news a group I always had respect for, it was the first single I choose to play on radio, "I'll Always Love my Mama" RIP Big Sonny, and Thanks.

RIP Robert Edwards

Here is an article which identifies Robert

http://www.stltoday.com/entertainmen...d5d4941c0.html

Robert - 2nd from left

I'm sorry... if the article that links Theboyfromxtown is correct, the only original member on "Who Do You Love" is Phil Terry [[a great songwriter, also).

I remember when I played practically everyday at the restaurant where i worked during the high school the two spanish PIR / CBS LP's "El Sonido de Filadelfia, Vols. 1 & 2" with "She's A Winner" and "I'll Always Love My Mama"... what memories! And when I purchased the compilation "The Intruders Super Hits" with my absolute favorite by them, the dramatic, ultra - mellow "Gonna Be Strong",... and little after "Let's Clean Up The Ghetto" that featured the bluesy Gil Scott-Heron cover "Save The Children"... and when I purchased "Save The Children" and "Energy Of Love" albums printed in Holland totally news! What a collection of nice fusion between sophisticated soul and doo-wop...!

Quote Originally Posted by manny View Post
    RIP Big Sonny...

I Think he was the only original member on the 80's line up responsible for the disco-soul hit "Who Do You Love"...

Our "Philly Family" is sadly day by day small... but their music is as great as ever. I don't well recall if I posted here the pass of the great rock / soul / PIR studio player T.J. Tindall [[I saw on a spanish music blog some months ago...)
    Hi Manny. Thanks for that info on T.J. I hadn't heard that he passed.

Hi again, dear Mr_june,

I have found the blog where I read it [["Magic Pop") and there's a nice cover art of The Electric Edison band were TJ Tindall also played:

http://magicpopcat.blogspot.com.es/2...sta-de-la.html

Cheers to all