[REMOVE ADS]

New Diana Ross Project posting 10/17/2016

I do like I'm Still Waiting but I never understood just why it was such a massive hit in the UK compared to many of her other songs. At the time of release it became the third biggest selling Motown single to date in the UK and is Diana's third biggest selling UK single although it may possibly now have been overtaken by Endless Love if we count it among her solo efforts as it has been one of her biggest selling Downloads. Interestingly although it didn't hit #1 Upside Down has outsold Waiting.

I suppose the influence of Radio 1 DJ Tony Blackburn who championed it cannot be underestimated - I doubt Doobe'dood'ndoobe would have gone top 20 without his support.

The reaction to ISW by the audience when Diana performed ithere in concert was incredible and I'm sure must have taken Diana by surprise.

It is rather hard to understand just why it underperformedso much in the US - perhaps it would have done a lot better if it had been released before Surrender.

If you haven't previously read it you should take a look at the Project's stunningly positive review of The Force Behind The Power.

https://dianarossproject.wordpress.c...he-power-1991/

It goes overboard about Change Of Heart which seems to split Diana's fans. I like it, reminds me somewhat of Gettin' Ready For Love but there's many better tracks on the album.

In the responses in the article mention is made of an edited version of the song. I have never heard it so I wonder if anyone is aware of anywhere on the internet where it can be listened to please.

Quote Originally Posted by rovereab View Post
    In the responses in the article mention is made of an edited version of the song. I have never heard it so I wonder if anyone is aware of anywhere on the internet where it can be listened to please.
    If I remember correctly, the edited version for the single just fades out earlier than the album version. I don't know if the single edit ever made it to any subsequent albums or cds.