[REMOVE ADS]

Custom Supremes CD Collection

Hi, all - so many folks here seem to enjoy physical product so I just wanted to share some photos of my lovingly curated CD collection of the Supremes Discography with a special box featuring classic Motown Album ad design for all the CDs inside, custom CD cases, and unique inserts/underlays for 36 releases [[I've combined TCB and GIT into one case). It encompasses every Supremes' album release [[including greatest hits) from 1962's MEET THE SUPREMES through 1978's AT THEIR BEST. The only release during that time I didn't make a custom CD case/insert for was 1973's LIVE! IN JAPAN. The CDs I used with the set [[all with custom labels) were compiled from various sources but could easily be replaced with the "real" CDs and/or burned discs from one's own collection. I really enjoyed putting this together with the kind of love and care only other true fans can appreciate.

Please go here to see photos of the set in question:

http://imgur.com/a/ZtGDg

Offer removed
    Last edited by ejluther; 10-28-2016 at 07:57 PM.

What a great idea! Where did you get the "The Motown Sound" image with all the album covers?

This is representative of things that SHOULD be housed in the upcoming Motown Museum.

Quote Originally Posted by ejluther View Post
    I'm not sure if this is appropriate to post here, but if you're interested in having this custom box collection for yourself, please PM me and we can talk about it as I'm thinking of setting it free for the right price.
    This may be illegal. If sound recordings are involved, it is highly illegal, and you could get Lowell and Ralph in trouble for it.

There was an exception in the UK which meant you were allowed to make copies of music you had purchased for your own personal use. However, at the moment, the law relating to copyright seems a little unclear as per the link below. That said, if you made a copy for your own use during the period when it was legal, there's no mention of you having to destroy it. In fact the likelihood is that a further exception may be introduced in the EU/UK.

http://copyrightuser.org/topics/private-copying/.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    This may be illegal. If sound recordings are involved, it is highly illegal, and you could get Lowell and Ralph in trouble for it.
    I'm just talking about the custom box, cases, and inserts - not the recordings. Sorry if that wasn't clearer...in fact, just forget that whole part...not for sale, just for sharing
    Last edited by ejluther; 10-28-2016 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thommg View Post
    What a great idea! Where did you get the "The Motown Sound" image with all the album covers?
    Thanks! I made it on my computer in that style using original ads as the template...

U did a fantastic job u put a lot of love into this this is ur collection be proud of it

Quote Originally Posted by ejluther View Post
    Thanks! I made it on my computer in that style using original ads as the template...
    I always loved those inserts. I used to study them while listening to the albums, and cross off the LPs I had and circle the ones I wanted!

It's a great idea and well executed. I especially like the vinyl replica CDs and labels. Wonder how often each album gets played, either physical CD or digital copy.

Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post
    It's a great idea and well executed. I especially like the vinyl replica CDs and labels. Wonder how often each album gets played, either physical CD or digital copy.
    I play "the girls" a lot but usually through my digital media, hence my temporary insanity thinking I could part with my discography project...but I can't...

I like the album covers. I remember them from the priginal album cover sleeves.i used to have them