[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Nona Hendryx

Nona Hendryx

Does anyone know what Nona is up to these days? Can't get much info. for her website.

Thank you, jack020

She hosted the Bernie Worrell tribute in April at Irving Plaza in NYC.

Nona had known Bernie for years...
    I didn't see any mention on that wiki article of Nona's more recent work with jazz drummer
    Teri Lyn Carrington. She was on The Mosiac Project...

I am still moved by the songs Nona wrote for Labelle. "Let Me See You In the Light", "I Believe That I've Finally Made It Home" and "Going Down Makes Me Shiver" are just a few. It's hard to believe those songs are over 40 years old. She's an brilliant songwriter.

For real. Nona was also something of a pioneer. I think it was her [[and Vicki) that got Labelle to be the fashion trendsetters they were in the '70s [[and also the musical trendsetters of the same decade). You could argue that Labelle is finally get their just due...somewhat. Nona was a big part of that.

I agree with you midnightman, about Nona and Vicki being pioneers. Not only were they pioneers in the visual sense, but also musically. I was listening to the Pressure Cookin LP the other day and felt that some of the music, stylistically, was ahead of its time. I think this can be said for a lot of Labelle's 70's catalogue.