[REMOVE ADS]

Ted Williams Detained by Los Angeles Police

Oh boy I guess the officers were star struck..did they really need to b taken to the station
    http://www.aolnews.com/2011/01/11/te...ngeles-police/

Like I said in another thread, Ted williams is still on shakey ground. The last thing he needs is to be confronted by hostile family members and having himself reamed by Dr. Phil for abandoning his family.Stuff like that could send him back to drugs and alcohol. But at least Dr. Phil can get him some professional help.

A spokeman for Entertainment Tonight quotes his daughter Jemay as saying that the incident will be discussed on tonight's show.

http://dailyherald.com/article/20110111/news/110119850/

i think it's part of the machine to market this guy.

After seeing the interview & listening to his daughter's accusations, as well as her manner of speech [[vulgarity, accusations), I believe that this whole thing was staged.

I believe that someone has spoken with all of them & is angling for a reality tv show. With the dysfunction already firmly set in place, I'm sure that most family members involved will be more than happy to shuck & jive for their new-found, adoring fans.

Unfortunately for him, he's gained the attention of some pretty heavy hitters & corporations whom WILL NOT embrace any such thing, nor will they want their "wholsesome" middle-America products, nor images associated with such buffoonery.

As for the daughter, it would appear to me as though she's not thinking ahead. For her to state that he's been going through a bottle of Grey Goose a day since they've reunited for the TV talk circuit, is an exercise in ignorance & foolishness. This man has barely gooten his foot in the door, his 15 minutes of fame is at about the 3 minute mark & her words [[if true), could only serve to damage his employment prospects, not to help them.

There's a reason why some folks don't grab the brass ring & reasons why some don't need to be in the spotlight.

Unfortunately, due to reality TV & societies strange craving to watch over-blown & often scripted "reality", people who shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a video camera transmission can display to the world just how dumb they are & just how desperate some folks are to get attention, any kind of attention...

No matter how bad it makes them look.

smark21 Guest
    Just because he has a great voice and has had a sad, pathetic life doesn't make him a good person. Given his criminal history and his battles with addiction, he has a lot of demons. Three years from now I think he'll be no better off then when he was discovered unless he gets some serious help and guidance and wants to make a meaningful change in his life. Certainly this sudden fame and scrutiny will do him no favors as he's seemingly far from equipped to handle it.

yes this all seems made for a reality TV drama..I can see it now dragging the elderly mother along for the ride shame shame shame..I for 1 dont see anything worth looking at unless its hearing his voice..WOW his daughter said he drinks a bottle a day

I dont think what happened to him and his daughter was staged because he had slcratches and the police came by. What I DID read was that DR Phil offered him some voiceover work and that is how he came into his stronghold of doing this intervention thing. Dr Phil is all about the money to me. Smark its evident that this guy may have some demons but I think he knows the public is watching his every move its a shame he is out there if you will. I wish the media would leave him alone and let him work and breathe. Counseling should be behind closed doors and I hope he has an honest agent.

It was announced today that Ted williams has entered a private rehab.

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    I dont think what happened to him and his daughter was staged because he had slcratches and the police came by. What I DID read was that DR Phil offered him some voiceover work and that is how he came into his stronghold of doing this intervention thing. Dr Phil is all about the money to me. Smark its evident that this guy may have some demons but I think he knows the public is watching his every move its a shame he is out there if you will. I wish the media would leave him alone and let him work and breathe. Counseling should be behind closed doors and I hope he has an honest agent.
    Of course if it wasn't for the media, he would be yet another homeless person on the streets. The problem with the Williams story is that once he was discovered and the story went National everone wanted a feel good fairy tale quick rags to riches happy ending. That's not real life. The man became homeless for a reason. Here's a good article from Christian Science Monitor about the Williams story.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Society...m-homelessness

Did the man even start a Job yet good lawd..Where did Dr Phil come from anyway,,hes gonna be fired before hes even hired
    Last edited by abfan; 01-12-2011 at 10:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by abfan View Post
    Did the man even start a Job yet good lawd..Where did Dr Phil come from anyway,,hes gonna be fired before hes even hired
    Yes, WHERE DID Dr. Phil come from.....he's like a fly on you know what....or so it seems. Another reality show plays out before us.