[REMOVE ADS]

Fox news' Bill O'Reilly & Co. are at it again...

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/asian-am...egment-n660506

Disgusting! Isn't "we were only kidding" what bullies always say when they are busted?

Typical. When you hear "make America great again", they're saying that anything racist can be excused because taking offense to it is just political correctness. In their world, if you are intolerant of intolerance, then you're the one who needs to be rejected.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    Typical. When you hear "make America great again", they're saying that anything racist can be excused because taking offense to it is just political correctness. In their world, if you are intolerant of intolerance, then you're the one who needs to be rejected.
    Which is why some are pushing hard to end political correctness. They want to be able to use slurs without repercussions.

"Why can't we say the 'N' word? They say it to themselves."

Such a weak argument. Italians call themselves the "W" word. Let me see you try it. Mexicans have their own "W" word, but I dare you to go to East LA and call one of them that. Gays can call each other "queer" but I cannot and should not. Some women use the "B" word but it is ALWAYS inappropriate for a man to use it toward a woman. I'm not going into the names for the Irish, Polish, Asians, and Jews. And don't get me started on "Redskin".

Want to know why? Because the last word some Black people have heard in this life was the "N" word being shouted as a noose was put around their necks. Plenty of Italians were denigrated with that "W" word when they first came to the US and tried to integrate into society. Gays were harshly referred to as "queer" as if they had a screw loose and weren't normal. And plenty of women are still called b**** just because they don't want to deal with somebody's nonsense. Some hear it over the sound of being beat.

It's not about political correctness. It's about disrespect. When people refer to themselves in these terms, it takes the sting off of having heard it from others. I hate these terms but understand why some feel comfortable with them. What Faux News did was not harmless fun, especially at a time when xenophobia threatens to make the White House its home base.