As mentioned in our recent discussion of this group, I found them interesting enough to consider ordering the CD. However, while researching them, I came across another artist that I was also going to consider ordering, but right now, the name of that artist has escaped me. So maybe if I give some clues, one of you can help me. I am sure I will recognize the name if I see it again.

Same general time frame, early to mid 70s, maybe even the same label as The Minits. At the very least they were discussed on the same website that I now cannot remember!!!! GRRR!!!

I think this artist was a single female as opposed to a group. The name was not her actual name, but rather some sort of gimmicky nickname that was designed to imply sassiness or feistiness. Something like "Big Black Mama" or "Bad Sista" or "Hot and Sassy" or something along those lines. Like the Minits this artist did not have any hits to speak of and again the similarity was there to Honey Cone or someone like that, based on the clips that I sampled.

Any ideas?