[REMOVE ADS]

Police shoot and kill unarmed black man in Southern California

And the beat goes on........................from Sea to Shining Sea!

http://www.aol.com/article/2016/09/2...n-so/21480783/
    Last edited by marv2; 09-28-2016 at 09:25 AM.

With the cops standing so close to the victim, you would think that they would be able to see that he does not have a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    And the beat goes on........................from Sea to Shining Sea!

http://www.aol.com/article/2016/09/2...n-so/21480783/
    So sad and awful and just Ugh

This is a serious problem that is not going away

*Start of rant*

The thing that gets me is that police officers SEE other police officers unnecessarily kill people, and yet it keeps on happening!!
    The outcry, the uproar, the media coverage - doesn't it make them think that they should try very hard to avoid killing any more innocent people!!?

the man "refused their instructions to remove his hand from his pocket and then pulled out an object from his pants and pointed it at them"

"no weapon was found on the scene"

the police "did not say what exactly the man pointed at the unidentified officers"

I mean, c'mon!!

*End of rant*

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    So sad and awful and just Ugh

This is a serious problem that is not going away

*Start of rant*

The thing that gets me is that police officers SEE other police officers unnecessarily kill people, and yet it keeps on happening!!
    The outcry, the uproar, the media coverage - doesn't it make them think that they should try very hard to avoid killing any more innocent people!!?

the man "refused their instructions to remove his hand from his pocket and then pulled out an object from his pants and pointed it at them"

"no weapon was found on the scene"

the police "did not say what exactly the man pointed at the unidentified officers"

I mean, c'mon!!

*End of rant*
    They claim it was a vaporizer , an electronic cigarette that he held towards them.

They claim it was a vaporizer , an electronic cigarette that he held towards them.
    Wow
    A cigarette

Cops kill nearly a thousand people each year, of which a couple hundred are unarmed. This should no longer shock us since it happens every other day, on average. It has not changed because all of those folks who registered an opinion about Colin Kaepernick's protest are much more comfortable with people dying unnecessarily than they are with someone using a huge stage to point it out.

And that number does not count hundreds of others who die in jail under preventable circumstances. Has any of you read about the man who died of dehydration in Milwaukee after the cops turned off water to his cell for a week? Donald Trump's dancing bear, Sheriff Clarke, is the one who told them to turn it off. Nobody will hold him accountable for it, though.

http://fox6now.com/2016/09/15/death-...s-dehydration/

This could have been a case of "suicide" by cop. The whole thing was captured on video, so that's the good thing. The problem I have, as with the Oklahoma shooting, is that one cop uses a taser, and the other uses the gun. So, it looks like we get one scared cop with "itchy trigger finger" who shoots regardless of whether other less-lethal methods are employed first. Oh, wait...the suspect is a Black man, so he has super-human strength, is probably on drugs, and is always violent - so may as well end it now.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    This could have been a case of "suicide" by cop. The whole thing was captured on video, so that's the good thing. The problem I have, as with the Oklahoma shooting, is that one cop uses a taser, and the other uses the gun. So, it looks like we get one scared cop with "itchy trigger finger" who shoots regardless of whether other less-lethal methods are employed first. Oh, wait...the suspect is a Black man, so he has super-human strength, is probably on drugs, and is always violent - so may as well end it now.
    My problem is with the closeness of the police and still they are unable to determine that what the man had in his hands was not a gun.

My problem is with the closeness of the police and still they are unable to determine that what the man had in his hands was not a gun.
    Yep. Like when the Miami Beach PD shot the guy who was protecting the autistic man who wandered away from the facility and sat in the street playing with a toy truck. They lied and said they thought it was a gun so they shot the caretaker while trying to shoot the disabled man.

So, the Miami Beach PD can afford military grade weapons but nobody invested in a pair of binoculars to see that the guy was holding a gun? Gotcha.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    Yep. Like when the Miami Beach PD shot the guy who was protecting the autistic man who wandered away from the facility and sat in the street playing with a toy truck. They lied and said they thought it was a gun so they shot the caretaker while trying to shoot the disabled man.

So, the Miami Beach PD can afford military grade weapons but nobody invested in a pair of binoculars to see that the guy was holding a gun? Gotcha.
    Jerry this is all crazy. I am not paranoid yet, but it's coming.......I can feel it. There is something truly sinister behind all of these police shootings.

They are nothing new. We are merely learning to what extent the problem exists.