[REMOVE ADS]

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    1) There is no evidence that Clinton did anything wrong. She has never been prosecuted and tried in a court of law. Therefore, she is not a criminal. And, if you have legal evidence to share with us, please do. Otherwise, you have nothing.

2) Donald J. Trump has committed arguable treasonous acts like inviting a foreign government to hack into the U.S, Government. He is also about to be sued for sexualcrimmunal behavior. Even if no lawsuits or charges are filed, he has already admitted to criminal acts to Billy Bush. And, for everything you say Hillary Clinton is hiding in emails, Trump is hiding by not releasing his tax returns. What is he hiding? Has he committed tax fraud? Donald Trump, and his father settled with the feds for housing discrimination. They even have his father on tape. The case is of public record. No, the Trumps cut a deal so they didn't have to admit guilt, but the case is there for all to see. Hey, look: as long as you can accuse Hillary of being a criminal, we can accuse Trump of being a criminal.

And, Hillary Clinton never punched her mother. Donald J. Trump said he did, and never apologized for it. he cheated on his wives and never apologized for it.

Who's worse? I'l vote for Clinton any day. Trump should never be allowed near the White House!
    Yes...........I couldnt agree with you moreHillary is far more qualifies to be President and shes is lever headed and calm and very smart. Trump is DANGEROUS and dumb about domestic and foreign policy.

And Anthony Weiner's computer? Again, unless they can tell us exactly what is in the emails, and if any laws were broken, they have nothing...NOTHING!

A lot of legal people are shocked that Comey would pull anything like this. The first thing she needs to do as president is to fire him. Hopefully people see it for what it is. It reeks of partisanship.

Here's some fact checking on the current email crap:

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016...-email-n675011

New York magazine, Oct 26:
    "Clinton Adviser Proposes Attacking Iran to Aid the Saudis in Yemen"
    http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...id=fb-share-di

Here's this same Clinton advisor [[Michael Morell) on Charlie Rose in August, advocating killing Iranians and Russians "covertly" in Syria and launching a bombing campaign [[it's a short clip, less than 2 minutes, but chilling - note Rose's nervous laughter at 0:46):

Washington Post:
    "Washington’s foreign policy elite breaks with Obama over Syrian bloodshed"
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...3c4_story.html

"In the rarefied world of the Washington foreign policy establishment, President Obama’s departure from the White House — and the possible return of a more conventional and hawkish Hillary Clinton — is being met with quiet relief."
    "...the bipartisan nature of the recent recommendations, coming at a time when the country has never been more polarized, reflects a remarkable consensus among the foreign policy elite.
    This consensus is driven by a broad-based backlash against a president [Obama] who has repeatedly stressed the dangers of overreach and the need for restraint, especially in the Middle East."

Translation: Obama tried to restrain the neocons [["the foreign policy elite"), but under Hillary they will regain control over US foreign policy because she is one of them.

The US is already currently bombing in seven countries:
    http://www.politifact.com/texas/stat...ect-about-us-/

More to come in January...
    Last edited by calvin; 10-30-2016 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by calvin View Post

More to come in January...
    So what does this do for folks today?... It's time for people to make their choice RIGHT NOW,
    calvin... The election is just days away, it's even too late to push a third party candidate. I
    think it says a lot about how fu*ked this country is when Bump and Pill are the best we can
    come up with as far as choices from either party to lead this nation...Really f.................

Quote Originally Posted by splanky View Post
    Really f.................
    Yeah Splanky, that pretty much sums it up.

The third party candidate doesn't seem like much either...

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  21.1 KB
    At least he's heard of Syria. I'd be afraid to find out how few Americans knew where Syria was before the current refugee crisis [[or, indeed where Washington D.C. is, or the fact that USA is partly made up of French, Dutch, Swedish and Danish colonies, and that Pennsylvania citizens had to vote on whether to make their official language German or English, just before their joining The United States of America, or that Jews do not have horns and tails).

There's also Jill Stein of the Green Party. Of course neither she nor Johnson will win, but voting for one of them sends a message of protest.

So what does this do for folks today?... It's time for people to make their choice RIGHT NOW,
    calvin... The election is just days away, it's even too late to push a third party candidate. I
    think it says a lot about how fu*ked this country is when Bump and Pill are the best we can
    come up with as far as choices from either party to lead this nation...Really f.................
    It's much ado about nothing. These complaints are made every election cycle about every leading candidate. Clinton has been on the receiving end of a lot of BS that's been taken out of context. My brother-in-law doesn't want to vote for her because he's heard that she's had over 100 political rivals killed. Seriously.

Also, for all of the WikiLeaks e-mails released, not one has her name on it. Guess what? When people strategize, the process is to literally put everything out for discussion. Sometimes, that means you're going to push the limits of propriety. Brainstorming reduces the long list of "what ifs" to the actual plan for the future. But you put everything out to make sure you consider everything. By the way: We haven't seen Johnson's, Stein's, Sanders', or Trump's e-mails. Do you suppose there are not some interesting things in any of them?

Every clown with an axe to grind has come out of the woodwork this election, not considering that if Clinton is "corrupt", she may be the least corrupt of all of them. If they are politicians, then they are in bed with shady people. I can make similar claims to Calvin's case against Clinton about everybody else in this race but I won't. Because it's a stupid and immature thing to do.

Why do you suppose Calvin hasn't made the case against anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    It's much ado about nothing.
    I hope you're right.

These complaints are made every election cycle about every leading candidate.
    I did not make any such arguments about Obama 4 or 8 years ago. In 2008, McCain was the frightening candidate. If you recall, he wanted to fight Russia over Georgia.

If they are politicians, then they are in bed with shady people.
    The Clintons are not only in bed with shady people, they are shady themselves. Yes, so is Trump. Jill Stein does not appear to be [[but how can anyone know for sure). I don't know about Johnson.

Why do you suppose Calvin hasn't made the case against anyone else?
    I guess for two reasons. Firstly, no one in this thread is raving over any of the other candidates. Secondly, if Clinton gets us into a war with Russia, that is the worst-case scenario and nothing else will matter.

As I wrote before, I view Hillary as a frightening choice. Maybe that's only because she's a "known" quantity, and not in a good way. I admit that I can't predict the future to know which candidate will plunge the world into more unnecessary wars, possibly even a nuclear war. But neither can you. We can only guess.

Also again, I can understand someone voting for Hillary [[or even Trump) as the lesser of the two evils. I honestly don't know which one would be worse [[and neither do you), but I think either will be bad, in different ways. I could have voted but chose not to, months ago.

Ok, I've had my say and I see that I'm not welcome here [["stupid and immature"), so I won't interrupt the fawning over Hillary with another post. It's really a waste of time anyway - nothing anyone writes here is going to make a difference.
    Last edited by calvin; 10-30-2016 at 04:39 PM.

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  21.1 KB
    It's too bad that both major US political parties are run by big money, and the funding and media rules make it such that no other parties can have any chance to win a presidential, gubernatorial or senatorial election. Unfortunately, it will take a unified national strike of all essential service workers for an extended period [[which almost all working people can't afford), or, more likely, a bloody revolution, to change the system to at least a semi-representative government. Currently, only the wealthiest 5-10% of the population [[at best) is represented by that country's government. To those people that state that USA is a democracy, -I say to you, it was NEVER even remotely a democracy. It WAS a representative republic, for White male landowners, when started.

Even Denmark, where the entire registered voting population get to vote on many issues and laws, is not a true democracy, but more a representative government, as there are many situations where governmental decisions, rules and laws are made or instigated, for which they do not vote, but must depend on a voted in representative, or an official appointed by a voted in official. At least, in Denmark [[Sweden, Finland, Norway, The Netherlands, Canada, New Zealand, and some other countries, the voted-in representatives are somewhat responsive to the mass of their constituents.) The US Republicans and Democrats are only helping the billionaires and multi-millionaires [[$20 million +) amongst their ranks.

Quote Originally Posted by robb_k View Post
    At least he's heard of Syria. I'd be afraid to find out how few Americans knew where Syria was before the current refugee crisis [[or, indeed where Washington D.C. is, or the fact that USA is partly made up of French, Dutch, Swedish and Danish colonies, and that Pennsylvania citizens had to vote on whether to make their official language German or English, just before their joining The United States of America, or that Jews do not have horns and tails).
    LOL, are they really that bad? Oh dear, maybe Trump will win...

Once again, I can understand someone voting for Hillary [[or even Trump) as the lesser of the two evils. I honestly don't know which one would be worse [[and neither do you), but I think either will be bad, in different ways. I could have voted but chose not to, months ago.

Ok, I've had my say and I see that I'm not welcome here, so I won't interrupt the fawning over Hillary with another post. It's really a waste of time anyway - nothing anyone writes here is going to make a difference.
    calvin, you are definitely welcome here! You are right about Hillary, she is flawed, and probably corrupt, but sadly the alternative is Donald Trump, LOL! I would also say that you should still vote, just go for the Green Party's candidate [[not the "What is Aleppo?" guy, hehe) and exercise your democratic right!

Also, how dare you belittle the forum?!! LOL! This thread could affect the result with all the lurkers reading it or something, hehehe
    Last edited by TomatoTom123; 10-30-2016 at 04:44 PM.

I hope you're right.

I did not make any such arguments about Obama 4 or 8 years ago. In 2008, McCain was the frightening candidate. If you recall, he wanted to fight Russia over Georgia.

The Clintons are not only in bed with shady people, they are shady themselves. Yes, so is Trump. Jill Stein does not appear to be [[but how can anyone know for sure). I don't know about Johnson.

I guess for two reasons. Firstly, no one in this thread is raving over any of the other candidates. Secondly, if Clinton gets us into a war with Russia, that is the worst-case scenario and nothing else will matter.

As I wrote before, I view Hillary as a frightening choice. Maybe that's only because she's a "known" quantity, and not in a good way. I admit that I can't predict the future to know which candidate will plunge the world into more unnecessary wars, possibly even a nuclear war. But neither can you. We can only guess.

Also again, I can understand someone voting for Hillary [[or even Trump) as the lesser of the two evils. I honestly don't know which one would be worse [[and neither do you), but I think either will be bad, in different ways. I could have voted but chose not to, months ago.

Ok, I've had my say and I see that I'm not welcome here [["stupid and immature"), so I won't interrupt the fawning over Hillary with another post. It's really a waste of time anyway - nothing anyone writes here is going to make a difference.
    I don't fawn over anyone. If I prefer her over Trump, it's because I don't think she will start a war with Russia and I take him to his word that his version of criminal justice reform means giving police more leeway to use force and to stop and frisk young Black men because they are Black. She has zero reason to start a war with Russia and it's borderline disingenuous to suggest it. Meanwhile, his words are his witness to his intent. I'm pretty sure his civil war is more likely to happen than her world war.

By the way, I should not have used words like "stupid" or "immature" toward you and regardless of my disagreement with your views or your passion for expressing them, I recognize your right to freely discuss them. Please don't let my stupid and immature words drive you away.

Quote Originally Posted by robb_k View Post
    It's too bad that both major US political parties are run by big money, and the funding and media rules make it such that no other parties can have any chance to win a presidential, gubernatorial or senatorial election. Unfortunately, it will take a unified national strike of all essential service workers for an extended period [[which almost all working people can't afford), or, more likely, a bloody revolution, to change the system to at least a semi-representative government. Currently, only the wealthiest 5-10% of the population [[at best) is represented by that country's government. To those people that state that USA is a democracy, -I say to you, it was NEVER even remotely a democracy. It WAS a representative republic, for White male landowners, when started.

Even Denmark, where the entire registered voting population get to vote on many issues and laws, is not a true democracy, but more a representative government, as there are many situations where governmental decisions, rules and laws are made or instigated, for which they do not vote, but must depend on a voted in representative, or an official appointed by a voted in official. At least, in Denmark [[Sweden, Finland, Norway, The Netherlands, Canada, New Zealand, and some other countries, the voted-in representatives are somewhat responsive to the mass of their constituents.) The US Republicans and Democrats are only helping the billionaires and multi-millionaires [[$20 million +) amongst their ranks.
    Sadly, Robb, that is all true! I think the UK's system is somewhat more democratic than America's but it's still flawed. There are several national parties but the system is dominated by the two main ones and doesn't really represent the people. When you use proportional representation, however, parties don't easily gain majorities and have to form coalitions, which can be unstable. Political problems, eh??!! Lol

You mean Hillary Trump and Donald Clinton.

Sadly, Robb, that is all true! I think the UK's system is somewhat more democratic than America's but it's still flawed. There are several national parties but the system is dominated by the two main ones and doesn't really represent the people. When you use proportional representation, however, parties don't easily gain majorities and have to form coalitions, which can be unstable. Political problems, eh??!! Lol
    You cannot have a true representative democracy with 300+ million people. The only way to pass laws is to form coalitions. In the past, we had legislators who had views on the far left, middle, far right, socially conservative/fiscally liberal, and socially liberal/fiscally conservative sides.

Regardless of party, they worked together to serve their constituents. Since President Obama took office, Republicans have staunchly obstructed, even to the detriment of the nation and in some cases, the world. They lost support if they cooperated and were soon voted out. Consequently, the limited amount of representation is now limited to what the GOP wants and what the Democrats want.

It's so silly that the president has tried to enact legislation that was proposed by the Republicans and they voted it down so he couldn't take credit for it. If America isn't still great, that's one reason why.

Clinton is not going to get us in a war with Russia. And, just so you know, foreign policy, while important for many reasons these days, is not the main concern of the U.S. citizens. Domestic policy is.

Trust me: Trump is much worse because of his incredible ignorance, and his unpredictable behavior.

I don't know what kind of news you get in the U.K., but if you saw, heard, and read all the things we do, you'd see how much worse Trump is. God help us if he gets elected.

We are certainly not fawning, but Hillary has more plusses than Trump ever will. I would have rather had Joe Biden run. Joe Biden vs. Marco Rubio would have been a better matchup.
    Last edited by soulster; 10-31-2016 at 04:41 AM.

You cannot have a true representative democracy with 300+ million people.
    Yes, sadly that is true as well

Regardless of party, politicians worked together to serve their constituents. Since President Obama took office, Republicans have staunchly obstructed, even to the detriment of the nation and in some cases, the world. They lost support if they cooperated and were soon voted out. Consequently, the limited amount of representation is now limited to what the GOP wants and what the Democrats want.
    Why are the Republicans so against the policies of Barack Obama?? Why do they oppose him when it is to the detriment of their own country? That doesn't do any good to anyone, does it?

[[I'm not too familiar with American politics, hehe)

It's so silly that the president has tried to enact legislation that was proposed by the Republicans and they voted it down so he couldn't take credit for it. If America isn't still great, that's one reason why.
    Wow, lol

Soon after he was elected, President Obama held a meeting with Republican leaders of Congress. Typically, the president sets the agenda and the legislators figure out how to make it work. The GOP leaders made it known that even with Democrats controlling the House and Senate would be following their agenda, not the other way around. He famously said "Fellas, I'm the one who was elected president" and they immediately stonewalled.

The Democrats basically handled the rebound from the global economic collapse by themselves because the other party figured it would easier to regain control if the country was still suffering in the next election cycle.

Many don't know that the Affordable Care Act is based on a blueprint created by conservatives. Yet, they still opposed it and refused to negotiate better provisions. Not long after that, the nation lost what was left of its soul.

Why are the Republicans so against the policies of Barack Obama?? Why do they oppose him when it is to the detriment of their own country? That doesn't do any good to anyone, does it?
    1) He's not White
    2) He's liberal
    3) As i've noted before, he got in the way of their long-term strategy of dominating U.S. politics

A LOT of republicans will deny #1, but that is really behind most of it. Race.

The vengeful world of Donald Trump, and exactly why he's so dangerous.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016...atters-n671721

1) He's not White
    2) He's liberal
    3) As i've noted before, he got in the way of their long-term strategy of dominating U.S. politics

A LOT of republicans will deny #1, but that is really behind most of it. Race.
    Wow, that's shameful

It's true. Having a congressman shout "you lie!" during his state of the union address is unprecedented in American politics but that tool from South Carolina did it without worrying about it. Having SCOTUS Justice Alito sit in the front row of another one and emphatically scowl was also disrespectful. For eight years, they've felt comfortable ignoring his position while attacking him. There used to a level of respect given to the president, regardless of who held the title.

They attempted to use his name as a pejorative by referring to the Affordable Care Act as "Obamacare" but he took bite out of it by telling them he liked the name. They also stopped paying the country's bills TWICE for ridiculous reasons to try to make him look bad. And still, the country has bounced back from the recession stronger than other Western economies.

And a lot of the obstruction is about trying to make the people suffer so bad that they will vote republican.

The choice is real clear imo. Im with her.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...are_worse.html

Rush Limbaugh spoke for a lot of them when he said that he'd prefer to see the country fail for four years than succeed under president elect Obama. Very patriotic.

Rush Limbaugh spoke for a lot of them when he said that he'd prefer to see the country fail for four years than succeed under president elect Obama. Very patriotic.
    The Republicans were absolute in their decision to obstruct President Obama from day one! They do not care about the American people. What they care about is having power and pushing their agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    The Republicans were absolute in their decision to obstruct President Obama from day one! They do not care about the American people. What they care about is having power and pushing their agenda.
    That's just awful. I thought the aim of political parties was to improve people's lives, and make the world a better place!

Tom, I don't know where you came up with that, but the aim of political parties has always been about power and control.

Tom, I don't know where you came up with that, but the aim of political parties has always been about power and control.
    Yea, I think I was being optimistic, LOL

I've often wondered about this..couldn't obama have had the sargent at arms remove that idiot for being disrespectful to the office of the president?

Nope. Part of having freedoms is knowing that the limits on them are few. You can state your beliefs as long as you don't willfully convey a lie as the truth. Trump knew the president was born in the US, but good luck proving that he did. The remarkable thing is that he could have been born on the moon and still been a US native because his mom is a citizen. The press is aware of this and still made it seem though that was a story that needed to be covered.

thomas96 Guest
    And which party wants a bigger government with more power and control?

Quote Originally Posted by thomas96 View Post
    And which party wants a bigger government with more power and control?
    And which party wants to overturn roe v wade and take away a woman right to choose and punish a woman for having an abortion and take us out of NATO and ban all muslims and throw undocummented people out of the country even those who have kids born here and cut benefits for people living in poverty and would reduce the minimum wage and would have a total homophobe hater as a Vice President if elected and would have a President who is a racist bigot who thinks he can grab a woman by the vagina and calls women pigs and fat.

Im with her. Vote for Hillary Clinton next Tuesday.
    Last edited by Roberta75; 11-01-2016 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    And which party wants to overturn roe v wade and take away a woman right to choose and punish a woman for having an abortion and take us out of NATO and ban all muslims and throw undocummented people out of the country even those who have kids born here and cut benefits for people living in poverty and would reduce the minimum wage and would have a total homophobe hater as a Vice President if elected and would have a President who is a racist bigot who thinks he can grab a woman by the vagina and calls women pigs and fat.
    Very well said, Roberta! That about sums it up as to why you shouldn't vote for Donald Trump!! I just hope the American people agree...

Very well said, Roberta! That about sums it up as to why you shouldn't vote for Donald Trump!! I just hope the American people agree...
    I think the American people will reject Dangerous Donald dear but dont pay attention to the polls even the good ones. We need to get everty Democrat we know to vote next Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    I know it's bad - considering that he is one of two people that could become President of the United States - but that doesn't surprise me at all.

This guy actually CRACKS me up...

Vote Libertarian Gary Johnson! LOLOLOL