[REMOVE ADS]

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    I'm voting for Hillary. Republicans won't like it, but I am voting a straight Democratic ticket down the line. I've had enough of Republicans, and something has to change.

We need a woman president. There are an awful lot of men who are terrified of that, which makes me even happier to vote for Hillary.

I could vote early, but I simply like the ritual of going to the polling place on that day. I just don't trust mail-in ballots, particularly in this republican-controlled state where the state officials are Trump supporters.
    Last edited by soulster; 10-25-2016 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Me too I mailed mine in a week ago and I voted for Hillary.
    I hope there are enough of us Roberta. I believe there are, I have faith that there are. But it ain't over 'til it's over. Everyone needs to vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    Say what you will. You're right in some cases and wrong in others. That's your problem. You have no problem proclaiming your belief, so it's interesting that you ascribe your meaning to the words of others who feel differently. God bless you, brother but it doesn't matter to me if you believe in heaven or hell, just as I'm not concerned whether you find either.
    I proclaim by beliefs on the internet, but I respect people in person by not declaring my hatred of these religious types who insist on telling me to "Have a blessed day". If they only knew what I plan to do on the weekends! It's like those people who try to ram "Merry Christmas down everyone's throat. I don't say it because someone might be Jewish, Muslim, Hindu, atheist, whatever. Someone may have lost their family in a car crash on Christmas. I don't know, and don't want to assume everyone celebrates Christmas. Hell, there are Seventh-Day Adventists and Jehovah Witnesses who don't celebrate Christmas!

Jerry, it sounds like this discussion is getting you steamed, so you might want to back out of it. Face it: not everyone likes or respects religion. I told you that I do respect religious people just as long as they do not force it on me, and telling me to have a "blessed" day is forcing their beliefs on me.

No one here has attacked you or your beliefs. But, I would be interested in how saying "Have a Blessed Day" helps the person saying it.

Sean Hannitty has lost the last shred of dignity he had since he started shamelesly kissing Trumps rear end.
    I'm sure Hannity lost his dignity looong before Trump came along.

I hope you dont live in a swing state that goes to Trump. Your business but having that dangersous lunatic in the oval offices is a high price to pay.
    I agree! Never waste a vote! It's too precious. One may think that not voting is a protest vote, but it does nothing.

Edafan can do what they want, but if Trump just happens to get elected, don't come crying to us when the world goes down because of him.

I will proudly cast my vote for Hillary Clinton because of her long record of helping Blacks, the poor, and children. I don't give a damn about emails. I don't like Bill Clinton, but he isn't on the ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by sophisticated_soul View Post
    I hope there are enough of us Roberta. I believe there are, I have faith that there are. But it ain't over 'til it's over. Everyone needs to vote.
    Truth! It ain't over 'till it's over. Vote. Make sure Trump loses decisively so he can't try to claim fraud and contest anything in court.

A decisive victory would also send the message that more of us want to move forward instead of going back to the 'good old days'. Remember the good old days, when white men called the shots, women were second class citizen, blacks knew their place and gays were in the closet.

A decisive victory would also send the message that more of us want to move forward instead of going back to the 'good old days'. Remember the good old days, when white men called the shots, women were second class citizen, blacks knew their place and gays were in the closet.
    We need a total blow out IMO to show the Republicans that there done and we need a fork in there party.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    I'm sure Hannity lost his dignity looong before Trump came along.
    Yes hes always been a bigot and hate monger but if had one shred f decency left Trumps sucked it out of him.

I agree, Fork the Republican Party! Except for the good ones - all three of them.

That's it! "Make America White Again". Back to the days where there weren't enough of them minorities and illegals to vote for African Muslims. Back to the days before women got sassy and started voting. back to the days when a man could knock up a woman and make her marry you.

Yes hes always been a bigot and hate monger but if had one shred f decency left Trumps sucked it out of him.
    And swallowed.

I proclaim by beliefs on the internet, but I respect people in person by not declaring my hatred of these religious types who insist on telling me to "Have a blessed day". If they only knew what I plan to do on the weekends! It's like those people who try to ram "Merry Christmas down everyone's throat. I don't say it because someone might be Jewish, Muslim, Hindu, atheist, whatever. Someone may have lost their family in a car crash on Christmas. I don't know, and don't want to assume everyone celebrates Christmas. Hell, there are Seventh-Day Adventists and Jehovah Witnesses who don't celebrate Christmas!

Jerry, it sounds like this discussion is getting you steamed, so you might want to back out of it. Face it: not everyone likes or respects religion. I told you that I do respect religious people just as long as they do not force it on me, and telling me to have a "blessed" day is forcing their beliefs on me.

No one here has attacked you or your beliefs. But, I would be interested in how saying "Have a Blessed Day" helps the person saying it.
    Nah, I'm not steamed at all. As I stated before, my beliefs are radically different from other Christians'. I'm religious but not the "religious type". If I was, I'd be a hypocrite because I've probably done things worse than your plans for the weekend. Shoot, my brother-in-law all but told me I was going to hell three weeks ago because I don't cosign to his cookie cutter version of Christianity.

It's cool, though. If I fit the stereotypical image of a Christian, I'm pretty sure I couldn't enjoy all of the music that I listen to. I'll know not to say "God bless you" to you [[and tomatotom) but that won't stop me from praying for you if I find out you are in straits of any sort. Don't worry, though, you won't know when I do.

That's because you're one of my dudes [[internet version), not because I want to invite you to church. LOL.

I No one here has attacked you or your beliefs. But, I would be interested in how saying "Have a Blessed Day" helps the person saying it.
    BTW: It helps because I can't do anything to make your situation better, so I would like to think someone or something greater than I can. It's my way to let you know that I love you without being awkward about it.

Damn. That last line was awkward...

We need a total blow out IMO to show the Republicans that there done and we need a fork in there party.
    This election has revealed this country for what it is and will probably always be. Regardless of margin, the number of hate-filled bigots and misogynistic tools who care less about the security of the world, respecting others, and a color blind America than they care about worshiping at the cult of personality has forever altered how I view people. If the polls are correct, then most of the White folks I encounter each day and more than 60% of all White men think that I belong in the margins of society. I will wonder which are in that majority for years. I knew that racism and misogyny were problems but it tears at me that minorities and women are pretty much fighting the battle alone.

And that explains a lot.

Nah, I'm not steamed at all. As I stated before, my beliefs are radically different from other Christians'. I'm religious but not the "religious type". If I was, I'd be a hypocrite because I've probably done things worse than your plans for the weekend. Shoot, my brother-in-law all but told me I was going to hell three weeks ago because I don't cosign to his cookie cutter version of Christianity.

It's cool, though. If I fit the stereotypical image of a Christian, I'm pretty sure I couldn't enjoy all of the music that I listen to. I'll know not to say "God bless you" to you [[and tomatotom) but that won't stop me from praying for you if I find out you are in straits of any sort. Don't worry, though, you won't know when I do.

That's because you're one of my dudes [[internet version), not because I want to invite you to church. LOL.
    Now you're secretly praying for me?? How dare you!!!? LOLOL. I don't mind.
    Last edited by TomatoTom123; 10-26-2016 at 04:40 AM.

[QUOTE=Jerry Oz;354676]
    ...I've probably done things worse than your plans for the weekend.
    I'll bet you haven't.

I'll know not to say "God bless you" to you [[and tomatotom) but that won't stop me from praying for you if I find out you are in straits of any sort. Don't worry, though, you won't know when I do.

Thanks for the clarification.

BTW: It helps because I can't do anything to make your situation better, so I would like to think someone or something greater than I can. It's my way to let you know that I love you without being awkward about it.

Like brothers, man, like brothers! Hahahahaha!

This election has revealed this country for what it is and will probably always be. Regardless of margin, the number of hate-filled bigots and misogynistic tools who care less about the security of the world, respecting others, and a color blind America than they care about worshiping at the cult of personality has forever altered how I view people. If the polls are correct, then most of the White folks I encounter each day and more than 60% of all White men think that I belong in the margins of society. I will wonder which are in that majority for years. I knew that racism and misogyny were problems but it tears at me that minorities and women are pretty much fighting the battle alone.

And that explains a lot.
    Tonight on CNN, a reporter went around to a bunch of Trump supporters outside of one of his rallies, and asked them what policies they liked of Trumps. Very few could, or would give specifics, but that could also be because some jackass was following her around with a camera telling everyone not to talk to her because she's from CNN. Anyway, it did show that most of them had no idea of what Trumps policies actually are. My guess as to why few of them would really say anything is because Trump is White. Remember that the majority of Republicans believe Obama is a Muslim, and want the Mexicans kicked out of the country. That tells me they are bigots and racists, and don't really want to say why they really like Trump.

I'll say it again: people like Trump because he represents the last gasp of the White rule in this country. Their time is up, and they are fighting it just like they fought Obama, immigration, Affirmative Action, "religious freedom", LGBT rights, and for the second Amendment.

Expressing love on any level seems to be awkward for most us. From a casual expression of love like Bless You to a full tilt expression like I Love You we tend to be awkward in love. I really can’t control how a person responds to some expression of love [[big or small) I might make, and if the expression is not appreciated I would respond accordingly. What’s most important here to me is that I am making the expression. That I am practicing what I preach, that I am willing to get past the awkwardness of expressing love, on any level. I have a friend [[really) who is just over the expression Have A Nice Day; that’s small potatoes but I respect it and make the same expression of love with different words.

Clinton has certainly made mistakes, such as voting for the Iraqi war....
    They're not "mistakes", it's part of who she is. Consider another example, Libya.

Muammar Gaddafi was not a nice guy and I'm not defending him in any way. But he did agree to give up his WMD [[weapons of mass destruction) program in exchange for recognition, lifting of sanctions, and a promised return to the "community of nations." But at the first signs of a popular uprising during the Arab Spring, the Obama administration [[Obama, Clinton, and Samantha Power) decided the time was ripe for "regime change". They first went to the UN to request a no-fly zone to protect Libyan civilians; this was approved, Russia and China did not block it [[they abstained). But the Russians and Chinese were duped, as US planes [[along, sadly, with the UK and French) began attacking Libyan troops on the ground, including finally a convoy that Gaddafi was in, leading to his death.

And here's Clinton's sick reaction, laughing about and enjoying Gaddafi's death, it makes me wonder whether she is a psychopath:

What were the consequences? ISIS moved into Libya and the country remains in chaos. And do you really expect Russia and China to support the US the next time it asks for approval to protect civilians? And how about nuclear proliferation? The deal with Gaddafi shows that a country that the US doesn't like needs nuclear weapons and should never give them up, because the US can't be trusted. Kim Jong Un must know that if he agreed to give up his atomic bombs, the US would kill him the first chance they get. He can take out Seoul with a A-bomb, but his real survival strategy is to develop a missile that can carry an atomic bomb to the west coast of the US.

Now, because Obama encouraged the Arab Spring uprising in Syria in 2011 [[saying "Assad must go"), the US finds itself supporting terrorists and risking war with Russia in Syria because it is unwilling or unable to back down from that statement.

And how about those Saudis? Clinton's wikileak emails show that she knows they are funding ISIS and other terrorists around the world, and she considers the Saudis a threat to the US. And yet, Clinton approved massive arms sales to Saudi Arabia while heading the State Department after the Saudis paid her tens of millions. Now we just learned that John and Tony Podesta are being paid $140,000 per month by the Saudis. It is so cynical.

Reading this thread makes me pessimistic about the future. I can understand people going for what they believe is the lesser evil, but I can't understand praise for Clinton. People are so wrapped up in the Democrats vs Republicans contest that they can't see the forest for the trees. The American people are getting screwed by both parties, and have been for decades.

Check out this Princeton study, which concluded that the US is no longer an actual democracy. Summary: in cases where the interest of the people differs from the interest of the wealthy party donors, the party donors get what they want. [[Equally true for both parties.)
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...nger-democracy

This article also came up in Wikileaks - a finance billionaire and big donor to Clinton emailed that link to John Podesta and remarked, "I guess it takes a study to point out the obvious."
    Last edited by calvin; 10-26-2016 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by calvin View Post
    They're not "mistakes", it's part of who she is. Consider another example, Libya.
    I can forgive a vote for the Iraqi war because a lot of people were duped by the big lie that Saddam had nukes, or was working on them.

And here's Clinton's sick reaction, laughing about and enjoying Gaddafi's death, it makes me wonder whether she is a psychopath:
    So, how many in the W. Bush administration cheered when we executed Saddam?

What were the consequences? ISIS moved into Libya and the country remains in chaos. And do you really expect Russia and China to support the US the next time it asks for approval to protect civilians? And how about nuclear proliferation? The deal with Gaddafi shows that a country that the US doesn't like needs nuclear weapons and should never give them up, because the US can't be trusted. Kim Jong Un must know that if he agreed to give up his atomic bombs, the US would kill him the first chance they get. He can take out Seoul with a A-bomb, but his real survival strategy is to develop a missile that can carry an atomic bomb to the west coast of the US.
    And, you want a guy who didn't even know that his pal Putin invaded Crimea and annexed it to the Russian Federation? You want a guy who wants to carpet bomb all of our enemies with nukes? Trump is the bigger psychopath.

Now, because Obama encouraged the Arab Spring uprising in Syria in 2011 [[saying "Assad must go"), the US finds itself supporting terrorists and risking war with Russia in Syria because it is unwilling or unable to back down from that statement.

And how about those Saudis? Clinton's wikileak emails show that she knows they are funding ISIS and other terrorists around the world, and she considers the Saudis a threat to the US. And yet, Clinton approved massive arms sales to Saudi Arabia while heading the State Department after the Saudis paid her tens of millions. Now we just learned that John and Tony Podesta are being paid $140,000 per month by the Saudis. It is so cynical.
    If those "leaked" emails are true.

As you know, domestic politics takes priority over all else. I don't know just how much information you guys get in the U.K., but trust me: Donald J. Trump is seriously bad news! There's a reason your previous administration planned to bar him from entering the U.K..

Reading this forum makes me pessimistic about the future. I can understand people going for what they believe is the lesser evil, but I can't understand praise for Clinton. People are so wrapped up in the Democrats vs Republicans contest that they can't see the forest for the trees. The American people are getting screwed by both parties, and have been for decades.
    Trust me when I say that Clinton has a lot of negatives, but they do not outweigh Trump's negatives. As for parties, anyone who lives here knows that the republicans have screwed the American people for decades. They are the ones who have been in power most of the time, if not in the White House, in congress. Over the last six years, the republicans have held the majority, and have done absolutely nothing to help move this country forward. republicans keep trying to attach anti-LGBT religious freedom bills to military spending bills. They waste their time voting to repeal Obamacare instead of looking for ways to fix it. They take long breaks. They have done nothing just because they hate Obama.

Check out this Princeton study, which concluded that the US is no longer an actual democracy. Summary: in cases where the interest of the people differs from the interest of the wealthy party donors, the party donors get what they want. [[Equally true for both parties.)
    The U.S. was never a democracy. It is a republic. Look it up.

Expressing love on any level seems to be awkward for most us. From a casual expression of love like Bless You to a full tilt expression like I Love You we tend to be awkward in love. I really can’t control how a person responds to some expression of love [[big or small) I might make, and if the expression is not appreciated I would respond accordingly. What’s most important here to me is that I am making the expression. That I am practicing what I preach, that I am willing to get past the awkwardness of expressing love, on any level. I have a friend [[really) who is just over the expression Have A Nice Day; that’s small potatoes but I respect it and make the same expression of love with different words.
    To the point Jerry and I were joking about: it is still taboo for many men to express affection for each other either verbally or physically with a hug. How many of us had fathers that only shook hands with his son? How many people get that creepy feeling when hugging, or seeing two guys hug, and think there's something gay about it? That mentality is still out there, folks! When men say "I love you", they have to attach the "brother" or "bro" to it to make sure no one thinks it's a romance or a crush. In comparison, women don't have these issues. It's quite common to see two straight women holding hands and hugging. No one thinks they are gay.

As far as the "You are blessed!" thing is concerned: I grit my teeth whenever someone says that to me. It's a way these people force their beliefs on people. What if I don't believe a higher power blesses people? But, that person is forcing that belief on to me anyway, just like with the "Merry Christmas' folks. If I say "Merry X-Mas" or "enjoy your holiday", they emphasize the "Christmas" part in anger, which leads us back to...

These Trump supporters feel like the world they knew is going away. They grew up in a world where Christmas and their religious beliefs were never challenged because of "political correctness" for others who may be different. They can't deal with a world that doesn't believe Christopher Columbus discovered America. They refuse to believe that the Pilgrims had nothing but the best intentions. Tio them, John Wayne is a hero. Ronald Reagan was the best ever president. They resent more languages than English anywhere. They hate a president that looks like the very people they have tried to marginalize.
    Last edited by soulster; 10-26-2016 at 11:38 AM.

So, how many in the W. Bush administration cheered when we executed Saddam?
    I've never defended Bush and his administration. Saying someone else did the same or worse is not a justification for what Hillary has done and will do as President.

The U.S. was never a democracy. It is a republic. Look it up.
    Look it up yourself. The United States is a republic which is also a representative democracy.

Merriam-Webster: Democracy
    1 a : government by the people; especially : rule of the majority
    b : a government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised by them directly or indirectly through a system of representation usually involving periodically held free elections

"The United States is not a direct democracy, in the sense of a country in which laws [[and other government decisions) are made predominantly by majority vote. Some lawmaking is done this way, on the state and local levels, but it’s only a tiny fraction of all lawmaking. But we are a representative democracy, which is a form of democracy."
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.4c9aa62aa9fe
    Last edited by calvin; 10-26-2016 at 02:34 PM.

The American people are getting screwed by both parties, and have been for decades.
    Good point Calvin ! Though unfortunately I don't think the situation is much different for us Europeans. Except that we have more than two parties...

Quote Originally Posted by phil View Post
    Good point Calvin ! Though unfortunately I don't think the situation is much different for us Europeans. Except that we have more than two parties...
    Agreed. And the UK gets involved in everything the US does... All the more reason why I don't want the US starting any more unnecessary wars, and especially not with Russia.
    Last edited by calvin; 10-26-2016 at 02:14 PM.

Look, just to be clear - I'm not pro Trump. I'm anti-Hillary for the reasons I stated [[and a lot more). As I wrote, I decided months ago not to vote. Maybe I should have voted for Jill Stein [[Green Party) as a protest, but it's too late now.

As for parties, anyone who lives here knows that the republicans have screwed the American people for decades. They are the ones who have been in power most of the time, if not in the White House, in congress. Over the last six years, the republicans have held the majority, and have done absolutely nothing to help move this country forward. republicans keep trying to attach anti-LGBT religious freedom bills to military spending bills. They waste their time voting to repeal Obamacare instead of looking for ways to fix it. They take long breaks. They have done nothing just because they hate Obama.
    The Democrats have screwed Americans too, just in different ways. When I was a kid, the Democrats represented [[among others) working people - including the uneducated and unskilled. Today, they represent the interests of their major donors - Silicon Valley [[and the tech industry in general) and Wall Street, for example. Both parties make policy decisions in the interests of these wealthy donors, whether or not these policies are in the interests of most Americans. That's what the Princeton study is saying.
    Last edited by calvin; 10-26-2016 at 03:07 PM.

That mentality is still out there, folks!
    And not just with straight folk either. After I wrote the post I considered not posting it, concerned that it might be misinterpreted or sound "too gay".

Hillary Clinton is that neighbor who doesn't clean up her dog poop and makes your yard smell bad.
    Donald Trump is the factory at the end of the street that has a history of dumping toxic waste in communities, causing cancer, birth defects, lung diseases, and a thousand ways to ruin your quality of life.

This election cycle, people keep saying that Trump is not just bad, but dangerous.

The Bernie Bros. hear it and know that it's true but their response to it is "but I'm tired of smelling her shit, Yo... He might kill me, but at least he won't irritate me like she does."

Hillary Clinton is that neighbor who doesn't clean up her dog poop and makes your yard smell bad.
    Donald Trump is the factory at the end of the street that has a history of dumping toxic waste in communities, causing cancer, birth defects, lung diseases, and a thousand ways to ruin your quality of life.

This election cycle, people keep saying that Trump is not just bad, but dangerous.

The Bernie Bros. hear it and know that it's true but their response to it is "but I'm tired of smelling her shit, Yo... He might kill me, but at least he won't irritate me like she does."
    Now what you just said just sums it up for me perfectly. Hillary has her faults but Trumps dangerous and irational and vindictive and petty and sexist and racist and a misoginist and totally unfit for ANY public opffice.

Agreed. And the UK gets involved in everything the US does... All the more reason why I don't want the US starting any more unnecessary wars, and especially not with Russia.
    Trump would be more likely to do that. The minute Putin says or does something a president trump doesn't like, he will turn on them like he does with anyone he perceives as attacking him. He's a schoolyard bully, and admits he has a thin skin...on camera.

And, BTW, why don't you give us some specific examples of how Democrats have screwed the U.S..
    Last edited by soulster; 10-26-2016 at 05:49 PM.

Trump would be more likely to do that. The minute Putin says or does something a president trump doesn't like, he will turn on them like he does with anyone he perceives as attacking him. He's a schoolyard bully, and admits he has a thin skin...on camera.

And, BTW, why don't you give us some specific examples of how Democrats have screwed the U.S..
    Hes got the thinnest skin of any man i know and hes unfit to serve the country or be the leader of the free world. Hes a petty and vindictive and dangerrous man.

Hes got the thinnest skin of any man i know and hes unfit to serve the country or be the leader of the free world. Hes a petty and vindictive and dangerrous man.
    Yes, he is, yes he is!

Oh, get this: he's trying to make a play for Blacks again, telling us that he will put more police in our neighborhoods, improve our neighborhoods, schools, and give us high-paying jobs...all the while deporting "illegals". There are so many things wrong and insulting in this latest pitch that I don't know where to begin!

And, he said this to a White audience! He is talking to them, not us. He has never addressed a Black audience, and refuses to do so. He's trying to convince White people that he's not a racist, and he doesn't want to upset his neo-nazi fans.

Yes, he is, yes he is!

Oh, get this: he's trying to make a play for Blacks again, telling us that he will put more police in our neighborhoods, improve our neighborhoods, schools, and give us high-paying jobs...all the while deporting "illegals". There are so many things wrong and insulting in this latest pitch that I don't know where to begin!

And, he said this to a White audience! He is talking to them, not us. He has never addressed a Black audience, and refuses to do so. He's trying to convince White people that he's not a racist, and he doesn't want to upset his neo-nazi fans.
    Hes disgusting and has no interest in any minority but the alt right white voter. I saw on CNN this morning that his brand is falling and that new hotel in DC isnt even booked. They had discounted rooms last night when all the other luxery hotels was sold out.

Hes disgusting and has no interest in any minority but the alt right white voter.
    That's right! And the coded message to his White fans is that if he fixes the "Black" neighborhoods, schools, and keeps Blacks from shootin' Blacks, maybe Blacks will stay away from them.

Well, there is a reason why David Duke wholeheartedly supports Drumpf in spite of his forced and insincere "denouncing" of him.

Well, there is a reason why David Duke wholeheartedly supports Drumpf in spite of his forced and insincere "denouncing" of him.
    And it was real forced and took a long time for Trump to denouce the KKK and Duke.

I hope you will all get out and vote and do your best to keep Donald Trump out of office. Can you imagine what people in China, India, Iran and well, every other civilized country, think when this clown who is running for President said "I went after her like a bitch" "I tried to fu.k her" and I grab them by the pu..y because I'm famous, I can do it?

And what happens when his thin skin is pierced? Is he going to nuke North Korea when Kim el Chubby tell him to kiss his ass?

Or does he plan to give Putin a blow job?

Astonishing this has happened in the USA but as they say, it is a divided country.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    I hope you will all get out and vote and do your best to keep Donald Trump out of office. Can you imagine what people in China, India, Iran and well, every other civilized country, think when this clown who is running for President said "I went after her like a bitch" "I tried to fu.k her" and I grab them by the pu..y because I'm famous, I can do it?

And what happens when his thin skin is pierced? Is he going to nuke North Korea when Kim el Chubby tell him to kiss his ass?

Astonishing this has happened in the USA but as they say, it is a divided country.
    And, Calvin wonders why we would vote for Hillary Clinton . All one has to do is look at the extensive number of serious negatives Trump has to realize why.

Now Trump's last hope is to discourage women, minorities, and anyone else he has offended to not vote at all. And, when they talk about Clinton's negatives, and try to put Bill in the mix, that's what they hope to accomplish.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post

Divided it is, when tou think that a big part of it is ready to vote for this clown. It may seem scary, but to me it just shows how tired and disgusted by the usual politicians normal/low classes people are.
    It's the same here in France and in other Europeans countries where right wing[[fascist) parties get more and more votes. Sad but true.

It may seem scary, but to me it just shows how tired and disgusted by the usual politicians normal/low classes people are.
    THis is where you're mistaken. The mostly white middle-class males are the ones for Trump. You see the surrogates on TV are mostly young women, but that's nothing but window-dressing. The Trump people have been trying to make it look like all types of people like him, but the truth is that white women who say they support Trump are usually older and married, and may secretly vote for Clinton, or not at all. Those one or two Blacks and Latinix you see standing behind him at rallies are either planted there, or are far-right religious nuts.

There is a reason Trump once said that he loves uneducated people. That's because they are too dumb to realize he's conning them. And, the truth is that very few wealthy people are supporting him.
    Last edited by soulster; 10-28-2016 at 01:38 PM.

Divided it is, when tou think that a big part of it is ready to vote for this clown. It may seem scary, but to me it just shows how tired and disgusted by the usual politicians normal/low classes people are.
    It's the same here in France and in other Europeans countries where right wing[[fascist) parties get more and more votes. Sad but true.
    As Soulster will tell you, the US is becoming increasingly diverse and that scares a lot of people. By the middle of the century, White people will no longer be the majority of the population and that scares some people. At some point, race will be less of an issue, so the next phase of the culture war will be centered around class. It stands to reason that if 1% controls most of the money in the economy, a unified working class is a significant threat. They won't keep us separated for much longer.

Consequently, minorities are systematically repressed with decreased earning potential and strikingly less educational opportunities. That, along with the promotion of minority men being the Boogie Man will stifle the process for a few decades, but not much longer than that. The social mechanism had to be preserved, so we now have the highest rate of incarceration in the world. We also have witnessed the near total destruction of the Black family. Before you ask me "whose fault is that?", realize that Black Americans have the highest rate of poverty and that most of our problems are similarly manifested in impoverished communities, regardless of race.

Now, add xenophobia to the mix to further delay the coming revolution. Drumpf has no intention of kicking undocumented immigrants out because our economy depends on them doing jobs no fat and happy American will do for $2 per hour. It's all an attempt to delay the upcoming grasp of economic power from the controllers by the working masses. No, I'm not talking about a socialist or communist revolution. But there is a reason why Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. was murdered when he shifted his focus from racial inequities to matters of class.

Well, now the FBI is starting a new e-mail investigation, two weeks before the election.

thomas96 Guest
    Hillary is a criminal and a traitor and should be punished for her crimes. I know many people who have worked for the pentagon over the past 50 years and they all say to me that if it were one of them doing what Hillary did, they'd be executed. And these aren't conservative people telling me this, these are both sides.

Trump may be a giant douchebag but he's not a criminal or traitor.

Soulster and Jerry : I know what you say and I agree with you.

Some years ago i was surprised that so much americans didn't vote, now,it's the same here in France and I can understand why : there's no candidate who'll change their/our lives.

Today politicians don't have no power, they're tied to Banks and lobbys.

Quote Originally Posted by thomas96 View Post
    Hillary is a criminal and a traitor and should be punished for her crimes. I know many people who have worked for the pentagon over the past 50 years and they all say to me that if it were one of them doing what Hillary did, they'd be executed. And these aren't conservative people telling me this, these are both sides.

Trump solicited business in Cuba before relations were restored. He is absolutely a traitor. He also used monies donated to his charitable foundation to pay off his legal fees, bribe public employees to stop investigating his real estate classes, and to purchase things for himself. He is absolutely a criminal.

And if Hillary should be executed, should they first be complaining about Colin Powell, who did the same thing that she did? Or did your Pentagon friends not have a comment about that?

Quote Originally Posted by thomas96 View Post

1) There is no evidence that Clinton did anything wrong. She has never been prosecuted and tried in a court of law. Therefore, she is not a criminal. And, if you have legal evidence to share with us, please do. Otherwise, you have nothing.

2) Donald J. Trump has committed arguable treasonous acts like inviting a foreign government to hack into the U.S, Government. He is also about to be sued for sexualcrimmunal behavior. Even if no lawsuits or charges are filed, he has already admitted to criminal acts to Billy Bush. And, for everything you say Hillary Clinton is hiding in emails, Trump is hiding by not releasing his tax returns. What is he hiding? Has he committed tax fraud? Donald Trump, and his father settled with the feds for housing discrimination. They even have his father on tape. The case is of public record. No, the Trumps cut a deal so they didn't have to admit guilt, but the case is there for all to see. Hey, look: as long as you can accuse Hillary of being a criminal, we can accuse Trump of being a criminal.

And, Hillary Clinton never punched her mother. Donald J. Trump said he did, and never apologized for it. he cheated on his wives and never apologized for it.

Who's worse? I'l vote for Clinton any day. Trump should never be allowed near the White House!

Well, now the FBI is starting a new e-mail investigation, two weeks before the election.
    The FBI director had better come up with some details or it's nothing more than politics and trying to sway the vote.