[REMOVE ADS]

Breaking News-Kashif has died at age 56

Just got an alert to this. He was quite the innovative singer and producer, working with Dionne, Whitney, Melba, Me'lisa among others.

Any official reports?

Heard it on the radio this morning. He was found in his home by a neighbor. Such a great loss. Sooo many hits under his belt.

Oh no. I loved his work. I bought his first solo album. He was a big part of the sound of the 80s. Rest in peace Kashif and thanks man.

Marv

How Did Kashif Saleem Die? Cause Of Death For Musician To Be Determined

http://www.ibtimes.com/how-did-kashi...rmined-2422603

I had no idea he was that young when he made his mark in the music world.

Great artist who could do it all. I loved his own solo work, though he never quite managed to top that splendid debut. His production work was equally memorable.
    I met up with him again only last year and he appeared to be in rude health. This is quite a shock. 56 is far too early to lose him. R.I.P. my friend and thank you for the music which we can continue to enjoy.

Terrible news. I've got a lot of my vinyl digitized but somehow don't have "Lover Turn Me On", which I think was his best solo song. That will happen tomorrow.

RIP. Thanks for a lot of good memories.

Great musical memories. So many seminal songs of the 80s - Whitney's "You Give Good Love" and "Thinking About You", Evelyn's "I'm In Love", "Love Changes" w/ Me'lisa Morgan. He also produced the song that turned me on to Melba Moore: "Livin' For Your Love."

Kashil and Lala laid Whitney Houston's first solo song that I heard [["You Give Good Love") out! He worked his magic for a number of other popular artists such as Evelyn Champagne King, George Benson, Kenny G, Melba Moore, Dionne Warwick, B.T. Express, etc,etc.

He truly was a force in the music industry and so very talented. This is a tough one.

R.I.P. KASHIF!

Is not a favorite of mine but I can appreciate he was seminal in the 80's. I think, when I was a young student, working as barman in a disco, they played a song by him that I have previously by Paul Hardcastle, "You're Number One To Me [[In The A.M.)" [[not sure, ? perhaps is by D-Train?). Sounded great... better than the one by Paul Hardcastle.

Was reported by Associated Press that he was 59. In any event, he was way too young. He created some great hits, for himself and others. RIP.

If you missed it, there is a copy of TV-One's "Unsung" on YouTube. I'm sure it will be taken down soon. His early life was terrible. It's amazing that he became the man and musician that he was. Watching it, I felt that there was a great sadness to him in his interviews that was not touched on during the show.

Just really, really shocked me. I too was watching his Unsung episode last night, assuming it was just replaying it in regular rotation, then that # at the corner of the screen. Never has a hashtag took me more by surprise.

I myself have more than my share of his awesome masterworks, alongside my Kashif: The Definitive Collection and This Is It: the Best of Melba Moore CDs, and my I'm In Love and Get Loose, my Keepin' Love New and Send Me Your Love regularly played on my turntable; for some good "I'm In Love", "Love Come Down", "Betcha She Don't Love You", "Take My Love", "Love's Comin' At Ya", "So Fine", "Say You Wanna", "I Just Gotta Have You [[Lover Turn Me On)", "Ooh Love", "Are You The Woman", "Baby Don't Break Your Baby's Heart" and many more.

Thank you Kashif, for innovating and modernizing R&B and Dance for the Eighties. Rest In Peace.
    Last edited by Ngroove; 09-29-2016 at 08:07 PM.

I for one am very proud of Kashif because he made a difference not with just his music but he remembered children that had the same rough beginnings as himself.

Here is the Unsung on Kashif: