[REMOVE ADS]

Marvelettes song ft on Dancing with the Stars

One of the couples danced to The Marvelettes' Too Many Fish in the Sea. It was great

Carlo, is there a clip of this?

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    Hehe! American Strictly Come Dancing, never seen it before

I was a little disappointed to view the clip and see that it was not our girls' original version. Do these people have no taste? However, having said that, the version played was not that bad. Does anyone know who that was?

I liked the versions back in the day by Mitch Ryder and Gwen Guthrie [[the only two covers I can think of) but nothing can top the original, which should have been a monster hit.

There was also a cover of "Too Many Fish In The Sea" by The Young Rascals [[on their 2nd album Collections) in 1967. And I agree that it's too bad that didn't use the original version of "Fish" by The Marvelettes on Dancing With The Stars.

Quote Originally Posted by daviddesper View Post
    I was a little disappointed to view the clip and see that it was not our girls' original version. Do these people have no taste? However, having said that, the version played was not that bad. Does anyone know who that was?

I liked the versions back in the day by Mitch Ryder and Gwen Guthrie [[the only two covers I can think of) but nothing can top the original, which should have been a monster hit.
    I don't know off hand who it was singing. But I believe most of the songs on this show are performed by the house band and singers.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    I don't know off hand who it was singing. But I believe most of the songs on this show are performed by the house band and singers.
    Yes, you're correct, Reese. It was performed by the in-house band.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    Yes, you're correct, Reese. It was performed by the in-house band.
    Hatefully , ABC.com lists it a Too Many Fish In The Sea by Bette Midler. I guess the 18 year olds in charge over there don't know their music.

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    Hehe! American Strictly Come Dancing, never seen it before
    Thanks Carlo