[REMOVE ADS]

RIP Buckwheat Zydeco

This is a name I have only seen in print and do not really know that much about, but from what I can tell, he was influential in the development of the Zydeco scene in the New Orleans area. Don't know any more details...it just made my local paper today.

So sorry to hear this. Thank you for sharing. He was certainly a huge talent. My Dad saw him once in concert, I believe he was opening for Eric Clapton and apparently he stole the show! Rest in peace.

Buckwhet Zydeco was the truth! He and Clifton Chenier really produced the best of that
    Cajun music genre and made me appreciate an instrument I used to not really care for:
    the accordian. They did that by showing me that it could be played HOT and could be played
    as percussively as the Hammond B 3. So much music came out of New Orleans it's almost
    a sin. RIP, Buckwheat...

I started listening to Cajun and Zydeco after my Blues awakening in the late 80's and I began stocking up on Buckwheat and Clifton, among a few others.

WPFW added an hour of Cajun music. My youngest granddaughter became a fan because she previously liked rockabilly and bluegrass and said that they sounded similar. I never noticed until she said it.

Buckwheat played B3 organ behind me when I played in New Orleans. We did some serious funk that night.

Buckwheat's fine version of George Perkins & The Silver Stars 'Cryin' In The Streets'...

Play it loud. No computer / auto tuning - just pure talent. What a loss to Zydeco music and New Orleans.