[REMOVE ADS]

Globel Citizen Festival

Just tuned into the opening act. Major Razor. Anyone care to tell me what that mess is about? I notice they cut to a commercial while the act is on. I'm bouncing between a Tigers game and that. Think I'll stick with the game.

Hi Ralph, I thought Major Razor were fanous for their 5 part harmony, their scintillating vocal interplay and their delicate crafted orchestrations....... However I think I am wide of the mark.
    Major Lazer is an American electronic music band composed of record producer Diplo, Jillionaire, and Walshy Fire. It was founded by Diplo and Switch, but Switch left in 2011. Its music spans numerous genres, mixing reggae with dancehall, reggaeton, house, and moombahton.
    Any the wiser??????
    As you are a musician first and foremost, enjoy!!!!
    Last edited by MIKEW-UK; 09-24-2016 at 04:44 PM.

If you can be bothered.......don't need any sound, in fact turn the volume off and just look at the demented 'lyrics'.

I'm sorry but this is the nadir of artistic endeavour. How can anyone really listen to this nonsense, and I'm being measured....so sad. This may even influence some youngsters which is morally reprehensible. If they emulate this rubbish and talk this talk,they might find themselves unemployable and have an unfulfilled life.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rtTQYA8fkxM

Last edited by MIKEW-UK; 09-24-2016 at 05:55 PM.

Mike,
    I guess I don't understand it all that much[[ I'm old....but I know talent when I see it...and so far I don't see it) but my thoughts drifted to the memorable Central Park concerts with Diana Ross or Simon and Garfunkle, where an actual musical concert was presented. This thing goes to commercial break during the "act". Not that much is missed but I did drift back into the end of Cat Stevens. I noticed he was on during a commercial. He sounded great and I'm sorry I missed him. I suppose most in the audience weren't familiar with his work since I saw very few singing along with him. That was contrasted to most singing the inane lyrics to some sub-standard talent. Whatever happened to the spirit of Woodstock. This one is reading like a fund drive on some PBS station. MSNBC, my favorite news channel, really dropped the ball on this one.

Ralph, I am watching it now, Rihanna is on. I don't understand her music much,but she sure is pretty to watch! LOL!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Ralph, I am watching it now, Rihanna is on. I don't understand her music much,but she sure is pretty to watch! LOL!!!!!
    LOOOLLLL

Marv, tut tut!!! 😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by MIKEW-UK View Post
    Oh my, what a load of utter nonsense!
    LOL!!

Over 5 million views, 75000 likes and almost 2000 comments
    Oh dear
    Last edited by TomatoTom123; 09-25-2016 at 07:26 AM.

Actually, Rihanna wasn't all that bad. She got a little redundant at times but definitely put out the energy. However, all in all, you couldn't pay me to watch that entire mess again. I also notice most of the acts don't seem to know how to end a song. Some idiot Rapper would just stop and then tell New York to "give it up" Geeeeeesh!!

Did anyone hang with the "show" long enough to see Metallica? I'm not into Metal, but I thought a little Rock and Roll would have been better than what was being dished.

They're all very talented musicians, but...

Not for me, no thank you

I love how the cameraman had to find that one person who knew the lyrics
    And even then she wasn't very good
    LOL! 😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    Did anyone hang with the "show" long enough to see Metallica? I'm not into Metal, but I thought a little Rock and Roll would have been better than what was being dished.
    Yea, I think some Rock 'n' Roll [[heck, anything) would have gone down better...!
    Last edited by TomatoTom123; 09-25-2016 at 10:47 AM.

In all honesty Tom, I'm not all familiar with the works of Metallica but they had to be more musical than what I was seeing. Actually a guy could have come out and sawed some wood and it would have been better than most of the acts.

Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    In all honesty Tom, I'm not all familiar with the works of Metallica but they had to be more musical than what I was seeing. Actually a guy could have come out and sawed some wood and it would have been better than most of the acts.
    LOL
    No, nor am I
    In fact I am more familiar with the process of wood sawing [[I have a GCSE in so-called "Wood Technology", LOL!) but I can safely say that I am not a fan of either!!!

I am not [[at all) keen on Major Lazer or Rihanna, as well

What I can say, though, is that listening to any of those artists [[or chopping a bit of wood!) makes me appreciate the music of Motown just that little bit more!!