[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Rhetta Hughes "Relight My Fire"

Aretha

Two obvious ones for me are Aretha's last two on Atlantic - 'You' and 'With everything I feel in me' They got slagged off a bit, but That are part of musical history - Aretha/Atlantic/Wexler. High time they were out on CD

Quote Originally Posted by waynesville View Post
    Two obvious ones for me are Aretha's last two on Atlantic - 'You' and 'With everything I feel in me' They got slagged off a bit, but That are part of musical history - Aretha/Atlantic/Wexler. High time they were out on CD
    I'm afraid Waynesville, you'll be waiting a long time for those two Aretha albums to be reissued along with her "Sweet Passion", "Almighty Fire" and "La Diva" albums, as Aretha owns the masters to all those albums and doesn't appear to be any rush in getting them reissued on CD [[or any other format for that matter). There was talk a few years back that she was, or had been, talking to Universal about getting expanded CD editions of all those albums issued but nothing ever came of that.

Ivor

Hi Ivor..I didn't realise that - I assumed that Atlantic did. Thanks for the insight..

Quote Originally Posted by waynesville View Post
    Hi Ivor..I didn't realise that - I assumed that Atlantic did. Thanks for the insight..
    Don't know what the deal was there Waynesville but Aretha assumed control/ownership of those said albums when she left Atlantic at the end of '79.

Ivor

Quote Originally Posted by Guy View Post
    Rhetta Hughes "Relight My Fire"

Good one...I'll support that