[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Columbus police fatally shoot 13-year-old boy carrying BB gun

Ohio officer kills robbery suspect, 13, who had BB gun, police say

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/15/us/ohi...een/index.html

I'm witholding my judgement until some cam footage materializes. Cops have itchy trigger-fingers when it comes to Black men, but this might be a good shoot.

No footage. He wasn't wearing a body cam. I'm waiting for the local news to play a 911 tape where the caller describes this boy but they haven't done it yet. He definitely didn't fit the profile of a street thug and I have huge doubts about whether he was involved or just another Black kid dumb enough to carry an air weapon in a state where it's legal to walk the streets with an assault rifle openly displayed.

The community is pissed because of a rush to judge the kid. In my opinion, even if they didn't know that it was a BB gun, the kid did. I doubt he was dumb enough to draw on cops who had real weapons. Most likely, they saw it and shot on sight. Again, most us who are outraged are just as angry with the upcoming non-transparent "investigation" that will clear the cop while we will just have to take there word for it being right.

We have a lot of messed up shit here is this country and this story is a perfect illustration
    no matter the outcome. The fact almost anyone can buy in Kmart a bb gun for kids that
    looks like a real 9mm glock is problematic from jump. Adults who purchase or allow the purchase of these items for children need to realize they are inviting the possibility that
    that child will be shot by other adults, even police mistaking the "toy" for the real thing.
    Especially people of color who by now should know we are guilty until proven innocent.
    And that's often posthumously...

You're correct. Parents need to get beyond believing that it only happens to other folks' kids. America is as separate and unequal as ever, in spite of the advances we have made. That's why you still hear tales of Black men driving nice cars who are pulled over for driving in the wrong neighborhoods. It's why I've heard dozens of people bitch about Colin Kaepernick, but have never once heard the bitching parties mention, let alone acknowledge police brutality.

Just the other day, Dabo Sweeney, the Clemson University football coach suggested that since we have a Black president and Black quarterbacks playing for southern major colleges, then Black people should either stop complaining about police brutality or leave the country. No way that I would let him coach my kid. Welcome to Donald Trump's America, where part of making America great again means reestablishing the social order that existed when we were allegedly great before.

God help us.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    No footage. He wasn't wearing a body cam. I'm waiting for the local news to play a 911 tape where the caller describes this boy but they haven't done it yet. He definitely didn't fit the profile of a street thug and I have huge doubts about whether he was involved or just another Black kid dumb enough to carry an air weapon in a state where it's legal to walk the streets with an assault rifle openly displayed.

The community is pissed because of a rush to judge the kid. In my opinion, even if they didn't know that it was a BB gun, the kid did. I doubt he was dumb enough to draw on cops who had real weapons. Most likely, they saw it and shot on sight. Again, most us who are outraged are just as angry with the upcoming non-transparent "investigation" that will clear the cop while we will just have to take there word for it being right.
    You have to look at it from this angle: they see a suspect that fits the profile of a perp who just robbed a store. That perp allegedly brandished a pistol that looks real. We do not know if the kid pulled out on purpose or threatened anyone with it. We also don't know if the cops gave any warning or just shot first.

Oftentimes when stuff like this happens, and the cops didn't have any dashcam or body cams, some footage materializes, usually from someone's cell phone, or security cameras. They way I understand it, he was with at least two other people, and i'm pretty sure there were eyewitnesses.

We'll know more in the days and weeks ahead.

Again, most us who are outraged are just as angry with the upcoming non-transparent "investigation" that will clear the cop while we will just have to take there word for it being right.
    This!^

You're correct. Parents need to get beyond believing that it only happens to other folks' kids. America is as separate and unequal as ever, in spite of the advances we have made. That's why you still hear tales of Black men driving nice cars who are pulled over for driving in the wrong neighborhoods. It's why I've heard dozens of people bitch about Colin Kaepernick, but have never once heard the bitching parties mention, let alone acknowledge police brutality.

Just the other day, Dabo Sweeney, the Clemson University football coach suggested that since we have a Black president and Black quarterbacks playing for southern major colleges, then Black people should either stop complaining about police brutality or leave the country. No way that I would let him coach my kid. Welcome to Donald Trump's America, where part of making America great again means reestablishing the social order that existed when we were allegedly great before.

God help us.
    Dabo [[that should tell you enough right there.) Sweeney is an .............unmentionable.

The kid was with 2 other guys that had just robbed a man of $10. My question is what was he doing out like that on a school night and where the Hell was his father?

We presumably live in a country that uses due process to determine whether someone is guilty. Even if he was guilty, the punishment for the crime is not death. The cop who shot him had previously discharged his weapon three times in service. You're hard pressed to find five percent of cops who fire their guns twice in the course of an entire career. And he has positive performance evaluations on file in spite of 50 complaints from citizens about everything from abusive language to unnecessary use of force.

And the beat goes on.

Let me see if i got this,we as black men are being targeted by the cops but our dumb asses keep pulling guns i don't care if they're real[looking]or not that's s-t-u-p-i-d.

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    Let me see if i got this,we as black men are being targeted by the cops but our dumb asses keep pulling guns i don't care if they're real[looking]or not that's s-t-u-p-i-d.
    So I suppose you heard about the shooting in Charlotte, NC?

Watch the news. See what happened in Tulsa and tell me that you want to stand by this post. No gun. Hands in the air. Terrence Crutcher was killed because his van broke down. Look up what happened to Eric Garner. No gun. Killed for selling loose cigarettes. Learn who Akai Gurley was. No gun. Murdered for walking down the steps. Philando Castille was killed because of his "wide set nose", which was suspicious. He had a gun, though, as PERMITTED BY LAW. The list is endless.

I love you, brother, but this is the most ignorant post that I have seen from anybody on this site this year. You seem to think everyone who is killed by a cop deserves it. And if you think all the ones who have guns are really drawing on the cops first, ask yourself why the cops are always the ones getting their shots fired. What's sad is if it could happen to Garner, Gurley, Castille, or Crutcher, then it could happen to you or your kid. I guess if it did, you would at least understand. And I find that to be S-T-U-P-I-D.

What i'm saying jerry is that if there's a bull[the cops]santioned by the state to keep order but running wild and killing innocent people as well as guilty,then don't wave red flags in front of them knowing that they just want any excuse to kill,that my brother is-stupid.

What i'm saying jerry is that if there's a bull[the cops]santioned by the state to keep order but running wild and killing innocent people as well as guilty,then don't wave red flags in front of them knowing that they just want any excuse to kill,that my brother is-stupid.
    That is what the 13 year old kid in Columbus did and because of it he is dead.

These youngsters need to understand just how dangerous this is because some of em think that these killer cops won't pop em...they're deadly wrong.

And the plot thickens. Tyre King was running away when he got popped by the police. But, he deserved it, I guess.
    Autopsy: Tyre King Was ‘More Likely Than Not’ Running Away When Police Gunned Him DownTyre is described as a “small-framed adolescent boy, standing 5’0” and weighing less than 100 lbs.,” who suffered gunshot wounds to his left temple, one to his left collarbone and one to his left flank.
    BY: KIRSTEN WEST SAVALI
    Posted: September 20, 2016
    Tyre King, the 13-year-old boy who was fatally shot by Columbus, Ohio, police last week, was “more likely than not” running away at the time he was killed.

According to an autopsy performed by Dr. Francisco Diaz, an independent medical examiner retained by Tyre’s family, “Based on the location and the direction of the wound paths, it is more likely than not that Tyre King was in the process of running away from the shooter or shooters when he suffered all three gunshot wounds.”

Diaz described Tyre as a “small-framed adolescent boy, standing 5’0” and weighing less than 100 lbs.,” who suffered gunshot wounds to his left temple, one to his left collarbone and one to his left flank.

The results from the local coroner’s office won’t be available for at least six weeks.
    As previously reported by The Root, Tyre was shot and killed by Police Officer Bryan Mason on Sept. 14.

Mason, a nine-year veteran on the force, was responding to reports of an armed robbery—in the amount of $10—and a group of teenagers were the alleged suspects. Mason claimed that as he approached, Tyre pulled a BB gun from his waistband that looked like a real firearm, so he opened fire.

Attorneys for Tyre’s family released the following statement:
    Dr. Diaz determined that Tyre King suffered three gunshot wounds with entrance paths on the left side of his body, any of which could be determined to have been the cause of death. Tyre suffered a gunshot wound of entrance on the left temple that passed left to right and slightly downward and exited through the right temple. The entrance wound was above the left ear and the exit wound was in front of the right ear. Tyre also suffered a gunshot wound to the left collarbone area. Lastly, he suffered a gunshot wound to the left flank. There is an exit wound on the right flank.

Dr. Diaz notes: “Based on the location and the direction of the wound paths it is more likely than not that Tyre King was in the process of running away from the shooter or shooters when he suffered all three gunshot wounds.” Dr. Diaz describes Tyre as a “small-framed adolescent boy, standing 5’0” and weighing less than 100 lbs.”

Based on this new information and as more facts emerge, the family asks for the public to continue to withhold final judgment until all the facts are known and vetted. The Columbus Police Department, the City of Columbus and most importantly Tyre King and his family deserve the benefit of an investigation from a law enforcement agency that has no direct impact from the outcome of that investigation.

The family continues to request a full, thorough and independent investigation by an outside law enforcement agency and are requesting that the Columbus Police Department and the Franklin County Prosecutor’s Office remove themselves from any involvement in the investigation.

Tyre’s autopsy results were released as news about the police shootings of Terence Crutcher in Tulsa, Okla., and Keith Lamont Scott in Charlotte, N.C., is still developing.
    http://www.theroot.com/articles/news...-king-autopsy/

So here's what you can't do, for fear of waving a red flag in front of the bull:
    1. Have your car break down on the street.
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/21/us/ter...-counterpoint/
    2. Carry a serving spoon that "looks like a gun".
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...icle-1.2336281
    3. Carry a cell phone that "looks like a gun".
    http://photographyisnotacrime.com/20...ng-cell-phone/
    4. Carry a book that "looks like a gun".
    http://www.independent.co.uk/keith-l...-a7321601.html
    5. Point your finger at a cop in the form of a gun.
    http://thefreethoughtproject.com/cop...rmed-man-hand/
    6. Sell loosies.
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ld-death-video
    7. Have a cell phone case that "looks like a gun".
    http://notallowedto.com/black-man-ki...ase-for-a-gun/
    8. Raise your hands in compliance with police instructions.
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/21/us/mia...lved-shooting/
    9. Walk down a stair case while a cop is walking up.
    http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-...419-story.html
    10. Sell bootleg CDs outside your friend's store [[with his permission).
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/06/us/bat...lton-sterling/
    11. Ride as a passenger in a friend's car with a wide-set nose.
    http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...ilando-castile

So, it appears that a lot of people get killed who aren't doing anything that should even get them arrested. If I don't have to do anything, then what the hell can I do? Is there a book on how not to wave a red flag in front of a timid cop?

Wake up, Jai. I'm not talking about criminals who actually are threats to the welfare and safety of cops. They deserve what they get. I'm talking about people who have no potential to harm the cops but are shot due to the "warrior police" mindset that is festering in police departments everywhere. http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB100014...08040780519904

All I'm asking for is a fair and open hearing on the facts instead of a rubber stamp investigation that nearly ALWAYS exonerates the cops of wrong doing. If you have a son, grandson, brother, father, friend of color, then you should be as pissed as I am. Don't think that you can't be next in line.

This is not about Black on Black crime. Black criminals are arrested and sent to prison all the time. This is about Blue on Black crime, where cops are barely disciplined, let alone charged for killing people like us without cause.
    Last edited by Jerry Oz; 09-22-2016 at 03:35 PM.

The man in this video just shot and killed six people in Kalamazoo. Look at how he's apprehended:

The man in this video was selling bootleg CDs. Watch how he's apprehended [[and ask yourself why they tried to apprehend him for that):

This brother was selling loose cigarettes. He should have been told to move on or, at worst, given a solicitation ticket for loitering. Watch what happens:

This dude's car broke down. Instead of helping him, watch what the bulls do when he raises his hands:

Hmmm... They politely arrested the first guy, but killed the next three, even though the first guy was wanted for murdering six people, including a little girl. I wonder why he was given his day in court? I guess he had no red flag to wave, especially when this particular breed of bull sees red when it sees Black.

This is less about bull than it is about bullshit.

And the plot thickens. Tyre King was running away when he got popped by the police. But, he deserved it, I guess.
    No one deserves to die like that and for those reasons, however he was involved in the commission of a crime. When I was 13, that would have meant a number of days in CSI[[Child Study Institute). Today and unfortunately for Tyre King, it means death under the right conditions.

I wished his parents had done a better job with him. The kid could have been spared this.

Hmmm... They politely arrested the first guy, but killed the next three, even though the first guy was wanted for murdering six people, including a little girl. I wonder why he was given his day in court? I guess he had no red flag to wave, especially when this particular breed of bull sees red when it sees Black.

This is less about bull than it is about bullshit.
    You probably also noticed that they only wounded the bomber over in Jersey and sent him to the hospital.

This brother was selling loose cigarettes. He should have been told to move on or, at worst, given a solicitation ticket for loitering. Watch what happens:
    Jerry, I can never watch this one again. It was just too close to home and the situation surrounding it just tore me apart. I avoid the video now. The young man that filmed it is now in prison . He was targeted for filming it.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    No one deserves to die like that and for those reasons, however he was involved in the commission of a crime. When I was 13, that would have meant a number of days in CSI[[Child Study Institute). Today and unfortunately for Tyre King, it means death under the right conditions.

I wished his parents had done a better job with him. The kid could have been spared this.
    All reports are that he didn't behave like this. We don't even know if he was actually identified by the victim, only that he "matched the description" of one of the robbers. Even if he did, he was entitled to a fair trial, not being murdered. Ask yourself, why the cops said that he drew on them and they were forced to shoot when it turns out that he was actually shot in the back.

The only reason to lie is to hide the truth.

Watch what happens. After they sort everything out, they'll find out they shot the wrong kid and it won't be broadcast nationally, because by then the world will have moved on. But by then, you, arr&bee, and the rest of the US will remember this as a kid who deserved what he got when all he did was carry a BB gun and run when he was scared by the cops.

All reports are that he didn't behave like this. We don't even know if he was actually identified by the victim, only that he "matched the description" of one of the robbers. Even if he did, he was entitled to a fair trial, not being murdered. Ask yourself, why the cops said that he drew on them and they were forced to shoot when it turns out that he was actually shot in the back.

The only reason to lie is to hide the truth.

Watch what happens. After they sort everything out, they'll find out they shot the wrong kid and it won't be broadcast nationally, because by then the world will have moved on. But by then, you, arr&bee, and the rest of the US will remember this as a kid who deserved what he got when all he did was carry a BB gun and run when he was scared by the cops.
    Jerry go back and read the first line of my last posting prior to this one.

Yeah, they're really good when they want to be. What does that tell you?

Yeah, they're really good when they want to be. What does that tell you?
    Did you read where I said that "No one deserves to die like that and for those reasons, however he was involved in the commission of a crime...." It was reported that he was with the other 2 that robbed the man. I am not saying he deserved death because of that. He needed his behind beat though. Why exactly he was shot is not clear to me at this point.

Stay with me, here. Have you read any report where the person who was robbed identified the kid or have the reports that you read all stated that he "matched the description" of one of the robbers? Do I have to remind you that two months ago, Philando Castille was murdered because he matched the description of a suspect because of his "wide-set nose"? Do I have to remind you that the current situation in Charlotte is because plain clothes cops approached the wrong man as he waited in his car for his kid's school bus to arrive?

"Matching the description" as often as not, means the suspect is Black and there happens to be a Black man in the area. Watch the video below and tell me that you are 100% sure that Tyre King is the man that the cops were looking for. The only "crime" that we know he was guilty of is running from the police and if he wasn't under arrest, that's not even illegal. Read between the lines. The only thing the cops actually accuse this kid of is legally carrying a BB gun. Nowhere do they say that he was the robber, although they want you to believe that he was.

I cry bullshit on him pulling his gun out on the cops, too. First reason is that even if the cops didn't know he was packing a BB gun, he did. Do you think he'd draw a toy gun into a real gun fight? And second, the cop who shot him had three prior use of firearm interactions when most cops barely fire their guns two times in the course of a 30 year career. Third, why didn't the reports that you read tell you that he was shot in the back? As I said, the only reason to lie is to cover something up.

They care less about getting the right guy as long as they get somebody. In truth, the kid [[guilty or not) should not have run from the cops. But when his friends took off, I imagine that he did too. I probably would have when I was 13 years old. You accuse him of being a crook without knowing all of the facts or even paying attention when the cops don't even say that he was the robber. You're invited to my next party, partner, but I don't want you on my jury.

Stay with me, here. Have you read any report where the person who was robbed identified the kid or have the reports that you read all stated that he "matched the description" of one of the robbers? Do I have to remind you that two months ago, Philando Castille was murdered because he matched the description of a suspect because of his "wide-set nose"? Do I have to remind you that the current situation in Charlotte is because plain clothes cops approached the wrong man as he waited in his car for his kid's school bus to arrive?

"Matching the description" as often as not, means the suspect is Black and there happens to be a Black man in the area. Watch the video below and tell me that you are 100% sure that Tyre King is the man that the cops were looking for. The only "crime" that we know he was guilty of is running from the police and if he wasn't under arrest, that's not even illegal. Read between the lines. The only thing the cops actually accuse this kid of is legally carrying a BB gun. Nowhere do they say that he was the robber, although they want you to believe that he was.

I cry bullshit on him pulling his gun out on the cops, too. First reason is that even if the cops didn't know he was packing a BB gun, he did. Do you think he'd draw a toy gun into a real gun fight? And second, the cop who shot him had three prior use of firearm interactions when most cops barely fire their guns two times in the course of a 30 year career. Third, why didn't the reports that you read tell you that he was shot in the back? As I said, the only reason to lie is to cover something up.

They care less about getting the right guy as long as they get somebody. In truth, the kid [[guilty or not) should not have run from the cops. But when his friends took off, I imagine that he did too. I probably would have when I was 13 years old. You accuse him of being a crook without knowing all of the facts or even paying attention when the cops don't even say that he was the robber. You're invited to my next party, partner, but I don't want you on my jury.
    Jerry, if I said that the kid was involved in the robbery it is only because that was what was reported. I did not know he was shot in the back. If that is a fact, the case closed. They murdered a kid that did not pose an imminent threat.

Good Lord. In spite of pride, equality, or any other thing that might come into play, Black people need to see cops as a deadly fact of life and every measure needs to be taken to survive an encounter. Don't run from them. Don't mouth off to them. Don't ask them questions. Don't assume they will not kill you over nothing, because some of them will. Call them "sir", I always do, anyway. Do not get pissed off and if they are pissed off, deescalate the situation at all cost.

There is no battle with them that can ultimately be won. Please, y'all. Survive the encounter, whether what's going on is right or wrong. Fight when the odds are even. America doesn't care and after 240 years, it never will. Welcome to the new reality, which is the same as the old. They aren't final because they are right, they are right because they are final. Don't give them the opportunity to kill you. Please.

Good Lord. In spite of pride, equality, or any other thing that might come into play, Black people need to see cops as a deadly fact of life and every measure needs to be taken to survive an encounter. Don't run from them. Don't mouth off to them. Don't ask them questions. Don't assume they will not kill you over nothing, because some of them will. Call them "sir", I always do, anyway. Do not get pissed off and if they are pissed off, deescalate the situation at all cost.

There is no battle with them that can ultimately be won. Please, y'all. Survive the encounter, whether what's going on is right or wrong. Fight when the odds are even. America doesn't care and after 240 years, it never will. Welcome to the new reality, which is the same as the old. They aren't final because they are right, they are right because they are final. Don't give them the opportunity to kill you. Please.
    A tough way to live, but if that is what it takes to survive being a citizen of the United States, we'll do what we have to.

Jerry,i never said that anyone deserved to be shot,i said that they shouldn't be wearing guns when they know that these cops are looking for an excuse to shot.

Jerry,i never said that anyone deserved to be shot,i said that they shouldn't be wearing guns when they know that these cops are looking for an excuse to shot.
    I know. My problem is with the unarmed shootings, though. If you are dumb enough to draw on a cop, you deserve what you get. With that said, Alton Sterling was approached by two cops and they tackled him without placing him under arrest. A fight broke out, he was shot dead, and they said that he had a gun. Why did they tackle him? Is that what they do in that situation?

Philando Castille was pulled over illegally and informed the cop that he was a licensed concealed carrier of a firearm. The cop shot him dead when he was within his rights to ride in a girlfriend's car and carry a gun.

I'm not going to write all of this again; we see things differently. But if a cop tackles someone, it should only be if he is resisting arrest. If they shoot somebody, it should only be because there is a KNOWN threat, not because they can't see what is in somebody's hand. And a 13-year old boy should not be shot in the back.

But, whatever. God bless America.

I know. My problem is with the unarmed shootings, though. If you are dumb enough to draw on a cop, you deserve what you get. With that said, Alton Sterling was approached by two cops and they tackled him without placing him under arrest. A fight broke out, he was shot dead, and they said that he had a gun. Why did they tackle him? Is that what they do in that situation?

Philando Castille was pulled over illegally and informed the cop that he was a licensed concealed carrier of a firearm. The cop shot him dead when he was within his rights to ride in a girlfriend's car and carry a gun.

I'm not going to write all of this again; we see things differently. But if a cop tackles someone, it should only be if he is resisting arrest. If they shoot somebody, it should only be because there is a KNOWN threat, not because they can't see what is in somebody's hand. And a 13-year old boy should not be shot in the back.

But, whatever. God bless America.

Do you remember the case of Amadou Diallo in 1999 when 4 plain clothed undercover officers jumped out of their vehicle and shot him 46 times while he was checking his mail in the vestibule of his apartment building? All he had in his hand was his wallet to show them his ID. Instead they riddled his body with bullets so bad that after he was down, some shots went through the soles of his feet shattering the bones in both of his legs.

Also neither Arr&Bee nor I are disagreeing with you.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Do you remember the case of Amadou Diallo in 1999 when 4 plain clothed undercover officers jumped out of their vehicle and shot him 46 times while he was checking his mail in the vestibule of his apartment building? All he had in his hand was his wallet to show them his ID. Instead they riddled his body with bullets so bad that after he was down, some shots went through the soles of his feet shattering the bones in both of his legs.
    I remember. I also remember the guy who left the strip club the night before his wedding who was misidentified by an informant. NYPD cops shot more than 50 bullets into his car, killing him and his friend and injuring another. I never understood why they shot at a moving car. Some of them charged but all them were acquitted.

And regarding my disagreement with y'all, if we were discussing crime in the Black community and I introduced police brutality into the conversation, it does not further the discussion, it takes away from it. To discuss police brutality and have someone bring up Black on Black crime, similarly minimizes how serious the issue is. They are equally bad but not related.

I remember. I also remember the guy who left the strip club the night before his wedding who was misidentified by an informant. NYPD cops shot more than 50 bullets into his car, killing him and his friend and injuring another. I never understood why they shot at a moving car. Some of them charged but all them were acquitted.

And regarding my disagreement with y'all, if we were discussing crime in the Black community and I introduced police brutality into the conversation, it does not further the discussion, it takes away from it. To discuss police brutality and have someone bring up Black on Black crime, similarly minimizes how serious the issue is. They are equally bad but not related.
    You are referring to Sean Bell who was out with his friends for his bachelors party in Queens. I had just gotten to home my parents home in Ohio for Thanksgiving when that horrific news broke. Police brutality and Black on Black, White on White crime are separate issues.

The fact that his killers were not convicted [[and probably got their jobs back) and the killer of Akai Gurley was found guilty but sentenced to six months of house arrest and five years of probation, prove that the system is stacked. It encourages them to be overly aggressive, knowing that they will face minimal consequences for the spilling of blood.

As one person tweeted the other day, they could fix this if they wanted to. Look at how quickly they reacted to heroin once it made its way into the suburbs and affluent children started getting strung out. They still criminalize crack and meth users but are treating opioid abuse as a medical issue. If this was them getting killed [[news flash: a lot of poor White people suffer the same fate at the hands of cops, just not in the same numbers) then they would correct it in a heartbeat.

The fact that his killers were not convicted [[and probably got their jobs back) and the killer of Akai Gurley was found guilty but sentenced to six months of house arrest and five years of probation, prove that the system is stacked. It encourages them to be overly aggressive, knowing that they will face minimal consequences for the spilling of blood.

As one person tweeted the other day, they could fix this if they wanted to. Look at how quickly they reacted to heroin once it made its way into the suburbs and affluent children started getting strung out. They still criminalize crack and meth users but are treating opioid abuse as a medical issue. If this was them getting killed [[news flash: a lot of poor White people suffer the same fate at the hands of cops, just not in the same numbers) then they would correct it in a heartbeat.
    The cop, Daniel Panteleo that strangled Eric Garner has been given raises and plenty of overtime since the killing:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-demotion.html

One of the cops, Kenneth Boss, that killed Amadou Diallo has been promoted:

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.2467811

I wonder what happened to the cop who tackled James Blake after mistaking him for a fraud suspect? Is it now standard operating procedure to tackle people before arresting them? They apologized for it since it was on tape but they never explained why it was okay to violently take down someone before he knows what's going on. He wasn't resisting arrest because he didn't know that they were arresting him.

I wonder what happened to the cop who tackled James Blake after mistaking him for a fraud suspect? Is it now standard operating procedure to tackle people before arresting them? They apologized for it since it was on tape but they never explained why it was okay to violently take down someone before he knows what's going on. He wasn't resisting arrest because he didn't know that they were arresting him.
    Was he the guy they tackled on the NYC subway platform and then shot him in his back and killed him?

No, he's the former tennis star who was checking his cell while waiting for a ride. Some cop mistook him for a suspect in a fraud case and tackled him without even speaking to him. I'd think that such aggressive behavior would be reserved for people who resist arrest. Even if it was an honest mistake, the cop should have tried to arrest him without force. It turned out that the cop had a very long list of complaints raised against him but never received effective corrective action.

No, he's the former tennis star who was checking his cell while waiting for a ride. Some cop mistook him for a suspect in a fraud case and tackled him without even speaking to him. I'd think that such aggressive behavior would be reserved for people who resist arrest. Even if it was an honest mistake, the cop should have tried to arrest him without force. It turned out that the cop had a very long list of complaints raised against him but never received effective corrective action.
    Oh yeah I remember now. That happened in Mid-Town and he was standing in front of his hotel.

Killer Cops Get Rich More Than They Get Punished

Well, the cops who killed Freddie Gray were treated like heroes at a right wing gala recently. They have them a standing ovation.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...g-ovation.html

Well, the cops who killed Freddie Gray were treated like heroes at a right wing gala recently. They have them a standing ovation.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...g-ovation.html
    Incredible......incredibly warped that is. You mean we have people in this country today that celebrate those that took the life of a young man? Why are they heroes? Is it because they got away with it or that plus the fact that Freddie Gray was black?