[REMOVE ADS]

Diana Ross Set to Headline Chicago Urban League Golden Fellowship Dinner

This sounds outstanding.................Good for you Ms. Ross and thank you.
    I am going to needed a ticket [[you know who I am talking to.....let me know how much).

gba Guest
    I love how she does these "under the radar" to help the group she's helping - it's not all about "her" but the organization she's helping. love that

Quote Originally Posted by gba View Post
    I love how she does these "under the radar" to help the group she's helping - it's not all about "her" but the organization she's helping. love that
    When you get to know her she really is nothing like the public perception of her. I know certain people on here will be quick to post a snide remark, but of all the celebrities I worked with she is amongst the most likeable and trustworthy I have ever known. I am proud of my association with her.

Rick James also said she was one of the finest people he'd ever met.

gba Guest
    Glad to hear - she's one classy lady

I saw Diana Ross do a charity concert in Northwest Indiana about two years ago. It was her standard 75 minute set with full band, and she played to the audience like she was at the Hollywood Bowl. I actually enjoyed it more than when I first saw her in 2004 at the Chicago Theatre. At one point the house lights came up for no reason during "Stop! In the Name of Love." She made a sweeping gesture with her hand to acknowledge the lights, rolled her eyes, laughed, but kept going with the song. True showmanship.

gba Guest
    Love these personal memories - when she was here a few years ago the band went a little too long with Baby Love - she let them know through non verbal expressions it was time to hurry up. They caught on and obeyed - love her

In Vancouver she came back in her street clothes and talked, said she'd had a blessed life, got flowers and signed the Why Do Fools Fall in Love LP and said she wished she still looked like that.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    In Vancouver she came back in her street clothes and talked, said she'd had a blessed life, got flowers and signed the Why Do Fools Fall in Love LP and said she wished she still looked like that.
    She did a great deal of unheralded charity work in the UK in the 1990's. She worked for a cancer charity and a childrens charity to name but two. I was with her on both of these occasions and she really did work hard and never once complained. She was a trouper for sure.