[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Boyz II Men

Boyz II Men

I have recently been discovering the music of Boyz II Men. Somehow I missed most of their music when it was new. I was familiar with "End of The Road" and "I'll Make Love To You" and some of the hits, but I never really got into their deep album cuts and such... I am impressed as I am l am now listening to their CD's one by one. So far, I love their "Twenty" double CD set, as well as "II" and their last release from 2014, "Collide." Their covers CD's are also super-good, "Love," "Journey Through Motown," and "Throwback." Their "The Remedy" CD is probably their worst, in my opinion. It was originally only released in Japan, and there may be a reason for that. I am no prude, but the lyric and subject content is just too sexual and too suggestive. It is a little over the top.

I will be seeing Boyz II Men later this month... first time I will see them in concert. Looking forward to it.

Any other Boyz II Men fans out there? Thoughts on their albums? Best tracks and vocals????

I am a fan too. Great vocals and a handful of quality albums too. I think i shall follow your lead and revisit their back catalogue.

Here are some of my favorites by Boyz II Men

Favorite Albums:
    CooleyHighHarmony
    II
    Motown:A Journey Through Hitsville, USA

Favorite Song: A Song For Mama

Other Favorite Hits:
    Water Runs Dry
    Doin' Just Fine
    It's So Hard To Say Goodbye to Yesterday
    End Of The Road
    Sympin'
    Thank You

Favorite Album Tracks:
    Girl In The Life Magazine
    Thank You In Advance
    Please Don't Go
    Little Things
    Your Love
    More Than You'll Ever Know [[featuring Charlie Wilson)
    Yesterday
    50 Candles

Favorite Vocalist: Shawn Stockman
    Last edited by Luciano; 09-11-2016 at 08:23 PM. Reason: wrong song title

I like Boyz II Men. I remember Michael Bivens introducing them on "Video Soul" back in the day and thinking that they were just another New Jack outfit since "MotownPhilly" is a great example of the sound. Then, "II" broke and they were working with Flyte Time and LaFace. Great production led to a great record and they were off after that, not only a better group than their mentor's Bell Biv DeVoe, but better even than his prior group, New Edition. It's great to know that I'm not their only fan around here.

Yes, they are a great vocal group. They were really needed at that time after the Milli Vanilli and Paula Abdul lip syncing issues.

The only issue I had with them is I went to see them live and was surprised they didn't have a band with them as they were the headliners. Hopefully next time they will.