[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Carolyn Willis

Carolyn Willis

I certainly have a crush for Carolyn Willis from back in the day. From Phil Spector to Honey Cone to Seals & Croft. Then she disappeared. I can't find any recent info or photos of her. If anyone has any info or recent photos of her, I would love to read and see them. Thanks.

I met Carolyn many years ago , late 80's or early 90's, when she was working with Doris Jacksons' Shirelles. They were playin at The Rock N Roll Palace near Disney World. She was very appreciative of Honey Cone fans & was pleasantly surprised that we knew her musical history.

Very nice to hear motony.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Thanks! Appreciate it.

I'm not sure I believe the accuracy of the Allmusic credits...Did Carolyn and Edna ever actually
    play harp professionally as the site mentioned. I thought it might have been a case of
    mistaken person as happens quite often on All Music. Two people with same name showing
    up on each other's listed discographies but I've never heard of another Carolyn Willis in
    music....

Here Carolyn is doing her thing with Seals & Croft in 1976...."Get Closer" great song!

Wow this is great. Thanks

Yes, I had forgotten about her doing that with Seals & Croft. She sang the hell outta that
    song. No wonder she got so much session work post Honey Cone....

Here Carolyn is with her first girl group, "The Girlfriends" and their hit from 1964 "Jimmy Boy"

I love "Jimmy Boy"....great reminder

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Here Carolyn is doing her thing with Seals & Croft in 1976...."Get Closer" great song!

Absolutely love Get Closer, Marv

Quote Originally Posted by soulwally View Post
    Absolutely love Get Closer, Marv
    It always takes me back to my favorite summer of 1976!

Edna and Shelly [[wife of Verdine White) reunited for soul train cruise in 2014 but no Carolyn

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Edna and Shelly [[wife of Verdine White) reunited for soul train cruise in 2014 but no Carolyn
    Interesting. I didn't know that. I think I saw the re-grouped Honey Cone on some show with Edna's daughter or someone filling. Thanks Luke.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Here Carolyn is with her first girl group, "The Girlfriends" and their hit from 1964 "Jimmy Boy"

One of the other group members was Gloria Jones, who also performed alongside her as part of Doris Kenner Jackson's Shirelles lineup. And when Carolyn wasn't available, Fatima James filled in.