[REMOVE ADS]

Mary in the middle

Was Mary almost always singing between Flo and Diana because of her alto? I remember Flo in middle on a few occasions including I believe concerts when they travelled to Asia. I wonder why. Never remember seeing Cindy in middle. And Mary shorter than Flo I assume.

I think group members tend to have their spots and they like to keep it that way.

Vandella Rois is always far left. Velvelette positions are always Bertha Norma and Milly nearest to Cal. Four Tops Obie is far left Duke in middle and Lawrence far right

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Was Mary almost always singing between Flo and Diana because of her alto? I remember Flo in middle on a few occasions including I believe concerts when they travelled to Asia. I wonder why. Never remember seeing Cindy in middle. And Mary shorter than Flo I assume.
    Mary's voice was the one that blended the other two together. She was usually in middle during the Jean Terrell Years on through to Mary, Scherrie and Susaye.

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    I think group members tend to have their spots and they like to keep it that way.

Vandella Rois is always far left. Velvelette positions are always Bertha Norma and Milly nearest to Cal. Four Tops Obie is far left Duke in middle and Lawrence far right
    Good subject. In the Tempts whoever is singing lead tends to be far right [[looking at the stage). Melvin was almost always far left, with Otis invariably next to him.
    In the Dramatics, the late Ron Banks always took far left, Willie Ford on the right and LJ Reynolds centre.

Quote Originally Posted by soulwally View Post
    Good subject. In the Tempts whoever is singing lead tends to be far right [[looking at the stage). Melvin was almost always far left, with Otis invariably next to him.
    In the Dramatics, the late Ron Banks always took far left, Willie Ford on the right and LJ Reynolds centre.
    Soulwally,that's how I remember the Temptations line up on stage. I need to go back and look at the Dramatics.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Soulwally,that's how I remember the Temptations line up on stage. I need to go back and look at the Dramatics.
    The Pips L to R [[facing): William, Ed and Bubba

The only time I ever saw Florence in the center was in '66 when I saw them in concert, and only for one number: "People," in which she sang lead on the first couple of verses. The rest of the time she was in her usual position on the end. I suspect a lot of this might have had to do with the fact that she was taller and fairer than the other two, and placing her in the middle might have focused more audience attention on her than Berry and Diane wanted.

See above link for Flo in the middle

Early in the Supremes in the Orient video, there is a concert where you can see Flo having trouble raising her mike stand. You can even see her asking their conductor Gil Askey to help her. When they couldn't raise it, she and Mary switched positions. Otherwise, most indications are that she was only in the middle when performing PEOPLE.

There was also that performance with all those other people where they moved from corner to corner and flo was in the middle for the brief "Let there be love" during a "love makes the world go round" medley.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zFS96o1unt4 I forgot this one with Cindy in middle. I assume Diana on left though I wonder why we don't see her!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zFS96o1unt4 I forgot this one with Cindy in middle. I assume Diana on left though I wonder why we don't see her!
    Mary was so gorgeous in that clip. I remember watching that particular show as a kid and thinking the same thing.

You must need a wider monitor I see Diana and Cindy.

Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    Doesn't matter. Mary is the only one I am looking at...........................

Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    So do i!!So do i!!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    doesn't matter. Mary is the only one i am looking at...........................
    haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...marv,you're a hoot!!!

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...marv,you're a hoot!!!

I'm just sayin' , hehehehehehehehehehehehehehe!