[REMOVE ADS]

Diana Ross Fundraiser in Denver Raises Record $1 Million

Well I had to read the whole thread to find out exactly what this charity called the Dumb Friend League was. It is a good charity with an odd name. At the end of the article it said:

In 2015, DFL chief Rohde noted, “19,212 animals walked out our front door” into their forever homes. In addition, the DFL was able to place 108 horses that had been surrendered to the Harmony Equine Center; 17,000 cats and dogs underwent spay and neuter procedures and 1,700 animal cruelty cases were investigated.

They should change the name. I have a couple of pets living in my home, and some deer and turkeys that visit my back yard regularly . The deer now even brings her two babies. Animals are far from dumb.

Article does not say if Diana donated her talent or if she was paid. What it the normal procedure when stars perform at charity events?

Hope Diana also donated to this charity by performing free.

"Dumb" as maybe in 'can't speak' [[for themselves). I agree, not the best choice in names.

Doubt that term would be used in Canada or Western Europe in this context - but then again you guys in the USA have trump and we wouldn't put up with him either

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Doubt that term would be used in Canada or Western Europe in this context - but then again you guys in the USA have trump and we wouldn't put up with him either
    Heaven forfend and bite your tongue. Let's not speak that nightmare to power!

Teeth are clenched on my tongue til November 8.

Good Cause
    Way to go Diana !!!