[REMOVE ADS]

Alton McClain & Destiny

One of my favorites from that era.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHe7ErAbLOI
    CD available at Dusty Groove now and amazon for pre-order [[amazon cheaper).

About Product Images

This image is a general representation of the item and the actual product may differ slightly in terms of color shading, logo placement, borders, or other small details. Used items may have various cosmetic differences as well

It Must Be Love/More Of You

CD [[Item 808137) Polydor/Expansion [[UK), 1978/1979 — Condition: New Copy

A pair of overlooked female soul gems – back to back on a single CD! The first album is It Must Be Love – sweet late 70s modern soul from Alton McClain & Destiny – a great little female vocal trio with a sound that ranges from lightly funky with jazzy flourishes, to soaringly soulful! The group kind of follow in a tradition started by Honeycone and First Choice, and improved upon by The Emotions – and like that latter group, the girls move from the easier disco tracks that you'd normally expect, into a range of soulful styles that all come off equally well with their vocal technique. Webster Lewis handled some of the nice string arrangements – and players include Wah Wah Watson on guitar and Lee Ritenour on keys. titles include "Crazy Love", "Sweet Temptation", "Taking My Love For Granted", "My Empty Room", "Push & Pull", and "The Power Of Love". More Of You is one of the best records by this great little modern soul trio who should have gone onto bigger and better things. The session's got a strong mellow groove, typical of some of the non-hit soul coming out of labels like Polydor and Capitol at the end of the 70s – and tracks include "Stares & Whispers", "Love Waves", "More Of You", "99 1/2", "You Bring Me To My Morning Light", and "Thank Heaven For You".
    Last edited by lakeside; 08-25-2016 at 09:48 AM.

Thank you. Who is putting this out?

Thanks for the heads up, lakeside. Alton McClain & Destiny's "Crazy Love" is one of my favorite dance tracks from the late '70s.

PS: I just pre-ordered my CD copy. Thanks again!
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 08-27-2016 at 12:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Philles/Motown Gary View Post
    Thanks for the heads up, lakeside. Alton McClain & Destiny's "Crazy Love" is one of my favorite dance tracks from the late '70s.

PS: I just pre-ordered my CD copy. Thanks again!
    I pre-ordered mine, too, Gary. "Crazy Love" is also one of my fav's. I have the first CD "It Must Be Love" and it's a gem as I also have their "Gonna Tell The World" CD.

I've been hoping the "More of You" CD would eventually be released and here it is! Merry Christmas!
    Last edited by lakeside; 08-27-2016 at 09:05 AM.