[REMOVE ADS]

Wow great list! Thanks Luke!

This is a very interesting and well constructed web site. Supremes fans, check this out which I found on the link Luke provided.

http://www.waybackattack.com/supremes.html

For all you Temptations fans:

http://www.waybackattack.com/temptations.html

....and of course, the Four Tops!:

http://www.waybackattack.com/fourtops.html

Your welcome Marv. You too. Can't believe I missed those other lists!!

Nice piece on the temps.

Great site ! Thanks Luke !

My pleasure Phil.

Thanks for posting the 'Motown Top 100 List'. Excellent survey of Motown at it's peak.

Your welcome Eddie

Thanks for the link. Michael Jack Kirby wrote a great piece on Mary Wells, with one major blunder, Mary Womack is Mary Wells. Cecil & Mary wrote & produced her Jubilee recordings.

This listing can't be based on the Billboard charts. The most successful chart single by The Supremes [[all genres) was Love Child. Love Child had a 16 week chart run while Baby Love had 13 wks, WDOLG 14. All but one week of Love Child was in the Top 30. This is how I remember it but my research is all in boxes since the flood.

Baby Love likely would have been the biggest chart single for the Supremes and Motown had Come See About Me not been released and cut into the sales of Baby Love. That and Stop! are the two songs most closely identified with the group

Nice find Luke!

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    Nice find Luke!
    Yes Luke really came up with a winner here. I am enjoying the site.

Quote Originally Posted by BayouMotownMan View Post
    This listing can't be based on the Billboard charts. The most successful chart single by The Supremes [[all genres) was Love Child. Love Child had a 16 week chart run while Baby Love had 13 wks, WDOLG 14. All but one week of Love Child was in the Top 30. This is how I remember it but my research is all in boxes since the flood.
    I was wondering about this myself.

There are no actual sales figures available so it has to be on some sort of chart performance and I thought perhaps highest position reached, then number of weeks at that position and then total number of weeks on chart but that doesn't work out.

Certainly on Billboard Baby Love would be the #1 Supremes' track as it was top for 4 weeks but then were several had 2 weeks at #1 and of these Love Child had the longest chart run which would put it ahead of WDOLG.

It's not based on Cash Box either as Love Child would be their top hit having the most weeks at #1 on that chart.

The ony other possibiity that I can think of is if an inverted points system was used giving a record points each week it was on the chart [[e.g 100pts for #1, 99 for #2, 98 for #3 etc) and then listing them in the order of biggest number of points.