Some of you may or may not know that Louisiana was drowned by massive flooding 10 days ago. A home I had lived in for 56 yrs where I began collecting Motown in 1964, which has never even had water in the yard went three feet underwater. I was able to save, it appears my Motown CDs. I had copied much of my rare vinyl to CD but the few hundred that were left perished. I do not know yet the condition of my Motown DVDs as I am drying them. I was evacuated by boat with two changes of clothes, a laptop and three dogs.

I will rebuild and FEMA has acted fairly quickly to that effect though it will take months. I am staying with family outside BR and am grateful. To add to my comfort was a call from the wonderful Andy Skurow...actually the first one to reach me, then Randy Taraborrelli. Lynda Lawrence sent me a sweet and inspiring email as did the spiritual Scherrie Payne. Ms Payne has a heart of pure gold. I also heard from Lois Reeves.

I may try to jumpstart a fundraiser once I am back in my home. But I have a lot of work ahead of me friends. Please keep me in your prayers