[REMOVE ADS]

Supremes A Go Go -- 50 years old

Tomorrow [[August 25) marks the 50th anniversary of The Supremes A Go Go. I wonder how many media outlets will pay some attention to this important date -- the first album by an all-female group to go number one on the US album charts. Let's make some noise on social media tomorrow and maybe we can convince Universal to FINALLY release the expanded edition. I know you can't hurry love, but we've been waiting, anticipating to hear those soft voices!

.....Sigh.....

RossHolloway Guest
    How about everyone who reads this thread write an email to the powers that be at Universal Motown asking for the Expanded Edition for A GoGo.

Quote Originally Posted by RossHolloway View Post
    How about everyone who reads this thread write an email to the powers that be at Universal Motown asking for the Expanded Edition for A GoGo.
    Perhaps one of the knowledgeable experts who are on this forum could post an email address that would actually get to the right office or person, i.e., a Universal Motown
    decision-maker.

Quote Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
    Perhaps one of the knowledgeable experts who are on this forum could post an email address that would actually get to the right office or person, i.e., a Universal Motown
    decision-maker.
    I've used the email address on this page http://us.udiscovermusic.com to no avail. Anybody who can find an email address for Universal has better excavating skills than I. These giant mega-corporations simply don't care. We're lucky Andy and George occasionally pop in here. They understand good fan communication!

The album was #1 in Billboard the week of October 22nd 1966 so maybe we will see something within the next two months, hopefully.

It is totally Motown/Capitol/Universal's responsibility to value their intellectual properties. They sadly don't seem to value those "firsts". "Where Did Our Love Go: 40th Anniversary" soldout [[10,000) in record time. That release included unreleased tracks and one of their earliest live performances.
    that would be a clue to duplicate that Marketing on other releases.
    "T.C.B." not only won the Neilsen ratings the night and week it ran, but, it was the #1 Variety Special of 1968. It was the first all black special of it's kind. Even if VH1 doesn't see any value in re-airing the special on its anniversary, why doesn't TVONE, BET, Circuit or Aspire...or PBS with a simultaneous re-release of the soundtrack [[with "G.I.T." or "join The Temptations" as a bonus disc.

In high school a bought the double cd of "Supremes A Go Go" and "Love Child", my first exposure to full length Supremes albums. They still remain two of my favorites. I loved hearing Mary sing lead on "Come And Get These Memories", as well as all of the cover tracks. I'd definitely purchase an expanded edition, rather than downloading a digital edition, or just select tracks. Also some of the best cover art in The Supremes' discography, IMO.

According to Andy's Facebook page acknowledging the 50th Anniversary of A Go Go, he states that the expanded edition will be released before the end of the year. He does NOT say in what format, though. Maybe a nice Christmas present for ourselves....

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by thommg View Post
    According to Andy's Facebook page acknowledging the 50th Anniversary of A Go Go, he states that the expanded edition will be released before the end of the year. He does NOT say in what format, though. Maybe a nice Christmas present for ourselves....
    Great news

Quote Originally Posted by Bokiluis View Post
    It is totally Motown/Capitol/Universal's responsibility to value their intellectual properties. They sadly don't seem to value those "firsts". "Where Did Our Love Go: 40th Anniversary" soldout [[10,000) in record time. That release included unreleased tracks and one of their earliest live performances.
    that would be a clue to duplicate that Marketing on other releases.
    "T.C.B." not only won the Neilsen ratings the night and week it ran, but, it was the #1 Variety Special of 1968. It was the first all black special of it's kind. Even if VH1 doesn't see any value in re-airing the special on its anniversary, why doesn't TVONE, BET, Circuit or Aspire...or PBS with a simultaneous re-release of the soundtrack [[with "G.I.T." or "join The Temptations" as a bonus disc.
    I've often wondered why channels such as BET or TV ONE don't run classic black tv specials. ASPIRE might be a good candidate as well, as I see they have recently been airing reruns of JULIA, ROOM 222, and MOD SQUAD.

GET TV has also been airing classic tv specials, including the Dionne Warwick special from 1969. The only drawback is that commercial breaks were shorter then, so the shows would have to be edited according to current standards. Still, it is a great idea.

Diana Ross & The Supremes: Expanded Editions
    1 hr ·
    Happy 50th Anniversary to the Supremes first #1 album, and the first #1 album by a girl group in the rock era: THE SUPREMES A' GO-GO!

And for all you fans out there who have been patiently waiting, the Expanded Edition will be out before the end of this year!

The dolls in this picture [[who look like our dolls on the album cover), were created especially for the 50th Anniversary by our friend Timothy D. Bellavia as part of his series, We Are All The Same Inside. Thank you Timothy!

Stop! in the name of love!
    Just about the best news I can recall.
    THANK YOU ANDY!!! THANK YOU GEORGE!!!
    You ROCK [[and roll).

Actually Andy Skurow is quite good at keeping in touch with the fans and having a pulse on the things we request. But, as we all know, his attempts are limited due to corporate policies. I doubt the kids at the upper levels even know the value of the catalogue. You can make a post to Andy on here of contact him on Facebook for your suggestions.