[REMOVE ADS]

DR&TS - Never-Before-Released Masters

Question on Subject. I have the original released CD 5010-99075-2 released in 1987. It has 27 songs on it.

Was there a corresponding vinyl release on this album? I don't think so but want to confirm that there was not.

Thank you.

To the best of my knowledge , there was not.

No listing for it on Discogs and I've never seen it even in a foreign pressing. I thought this was the first CD only release back in 1987.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenpwood View Post
    No listing for it on Discogs and I've never seen it even in a foreign pressing. I thought this was the first CD only release back in 1987.
    That depends on how you define CD-only. The Compact Command Performances series [[first one released in 1983) was CD-only too, but of course all the songs had been released on vinyl before. The Never-Before-Released masters was released at the same time with Motown Around The World. Back in 1987, you couldn't order them in the stores, so I wrote to Motown in LA and they sent them to me ;-) -- I did pay with an international money order. Those pre-internet days!

You could get it in stores: I bought mine in Amsterdam. I forgot which store but it was a european pressing.
    Later I found a cut-out USA version also.

This was the first CD I ever bought. Got it in my local w h Smith. I had to get a friend to transfer it to a tape for me as I had nothing to play it on! I remember thinking at the time ' this is it..the CD age has begun' because It wasn't available as vinyl.

I bought it at a college bookstore when it was first released. Lucky thing I did, as I never saw it again, except on eBay.

At time of release, it was CD only. Nothing on the CD was ever released on vinyl, so the only way to get the music was to get the CD. It was the first CD that I bought, and of course, I had to get a CD player