[REMOVE ADS]

Diana singles Live

was wondering if anyone has or has heard live version of the following. i'm making a playlist of her singles LIVE and missing a handful

Surrender
    You're a Special Part of Me
    My Mistake
    Sleepin'
    Sorry Doesn't Always Make It Right
    Don't Knock my Love
    I thought It Took A Little Time
    Getting Ready For Love
    You're Love is so Good For Me
    You Got It
    Lovin' Livin' Givin'
    What You Gave Me
    Work That Body
    All of You
    Telephone
    Touch By Touch
    Tell Me Again
    Bottom Line
    Until We Meet Again
    Everyday is a New Day

There are some of the international singles too
    Doobe Doobe
    All Of My Life
    You Are Everything
    Love Me
    Tenderness
    My Old Piano

This is a great topic. I've only seen Diana Ross twice, and never heard any of these songs live. Would love to hear "I Thought It Took A Little Time" and "What You Gave Me" live though. I'm sure more seasoned fans can give better insight.

Well, Diana did sing "Touch by Touch" live to track when she hosted the American Music Awards in '87.
    Last edited by sansradio; 08-22-2016 at 07:07 PM.

thanks Sansradio! i've downloaded that now and added it

and here's a clip of her doing it as late as 1994!! part of the Live it Rotterdam concert. and in one of the most unglamorous Diana outfits lolol sort of looks like a dress the Sups might have worn pre 1964

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tIdM85AVeI

Also i think her Pieces of Ice clip from Central Park that i downloaded is her lip-syncing so now i need to find that one too lol

I gather you mean you live versions, as in versions done on tv or record, not necessarily if we've heard her do them in concert? If so, she did YOU ARE EVERYTHING with Larry Hagman on her 1981 tv special. GETTIN' READY FOR LOVE was heard briefly during her 1978 Barbara Walters interview. And WORK THAT BODY was heard very briefly during the Central Park concert.

WORK THAT BODY was featured prominently in her June 1982 tour in Europe, as the song was on the charts at that time. The tour dates were listed on the back of the single [[two more shows in Rotterdam, the Netherlands were added, though not listed on the single). Although on the single it says 1982 European Tour, on the T-shirts and other merchandise it said "WORK THAT BODY WORLD TOUR 1982" [[I still have that shirt!).
    Name:  work that body single Ross.jpg
Views: 459
Size:  89.1 KB

She did getting ready for love a few times in the late 70's and did All Of My Life and forgot some of the words at a Uk gig in the late 90's - Early 2000. I was at the gig but cannot remember where - maybe Sheffield?

If we're talking in concert, when I saw her in 1979, she did GETTIN' READY FOR LOVE, as well as LOVIN', LIVIN', & GIVIN'. I believe GETTIN READY... stayed in the act from 1978-1980.

I saw her do WORK THAT BODY in concert, in 1982 and 1983. The first time she brought audience members on stage to dance with her. The second time, she invited kids 12 and under up to dance.

In J. Randy's first book on her, Ron Miller mentioned that he saw in concert at Caesars Palace circa 1973-1974, and she sang SLEEPIN'.

In J. Randy's book on Motown, he says that she and G.C. Cameron performed MY MISTAKE during her 1974 Universal Ampitheatre concerts.
    Last edited by reese; 08-22-2016 at 09:20 AM.

I saw her do Touch by Touch during her 84-86 concerts. Also Work that Body was great in concert. She had the entire audience doing exercise with her leading. It was great.

i'm looking for a version of her actually singing live to her hits. will download as an audio file into iTunes. So for the playlist, i'm not looking for her lip syncing on a TV show, although I do also download those as video files.

And of course I love hearing and sharing people's memories. I was at the Force Behind the Power show and it was great. she was back to a big-budget set versus some of her 80s, bare-bones, in the round shows.

I never understood why no one has pitched a deep cuts show to Diana. If someone like Helen Reddy could fill showrooms until last year with a show that focused on album cuts and forgotten minor singles, Ross would have no problem doing so. It would re-energize some of the fans who have stopped going because they know its gonna be a Baby Love & I Will Survive paint by numbers routine evening as usual. Even if she did this only in Vegas for a limited run and sharpened her focus to say the Ashord & Simpson songs shes recorded I think the response could be phenomenal...

Quote Originally Posted by Glenpwood View Post
    I never understood why no one has pitched a deep cuts show to Diana. If someone like Helen Reddy could fill showrooms until last year with a show that focused on album cuts and forgotten minor singles, Ross would have no problem doing so. It would re-energize some of the fans who have stopped going because they know its gonna be a Baby Love & I Will Survive paint by numbers routine evening as usual. Even if she did this only in Vegas for a limited run and sharpened her focus to say the Ashord & Simpson songs shes recorded I think the response could be phenomenal...
    I totally agree Glenpwood but I don't think she is interested in doing such a show now. Maybe up to 10 years ago but not now. I'm afraid it is likely to be a similar set list until she decides to stop touring.