[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Sound samples now up: -

http://www.acerecords.co.uk/syreeta-...town-1967-1970

Cheers

Paul

RossHolloway Guest
    Excellent! I just listened to most of the tracks and the sound is outstanding, I can't wait for this release.

Sound samples sound great. It's nice to hear the Rose Batiste song again.

Less than a week til release for this CD I see that the price has gone up on Amazon UK

I picked out about 8 sound samples, and every track was glorious. What a superb addition to my Motown collection this will be. And how on earth did so much of this music not see the light of day back then?

Having listened to all of the samples I have only one thing to say, WOW!

Yes, the samples sound great. Gonna be a great collection, and long overdue.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1735972560001093/

Wayne

Mine is scheduled to be delivered this Tuesday, 9/27. Especially after having listened to the sound clips, I can't wait for this set! I believe several of these tracks were originally recorded with the intention of having Diana Ross and The Supremes put vocals on them--but that never happened for whatever reasons. I just wonder whether Syreeta's performance of these songs were polished demos or full-on recordings intended for possible release by her?

So... now that we've [[mostly) "freed Syreeta" can the freeing of Blinky be very far behind...?! I can already tell this Syreeta set is going to be another of Ace's phenomenal releases! Give them full-access to the Motown vaults already, Universal!

I know I'm probably being [[completely) unrealistic and inconvenient and kinda off-topic [[soz) but is there any chance it will be available on iTunes?

I know that the Motown Anthology [[Kim Weston, Elgins, etc) and Motown Collection [[Jimmy Ruffin, Brenda Holloway, etc) albums are, but the Ace Records/Kent Soul ones [[Marv Johnson, Fantastic Four, etc) are not, which is a shame!!

Anyways
    Syreeta was a brilliant singer and it's great to see her being freed from the Motown vaults!!
    Last edited by TomatoTom123; 09-24-2016 at 08:20 PM.

My copy should be here on Thursday. Has anyone received their copy?

I am so sorry to hear about Vicki, rest in peace. She's done wonderful work.

I was listening to some of the samples and it sounds great! "Loves Gone Bad" sounds hot!

Quote Originally Posted by keith_hughes View Post
    I have some sad news for Ace/Motown fans. We've lost Vicki Fox, the artist who brought colour to so many of our CD covers. "Something On My Mind" was the last CD she worked on. The booklet hasn't yet gone to print, so we'll be able to add a special note of thanks to her.

There's a tribute page here: http://acerecords.co.uk/features/vic...i-fox-tributes

R.I.P.

Keith
    Another brilliant cover. All the Motown releases via Ace have had absolutely top-notch covers. RIP Vicki

My copy arrived today. I've just spent a wonderful hour or so luxuriating in 'new' Motown. I can honestly say there isn't a duff track on the set.

Even my hubbie came in to the room and asked who it was as he liked it so much.

Syreeta should have been very proud of these recordings.

What an amazing CD. Can't thank the team at ACE enough. 5 stars!!

Quote Originally Posted by danman869 View Post
    Mine is scheduled to be delivered this Tuesday, 9/27.
    Dan, where did you order from in order to get it today? Amazon US is saying release date is October 7. I haven't placed an order yet but if someplace is already shipping then I'll order from there.

Quote Originally Posted by thommg View Post
    Dan, where did you order from in order to get it today? Amazon US is saying release date is October 7. I haven't placed an order yet but if someplace is already shipping then I'll order from there.
    Thom, I usually shop for Ace and other import releases at EBrecords.com. They're located in Northern California and I usually get my deliveries within 2 days after ordering. Ernie is a good guy and I like ordering from him because not only is the service prompt and the selection wide, but it's a good way to support small business when I can.

My copy was in my mailbox today. Halfway through the CD and I have to say it is just amazing. I was a bit wary of this release only because I'm not a huge fan of Syreeta, but every track on this release is a winner so far. Will be listening to this again on the ride to work.

Mine's been dispatched. Can't wait.

Outstanding Keith and Co.....expected nothing less from you...you sure do the best job for us...I cant stop playing this one....thank you...thank you.

My copy has arrived so it will be on repeat in the car from now until the next release!!!

Loving this set. Well done to Keith and all involved. Can't stop playing "Bad Boy", which I find absolutely amazing.

Wayne

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1735972560001093/

Have to agree about "Bad Boy". Only realised it was The Miracles song [[Bad Girl) upon hearing it but she does a great job. My fave on the CD [[after ICGBTLIFFY). For now at least. Great CD all round. Credit to all involved, not least Syreeta.

Another great Motown CD from Ace or should that be an Ace CD from Motown whatever, outstanding track for me is "It Don't Mean Nothing To Me".

I`m thoroughly enjoying mine and it`s better than I thought it would be. However I must complain that there is no mention of the possibly proposed album "Rita Wright" GS. 941. Oh I feel that Keith is going to dash my hopes again!

An excellent CD as expected. On first hearing, I particularly liked "Since You Came Back" and the updates of "That's What He Told Me" and "Love's Gone Bad".

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Polhill View Post
    I`m thoroughly enjoying mine and it`s better than I thought it would be. However I must complain that there is no mention of the possibly proposed album "Rita Wright" GS. 941. Oh I feel that Keith is going to dash my hopes again!
    The album's listed in David Bianco's book and on the "Both Sides Now" site, but I've never found any trace of it in surviving Motown paperwork, Roger: I don't know where they got their info from. Going by the catalogue number it would have come out in 1969, and the two LA tapes of unissued material we found date from early 1970. But who knows?

Thank`s Keith. I would have thought that the 1968 Detroit tracks would have been the ones.
    However it is another wonderful Ace release and many thanks to all involved. I live in hope.
    Any clues as to the next offering?

Syreeta was the ultimate Diva

Keith...are you able to say who the person was that remixed/remastered that great track on this Syreeta compilation "Love My Lovin' Man". Thanks so much!

The mixing engineer is credited in the booklet, Richard Hughes. He's mixed all the tracks that have needed mixing on Ace/Motown CDs.

Big thanks to Keith Hughes and the Ace team. I am loving this CD it has been on constantly in my car since it's realase and it's now prompting me to pull out my other Ace CD s for a replay Fantastic Four to start I think !!! Any clues to what's next Keith ???

It is a fabulous piece and as usual the Ace/Kent guys are flawless in their execution. A really nice tribute to an under appreciated talent from Motown's Silver Age.

I'd love to see some Edwin Starr get the Ace treatment!

Wow! What an exciting and surprising package from start to finish! The Motown and ACE teams have come up with yet another winning CD from the Motown vaults! Please keep 'em coming!

Thanks for all kind comments. We certainly intend to keep 'em coming. Until we can fill that pledge, I guess the next new thing for Motown fans to watch out for is the Universal [[US) Motown 1966 Unreleased digital release. I'll tell you more when I'm allowed to, but here in the preparation world it's sounding very good ... I mean, 1966! The best Motown year ever? Discuss.

A little late to the party, but does anyone else feel as if Syreeta is chanelling Jean Terrell on her vocals for Bad Boy? If I didn't know any better, I'd swear that Syreeta was singing a demo version for Jean - but this is a Mowest recording.

Thanks to Keith Hughes and the Ace team. Syreeta was rare and loved by many. I get the feeling there is a lot more in the vault on this lady.

Listening to this wonderful CD tonight again and "Bad Boy" also stood out to me. I was pleasantly surprised! She really takes it to church!

I was listening to "Love Gone Bad" a few minutes ago and noticed the great "Wooo!" in the fade out from the background.

I am curious about some of the background vocals on these tracks. I was listening to "Ain't I Gonna Win Your Love" and thought maybe it is the Andantes? But I am doubting this because whoever they are...they're singing "higher" than the Andantes' usual sound/harmonies. Maybe it is them and the higher harmonies are throwing me off?? Also curious who some of the males are on background vocals on a few of the tracks.

Well done on this release! Also, I couldn't help but notice the reference to a couple of unreleased Supremes' tracks in the booklet, "Mind, Body and Soul" [[70's Supremes) and "I Want To Go Back There Again" [[I am assuming also 70's Supremes?). I believe I have a bootleg of the first track somewhere [[?) but the second track is news to me. Could an unreleased 70's Supremes ACE compilation be on the way?
    Last edited by carlo; 11-14-2016 at 11:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    Also, I couldn't help but notice the reference to a couple of unreleased Supremes' tracks in the booklet, "Mind, Body and Soul" [[70's Supremes) and "I Want To Go Back There Again" [[I am assuming also 70's Supremes?). I believe I have a bootleg of the first track somewhere [[?) but the second track is news to me. Could an unreleased 70's Supremes ACE compilation be on the way?
    Hey Carlo... the track, "I Want To Go Back There Again" heard on this compilation was also utilized by Thelma Houston in 1971 or 72 and then Diana Ross around 1972/73--just with different mixes and/or overdubs on each. Not sure whether or not the 70s Supremes *got a crack at the same track or a new track was recorded for them to sing on. [[Wouldn't that be great, though, if a 70s Sups version DID exist?!)

I'm also suspecting that the Hal Davis tracks were either intended for The Jackson 5 or possibly demos...? They sound very J5 to me.

It's an awesome collection. Thank you Keith and the Ace crew!
    Last edited by danman869; 11-15-2016 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Corrected an autocorrect (wrong word)

Congratulations to Keith Hughes & the Ace crew who have been acknowledged as recipients of a 2016 Gold Bonus Disc Award from The Second Disc. Well deserved!!!!!!

https://theseconddisc.com/2017/01/th...s-from-a-to-z/

Thanks, Ms C, that's a nice award to have!

Keith, I got the Syreeta CD for Christmas, which I absolutely love! I do have a question: There was a rumor that Syreeta recorded a lead vocal on "Up The Ladder To The Roof." Did you ever happen to find that in the vaults when you were putting together this collection?

No we didn't though we weren't specifically looking for it. I guess it might turn up one day.