[REMOVE ADS]

Update on Denise LaSalle health and recording project

As you guys know, I have been curious about Denise and whether or not we will ever see any more new material from her. So along those lines, I got this Google alert recently. Apparently she is very well-respected in her hometown of Jackson, TN and the local paper keeps its readers informed about her.

So I guess the following article is sort of a mixed bag. It is sad to hear that she had to be re-hospitalized, and the new CD mentioned in the article is not the "Cougar on the Loose" project that was first mentioned well over a year ago. But at the same time, I am trying to be encouraged by the fact that her spirit and enthusiasm are still there and that she seems willing to keep moving forward with her career, even if the flesh might be getting weaker.

So far this material is not yet available on I Tunes, as Wolfe indicated in the article, but I will keep watching for it. Best wishes, Niecy!

http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/news...w-cd/87663952/

David, I was in Jackson, TN back in June. At the time I did not know of Denise' illness. I do wish her a speedy recovery as she is one of our true surviving greats!

marv, I just posted a photo of me and Denise a few days ago on Facebook...you can look on my timeline or go to the group called "Classic Soul Music" as I posted it there too.

Quote Originally Posted by rrussi View Post
    marv, I just posted a photo of me and Denise a few days ago on Facebook...you can look on my timeline or go to the group called "Classic Soul Music" as I posted it there too.
    Hey Randy thanks.

The pictures are fantastic! I thought I had a collection.......whoa! LOL