[REMOVE ADS]

Ruby & the romantics - our day will come [[rare tv footage 1964)

From the Mike Douglas Show back in the day......................

Fantastic find!...Dang, I really need to get back to searching out for the cream of the Internet
    myself...

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 303
Size:  21.1 KB
    Nice to see this. The Romantics, Ruby's backup group, were one of the greatest harmony groups, ever. They would have been one of the great male Soul harmony groups had they not been overlooked some, due to most of their identification being with Ruby.

Ron Mosely, one of the group, later became a prolific Soul song writer, mainly working with Robert Bateman and his projects.

Quote Originally Posted by robb_k View Post
    Nice to see this. The Romantics, Ruby's backup group, were one of the greatest harmony groups, ever. They would have been one of the great male Soul harmony groups had they not been overlooked some, due to most of their identification being with Ruby.
    I heard that the Temptations modeled their harmonies after Ruby & the Romantics. Yep, learned that from JAI aka Arrr&Bee!

Quote Originally Posted by blueskies View Post
    Thank you Blueskies!

Hey check this out. From the same program. Superb harmonies.

Great stuff marv,i absolutly love ruby and the romantics and it always breaks my heart when i think of how underappreciated they were, just imagine if they had been at motown with smokey writting for them.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Hey check this out. From the same program. Superb harmonies.
    Real singing, no lip-syncing ! Was is the norm on the Mike Douglas show ?

Quote Originally Posted by phil View Post
    Real singing, no lip-syncing ! Was is the norm on the Mike Douglas show ?
    For the most part yes all the way up through the 70s. There were times when artists would lip synch.

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    Great stuff marv,i absolutly love ruby and the romantics and it always breaks my heart when i think of how underappreciated they were, just imagine if they had been at motown with smokey writting for them.
    I know what you mean. I get a bit sad when I think that Ruby is now the lone survivor of this great group.

The person who posted that Ruby video also has some other great stuff that some folks might
    be interested in seeing. Today I watched The Baby Dolls doing Please Don't Rush Me which
    I've loved since a was a kid but had never seen performed before. Also there's another
    youtuber who goes by ILJMXXX who too has a lot of great stuff. On his page I watched MaxineBrown sing Oh No Not My Baby live in 1968 with the late P-Funk maestro Bernie
    Worrell on piano. Sent that link to a few friends immediately...Great stuff...