[REMOVE ADS]

Martha Reeves & The Vandellas: Forget Them Not

Hey guys,

Check out this new piece from Classic Motown on Martha Reeves & The Vandellas: http://classic.motown.com/story/stor...d-the-image-3/

Very interesting story about the group in London and a great picture from the archives too!

A nice little slice of history. Thank you Hitsville_Jazza.

As much as I adore Martha, and I REALLY do, that is an abominable photo of her. She looks like she is in pain of some kind or like the sun is in her eyes, or something is really wrong.

It isn't a good shot, I agree, but of course Martha had been very ill the previous year, and was just getting back into her stride, with new Vandella Sandra Tilley, and a new album Natural Resources. Here's a better one from the same photoshoot. Martha is looking much more relaxed and beautiful, with no sun in her eyes. Lois looks glamourous, and Sandy cute. A big hit was just around the corner in the UK, Forget Me Not, and a successful tour in the early months of 1971.
    Last edited by Sharpmoves; 07-26-2016 at 09:31 AM.