[REMOVE ADS]

Refugee kills woman and injures two in Germany

When is this going to stop?

I gotta be honest: I always thought the acceptance of so many refugees from certain countries was a bad idea. Terrorists are among them. They also work with terror cells that are formed by citizens of a given country. All this has helped give rise to the far-right terrorists, like what he had in Munich last week. The same things happen here in the U.S..

I know we have to do something to help innocent refugees, but no country who accepts them has the resources to process each and every prospective immigrant, and the innocent ones don't have the time. That is partly why we are seeing these problems in Europe and North America.

You know, there are other countries around the world who could step up to the plate, but maybe they're just smarter than we are.

Sorry if I suddenly sound like an isolationist, but that's how I feel.

For what it's worth, the Munich attack was not considered to be a terrorist action. And contrary to what many believe, there is a very robust screening process for refugees to enter the US. It takes between 15 and 18 months to pass every part of the vetting, which includes background checks by the FBI and the Department of Homeland Security, health screenings, and individual personal interviews. It's not foolproof, but it is as comprehensive as it could logically be. Below is information from the State Department's website [[forgive my inability to format on my tablet):

The Resettlement Service Centers collect biographic and other information from the applicants to prepare for the adjudication interview and for security screening. Enhanced security screening is a joint responsibility of the Department of State and the Department of Homeland Security and includes the participation of multiple U.S. Government security agencies.

Officers from the Department of Homeland Security’s U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services [[USCIS) review all the information that the RSC has collected and also conduct an in-person interview with each refugee applicant before deciding whether to approve him or her for resettlement in the United States.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    For what it's worth, the Munich attack was not considered to be a terrorist action. And contrary to what many believe, there is a very robust screening process for refugees to enter the US. It takes between 15 and 18 months to pass every part of the vetting, which includes background checks by the FBI and the Department of Homeland Security, health screenings, and individual personal interviews. It's not foolproof, but it is as comprehensive as it could logically be. Below is information from the State Department's website [[forgive my inability to format on my tablet):

The Resettlement Service Centers collect biographic and other information from the applicants to prepare for the adjudication interview and for security screening. Enhanced security screening is a joint responsibility of the Department of State and the Department of Homeland Security and includes the participation of multiple U.S. Government security agencies.

Officers from the Department of Homeland Security’s U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services [[USCIS) review all the information that the RSC has collected and also conduct an in-person interview with each refugee applicant before deciding whether to approve him or her for resettlement in the United States.

Imagine if the immigrants that came through Ellis Island in the 19th Century had to go through all of that?

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    For what it's worth, the Munich attack was not considered to be a terrorist action.
    Yes, it was considered a terrorist attack: a domestic attack.

And contrary to what many believe, there is a very robust screening process for refugees to enter the US. It takes between 15 and 18 months to pass every part of the vetting, which includes background checks by the FBI and the Department of Homeland Security, health screenings, and individual personal interviews. It's not foolproof, but it is as comprehensive as it could logically be. Below is information from the State Department's website [[forgive my inability to format on my tablet):
    I know that, but you can't catch them all.

Can't catch them all. That's the risk. Now, i'm not saying to ban them outright like Trump says. An d, the only part where I was wrong was saying "certain" countries. These terrorists go to countries who are on our "green" list and enter that way.

.[/QUOTE]

I know how it's done.

So are you guys saying that your immigration system for entry into the USA is sufficiently robust to cope with the problems that are happening these days in places like Paris, Nice, Munich Florida and the list is increasing daily.

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    So are you guys saying that your immigration system for entry into the USA is sufficiently robust to cope with the problems that are happening these days in places like Paris, Nice, Munich Florida and the list is increasing daily.
    It should be. The very few attacks we have had were carried out by citizens. Some were sympathetic to isis, and some were far-right nuts and racists.