[REMOVE ADS]

Non-terrorist mass killing here in Munich last night

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  21.1 KB
    It seems that we aren't immune from berserk depressed gun-toting fools killing innocent people here in Germany. An Iranian immigrant to Germany went berserk and shot into crowds in Downtown Munich last night. ALL public transport was stopped, to help prevent his escape. 8 innocent people were murdered, and possibly 20 or so injured. Originally, it was rumoured that there were 3 terrorists. But the single gunman killed himself, and no other assailants were confirmed.

I had stayed home last evening, as I do most. But, my business partner's wife was out, and sent off of her tram, while in The Centre. It took her an hour to walk home from 23:00 to midnight, after the "all clear" signal was given.

I guess that there is NO safe place in The World, from troubled people who own guns and are well used to using them. Good that I rarely go out at night, and rarely go to crowded city centres, and rarely go to shopping malls.

[QUOTE=robb_k

I guess that there is NO safe place in The World, from troubled people who own guns and are well used to using them. .[/QUOTE]

That's the bottom line. Anything can happen damn near anywhere at anytime. Cherish whatever it is you have right now. Tomorrow is not a promise...

Views: 91
    The death toll is now up to 9.

I am very sorry to hear about all of this Robb. So the perpetrator was not associated with any known terrorist groups? Too many guns and people with "issues" are the central problem in my opinion.

I agree Splanky, anything can happen anywhere at anytime. In cities and small villages around the World. I was suppose to be in Chicago this weekend and could not help thinking of all the needless shootings there. Somethings gotta give!

Quote Originally Posted by robb_k View Post
Views: 91
    The death toll is now up to 9.
    Oh no. This is pretty bad. Any idea of the total number of injured?

More information coming out suggests that most of the initial information about this young man was incorrect.

What is true is that several families have lost their loved ones and nothing will compensate them for that loss.

Heartbreaking.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Oh no. This is pretty bad. Any idea of the total number of injured?
    27 with 10 in a serious state with shotgun wounds

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    27 with 10 in a serious state with shotgun wounds
    Thank you theboyfromxtown.

Quote Originally Posted by robb_k View Post
    I guess that there is NO safe place in The World, from troubled people who own guns and are well used to using them. Good that I rarely go out at night, and rarely go to crowded city centres, and rarely go to shopping malls.
    Antartica sounds like your kind of place.

But, you know, in Phoenix, Arizona, there is a sniper who is shooting people in broad daylight. Lots of murders happen in small towns. You can't stay safe by staying in at night anywhere you go. Those shopping mall and restaurant shootings all took place during the day.

Here in the U.S., Trump wants us to believe that it's total anarchy out there, but the truth is that crime has gone down under Obama's administration, and has been the lowest since when George H. Bush was in office in the early 90s.

Views: 76
    Soulster said on another thread that recent revelations show that this was a terrorist attack. But everything I've read here in Munich, and seen on German TV News, indicates that he was alone in planning it, and, that perhaps, a friend of his MIGHT have known that his friend planned to do something. But, it was not a terrorist plot. It was a frustrated, depressed individual, lashing out at The World. Apparently, he was an "expert" at a shooting-type computer game. Maybe he got his practise playing it? In any case, he seems callous to violence.