[REMOVE ADS]

Diana Ross The Best Entrance Ever! HB 2016

Thanks, Ian! She better DO IT at 72!!!! Although this was fabulous, IMHO nothing will top her '79 entrance from the movie screen at Caesars.

gba Guest
    It was great to see her add "something new" - agree about the '79 entrance - nothing better

I also agree that her entrance from the movie screen [[ I saw it at Radio City) was her best entrance. Of course, her best exit was at the Super Bowl.

I've seen Diana every time she was in my area and also traveled many times to see her. But I skipped her last show because the set list of the short seventy minute show never changes and more importantly, I think her six person band is tacky for a high priced ticket performer. I guess I got spoiled a few years ago, when she gave a performance with a full orchestra, including strings.

With her vast catalogue, it is a shame that she sings the same songs in every concert. And I have always wondered why she never sings "Someday We'll Be Together".

Well, it's her show, and she's The Boss, so who am I to complain? Just a fan.

Diana is obviously able to generate the $$$ for the expensive stage sets, wardrobe, and an entrance which had to have cost a pretty penny...They can squeeze over 18,000 people into that venue...

When I see Diana I see Motown,,, I wish some of the other performers were still around to do this as well. The Motortown Revue.....Hi Ya Ya those were the days. It would be nice if she added songs from other Motown groups into her act as a melody like she did when she did "The Good Ole Days". However, I am sure she would be criticized for not including someone.

She has a long list of songs to sing and I am sure someone would be unhappy if she missed one of their favorites so she sticks with the most memorable probably.
    Last edited by captainjames; 07-17-2016 at 02:31 AM. Reason: add more data

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    I also agree that her entrance from the movie screen [[ I saw it at Radio City) was her best entrance. Of course, her best exit was at the Super Bowl.

I've seen Diana every time she was in my area and also traveled many times to see her. But I skipped her last show because the set list of the short seventy minute show never changes and more importantly, I think her six person band is tacky for a high priced ticket performer. I guess I got spoiled a few years ago, when she gave a performance with a full orchestra, including strings.

With her vast catalogue, it is a shame that she sings the same songs in every concert. And I have always wondered why she never sings "Someday We'll Be Together".

Well, it's her show, and she's The Boss, so who am I to complain? Just a fan.
    Diana will always have a very special place in my heart and i having worked with her extensively i have probably seen her live around 50-60 times between 1979-2006, I don't think i would go out of my way to catch her show these days because as milven rightly points out she does virtually the same show time after time after time. There are lots of other classics she could perform just to vary the set a little. She is merely going through the motions now. The current show does not stretch her in the slightest and that is just the way she wants it at her advancing years. She still performs because she still loves singing but she obviously does not have the same drive and energy she once had. Her set list is unlikely to change in the future so if you pay money to watch her in a standard venue you know what you are going to get. However if she does play Glastonbury in 2017 or 2018 that set list will change just for that particular show.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    Diana will always have a very special place in my heart and i having worked with her extensively i have probably seen her live around 50-60 times between 1979-2006, I don't think i would go out of my way to catch her show these days because as milven rightly points out she does virtually the same show time after time after time. There are lots of other classics she could perform just to vary the set a little. She is merely going through the motions now. The current show does not stretch her in the slightest and that is just the way she wants it at her advancing years. She still performs because she still loves singing but she obviously does not have the same drive and energy she once had. Her set list is unlikely to change in the future so if you pay money to watch her in a standard venue you know what you are going to get. However if she does play Glastonbury in 2017 or 2018 that set list will change just for that particular show.

Miss Ross is getting some real good reviews for her Hollywood a Bowl concerts and packing in the crowds. It take close to 17000 people to fill the Bowl and shes darned near filling the place and getting nice reviews. I wish Id gone now but next time Im going for sure.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/ne...s-angeles-hits

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/r...ana-night.html

Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Miss Ross is getting some real good reviews for her Hollywood a Bowl concerts and packing in the crowds. It take close to 17000 people to fill the Bowl and shes darned near filling the place and getting nice reviews. I wish Id gone now but next time Im going for sure.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/ne...s-angeles-hits

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/r...ana-night.html

Roberta
    That's great Roberta. If she is still packing in the crowds then good luck to her i say. We are lucky to still have her around doing what she loves. God bless her.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    That's great Roberta. If she is still packing in the crowds then good luck to her i say. We are lucky to still have her around doing what she loves. God bless her.
    Exactly my dear Bluebrock. God bless Miss Diane Ross and Mary and Smokey and Stevie and my great lady the First Lady of Motown Dr Martha Reeves who turns 75 years young tomorrow. My God continue to bless all of them.

have a blessed and beutiful Sunday my dear.

Fondly,

Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Miss Ross is getting some real good reviews for her Hollywood a Bowl concerts and packing in the crowds. Roberta
    She always gets great reviews and there is almost never an empty seat. And you get two shows in one. The audience is a show in itself. The last few times that I saw her, we sat in a box upfront which gave a perfect view of Diana and of the audience. Watching the love of the audience by Diana and the love of Diana by the audience was a show in itself.

Here is a video of this weeks' performance from the Hollywood Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    She always gets great reviews and there is almost never an empty seat. And you get two shows in one. The audience is a show in itself. The last few times that I saw her, we sat in a box upfront which gave a perfect view of Diana and of the audience. Watching the love of the audience by Diana and the love of Diana by the audience was a show in itself.

Here is a video of this weeks' performance from the Hollywood Bowl
    Oh my goodness she sounds and looks great.that lady plating the violin is amazing.

thanks for sharing, makes me wish Id gone. Next time for sure.

Yours, with every good wish.

Roberta