[REMOVE ADS]

Bunny Sigler, PHILLY LEGEND, IF YOU DON'T KNOW, YOU BETTER ASK SOMEBODY

Name:  IMG_7030.JPG
Views: 1452
Size:  18.0 KBWalter "Bunny" Sigler [[born on March 27, 1941 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania) is a pop and R&B songwriter and record producer who has done extensive work with the team of Kenny Gamble and Leon Huff, and who was instrumental in creating the "Philly Sound" in the early 1970s. He is nicknamed "Mr. Emotion."

Few songwriters have influenced a genre like Bunny Sigler. Bunny has worked with most of the artists associated with the Philadelphia stable including The O'Jays, Jackie Moore, The Roots, Harold Melvin & the Blue Notes, Lou Rawls, Barbara Mason, Billy Paul, Patti LaBelle and Stephanie Mills. Instant Funk’s “I Got My Mind Made Up”, Patti Labelle’s “Somebody Loves You Baby”, The Whispers’ “Bingo”, Jackie Moore’s “Sweet Charlie Babe” and The O’Jays “Sunshine” all came from the pen of Bunny Sigler.

Recently, Bunny has been sampled by The Roots, Notorious B.I.G., Mary J. Blige, 50 Cent, and Outkast and co-wrote “The Ruler’s Back,” the opening song on Jay-Z’s album, The Blueprint, and “Dilemma,” the 5-times platinum hit on Nelly’s album, Nellyville.

He also released a new album, The Lord's Prayer, which is a collection of gospel songs near and dear to Bunny's heart.

Now he has released a new single, "You'll Never Know," which is from his forthcoming album From Bunny, With Love.

During his career, Bunny has amassed more than 35 million units as a producer artist and songwriter.

www.bunnysigler.com

Bunny, Bunny, Bunny...Tsk, tsk, tsk!!!

How in the world could you leave off one of my favorite ballads of the '70s, "Only You", your duet with Loleatta Holloway!?!?

Furthermore, how could you not mention "Regina" & one of my favorite Disco cuts from 1979, "[[I Knew It Was You) By The Way You Dance".

Here's a shot for you from last months memorial for Weldon A. McDougal...

Name:  DSC_7079_450-Bunny-Sigler.jpg
Views: 1874
Size:  12.7 KB
    Last edited by juicefree20; 12-13-2010 at 08:21 PM.

Don't worry Bunny! I remember you! Welcome to the forum!

Hello Bundino, great to see you here. I was just going through some tracks you wrote for the Ojays.......and of course one of my all time faves..."Keep Smiling".........[[ which I always thought should have been recorded by The Ojays).......

Kdub

Back up even further! Just yesterday, I mentioned Let The Good Times Roll & Feel So Good on Grapevine's thread about the top 10 greatest soul songs of all time. On the Parkway label from the summer of 1967, the summer I finally got my driver's license - what a fantastic song! If you were East Coast, you heard this on the radio constantly, and I have yet to tire of it. So welcome to the forum Bunny.

Oldies

I'm VERY familiar with the music of Bunny Sigler...love "Let the Good Times Roll-Feel So Good"...I have three copies of it! I danced on a boat on Lake Ontario to "Follow Your Heart" as part of a Northern soul get-together in Toronto in 2000. Then there's also that great song "Picture Us"...you've done so much!! Welcome to the Forum, Bunny!!

Best,

Mark

Bunny Sigler's version of "Love Train" is brilliant--especially part 2, where he strips down the music and takes it back to the voices...GROUP HARMONY.

Question: In the song Mr. Sigler refers to the back-up singers, saying something like, "I got three fellas from New Jersey here...". Who is he talking about??

Oh I know Bunny Sigler he was one of the few people I took notice of when I watched Soul Train,
    Stephanie

Although not a hit due to lack of promotion, he did a great duet single with Dee Dee Sharp on Phil. Internl. label,
    "Conquer The World Together" b/w "We Got A Good Thing Going". They issued it under the name David Sigler
    as Bunny was under contract to another label at the time.

pshark Guest
    Back in the day this jam got a lot of airplay in the Bay Area @ KSOL
    [[and why the hell does this vid abruptly stops @ 3:21?)

Randy...I believe the single you mentioned came out on Neptune and not Philadelphia International.

Best,

Mark

Oh, Regina was one of THE best Philly ballads back in the day. I still have that 45. Didnt sell to well, but, oh my, beutiful...,Paulo XXXX

Welcome to the forum, Mr. Siglar! I was in the Reserves with your sister, Pat and she told me a funny story of how you were nicknamed Bunny! Also my deceased husband lived on the same block [[Bouvier Street) with one of your brothers. He pronounced your last name Ziglar and I had to repeatedly correct him. That went in one ear and out the other. LOL!

a True Legend........this is one of my favorites.....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

If you don't know me by now....

Hello Bunny,

I was a good friend of Weldon McDougal III and want to introduce myself to you. Weldon used to pass on your goodwill messages and wonderful music video's to me.
    I symphathize with you at his terrific loss and have long hoped to find a link to share with you the loyal and strong friend we had in Weldon, throughout the transient world of show-biz.
    You are a very accomplished song-writer, musician and vocalist and I love and respect your work immensely.

Best,

Judith Rosemary King

No, the Dee Dee Sharp duet with Bunny was on Philly International. One of the label's first batch of singles.
    I had a promo copy of the 45. Again, should've been a big R&B crossover hit if it had received the airplay.

To the "singingest" man in Philly, I wish you the best on your CD release. You deserve it.

Russell Thompkins Jr.

Bunny did do a duet with Cindy Scott on the Neptune label and it may have been the same song--Conquer The World
    Together. It may have been issued on Neptune or Huff-Puff label.

First of all Welcome Bunny! This is Randy Brown of Platinum Partners aka Platinum Pushers Entertainment. My biz partner Angelo Green and I have spent several occasions in your presence or brief associations at various functions. I've been telling our friend Ray Earl [[Instant Funk) he needs to come on board for some time. Now that you're on he's Really gonna feel left out - lol. You might remember hollering at Ray from my cell out in the park at 50th & Baltimore Ave when you threw it down as Denise King hosted. With some exciting things coming down the pike soon, I'm looking forward to us getting better acquainted.

"SUNSHINE" ranks with my all-time fave O'Jays tunes EASILY! Love so much of your work, even going back to Storm Warning [[Volcanos) and We're Only Human with Sundray [[Cindy Scott) Tucker. Played it over & over. Would love to hear some of the tracks you've been laying down with Ray! Again... Warm Welcome.
    Last edited by positivesoul; 12-16-2010 at 08:50 PM. Reason: typo

nosey, I got so thrilled about Bunny joining the Forum that I forgot to mention that I spent a lot of time, up to the age of almost 10, in North Philly on Bouvier St. My grandparents were Ernest & Maggie Dixon. They lived on Bouvier just south of Columbia Ave. In fact I recall the 1964 Columbia Ave race riot like it was last week [[somehow I think I'm still in my 20's).

We were spending several nights at their home and my parents woke me up to come watch history out of the 3rd floor window. I often feel like Forrest Gump, always on the scene. Ironic too that the great man after whom Columbia Avenue was later renamed, Cecil B. Moore, became a personal friend about 10 years later. I recall that my favorite then-very-current tune was the Tops' Baby I Need Your Loving. Nice to know that I was frequently staying on the same street as Bunny's brother AND your late hubby too. Must've been quite a guy if he snagged you baby

Hello Bunny, it is so good to have you Here with Friends! I have just downloaded some of the tracks from your website so quickly and the tracks I have chosen are so moving and close to the heart, I must admit I am more a ballad person, Thanks! for sharing Your Great Music and Talent with us!

John

Positivesoul, did you know any Brisbanes on Bouvier Street? My sister married into that "drinking" family. LOL! The hundred block of Bouvier Street I was referring to was in the West Oak Lane section of the city. I too remember the riots and wasn't allowed to even go outside! [[I was raised in the area of the old Connie Mack Stadium.)

Positivesoul, please keep me in the loop regarding Philly stuff since Man of Music is incommunicado.

nosey, I will gladly keep you in the local loop as far as able. You might even want to get a bit involved in some upcoming developments. Keep on the lookout for some nice things ahead. Also, I can't say that I recall the Brisbanes, but ya never know for sure... As far as the "drinking family" descrip, that fits far too broad a populace to be helpful, lol.

Well hello Bunny & Universal Lovers wherever you are,
    I think of you in the storms of NY and hope you are all well. I can't get enough of 'This can't be true girl' by Eddie Holman and produced by Weldon. It's haunting melody and compelling lyrics are beautiful and passionate. Just like the people behind the music. It is not on current release in the UK, any ideas where can I obtain a copy ?
    Judith X

Hi Judith, I posted about that Eddie Holman song last year on this board. That was in my opinion the quintessential "slow drag" song that was played at a lot of house partys back in the hood where I came from. I just love, love, love that song. [[Think I'll go on youtube right now!)

Welcome to SDF Bunny..."Somebody Loves You" & "Can't Believe That You Love Me" from your "My Music" album are two of my all time favourite philly tracks...wore the vinyl out then bought the CD & no matter how often I play then they blow me away.

Bunny first appeared here at SD a while back. I emailed him and offered to set up a thread [[Say Hello To Bunny Sigler) on his behalf so his fans could communicate with him. Instead he peppered the forum with videos of his songs and then promptly disappeared. Bunny, if you're looking in, the offer still stands.

Hi Nosey,
    Thanks for the lead and sorry I have been off the Soulful scene a while. I guess you are from Philadelphia and part of a happening scene. Great to connect with you and glad we share our passions in common.

Hi,

This Can't Be True is available on the Cameo Parkway box [[on the fourth disc), which was released a few years ago. Here it is on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Cameo-Parkway-...4831563&sr=1-1

Or here it is as an mp3 download, much cheaper at 99cents.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...++Eddie+Holman

[[Hi Nosey. Us Philly area girls gotta stick together!)

Oldies

I remember the first time I heard "This Can't Be True". Porky Chedwick played it on WAMO in Pittsburgh. I found that Cameo Parkway boxed set in York [[used) at a store in York. Perfect condition.
    Hi Oldies!! You and Nosey have some room for a girl from the 'Burgh?

Hi Moe,

Sure, Pittsburgh is in PA, so you're in.

As for Bunny Sigler's music, I'd love to see a legitimate release of the flip side of Let The Good Times Roll & Feel So Good which is There's No Love Left [[In This Old Heart Of Mine.) Good song.

Oldies

I like the song called Crying by Mr. Sigler.