[REMOVE ADS]

Where did Andy Skurow A Go Go?

Shake Me, Wake Me because This Old Heart of Mine can't wait for the news. Get Ready to Come and Get These Memories. Andy, Put Yourself in My Place.. I have Money and I Can't Help Myself. With that news, Andy, You Can't Hurry [[enough) Love. These Boots are Made for Walking right down to my digital record store, cuz Baby I Need Your Loving work, care and attention for an upcoming anniversary. Love is Like an Itching in My Heart, tearin' it all apart, waiting for this news. You've said on Nightlight to just Hang on Sloopy. Well, I'ma hanging...
    Your friend,
    Thanxal
    Last edited by thanxal; 07-14-2016 at 09:21 PM.

Very Clever Al!

I hope you checked the Diana Ross & The Supremes Expanded Edition Facebook page. 12 Jul, someone posted the pix sleeves of Love Is Like An Itching In My Heart and You Can't Hurry Love. Hopefully, that's a good sign. The singles anniversary are respectively 8 Apr and 25 Jul. The A Go Go album anniversary date is 25 Aug!

Quote Originally Posted by greg jones View Post
    Very Clever Al!

I hope you checked the Diana Ross & The Supremes Expanded Edition Facebook page. 12 Jul, someone posted the pix sleeves of Love Is Like An Itching In My Heart and You Can't Hurry Love. Hopefully, that's a good sign. The singles anniversary are respectively 8 Apr and 25 Jul. The A Go Go album anniversary date is 25 Aug!
    Very clever indeed! Good work, Al; you included the entire track list...

Very Clever Al!

Yes I saw that. The curiosity just got the best of me. With just over a month out, and nary a peep, I decided to hit the 'panic' button and post here [[which I rarely do anymore).

The weird thing with downloads only is that they require very little in the way of advance notice. At least, that was happened with Funny Girl, Baby It's Me, Songs From The Wiz and Merry Christmas. Can only assume we'll get very little notice for A Go Go.

The weird thing with downloads only is that they require very little in the way of advance notice. At least, that was happened with Funny Girl, Baby It's Me, Songs From The Wiz and Merry Christmas. Can only assume we'll get very little notice for A Go Go.
    Very true, but I'm holding out hope for at least a vinyl release given the recent release of Diana Ross [[1976). Hope for a CD is just unicorn-thinking.

In the 'old days' Andy would have given clues to all the bonus tracks and Al could have interwoven them into his original post!

Quote Originally Posted by carole cucumber View Post
    In the 'old days' Andy would have given clues to all the bonus tracks and Al could have interwoven them into his original post!
    Carole, about a year ago I was on a thread with Andy and was begging for info. He intimated at that time that there were some versions of LILAIIMH that we would all love. If I recall, there were to be several alternates and variations of the various tracks and maybe even some other studio material from that time.

Hello all,

Although Universal says "Get Ready," I'm sorry, "I'm Still Waiting" to "A Go-Go" into the studio, where we can "Sing A Simple Song" in this "Heat Wave."

However, you are all welcome to "Deliver De-Letter, De-Sooner, De-Better," to Universal to let them know you want this release "Back In My Arms Again," so you will all be "Dancing In The Street."

I want everyone to get "Everything I Want," to be "Happy," because without hearing "The Fantastic Supremes," "When Smokey Sings," or "The Motown Song," "Misery Makes My Heart It's Home." And "After All," "What Becomes Of The Brokenhearted?"

So "Keep On Lovin' Me," cause "Baby That's Backatcha."

"Ain't No Place Like Motown" Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Andy View Post
    Hello all,

Although Universal says "Get Ready," I'm sorry, "I'm Still Waiting" to "A Go-Go" into the studio, where we can "Sing A Simple Song" in this "Heat Wave."

However, you are all welcome to "Deliver De-Letter, De-Sooner, De-Better," to Universal to let them know you want this release "Back In My Arms Again," so you will all be "Dancing In The Street."

I want everyone to get "Everything I Want," to be "Happy," because without hearing "The Fantastic Supremes," "When Smokey Sings," or "The Motown Song," "Misery Makes My Heart It's Home." And "After All," "What Becomes Of The Brokenhearted?"

Hi Andy. How are you?

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Hi Andy. How are you?
    Thanx Andy!

You know, I just realised that since they updated the classic Motown and UME sites in the last year and a half, some UM emails, I was no longer receiving. So I went back over and re-signed up for the VIP lists.

Now I didn't see an email address on the Classic Motown site, but I did find one on the UME site. So I took your lead and emailed them on this issue right away. Hopefully this is a good address to get someone higher up to take things seriously.

Hey guys on this forum, does anyone know a way of starting a petition of some sort on the internet? Maybe if all we fans petition, UME will take notice of what we [[the fans) want!!!

Hello all,

You're the best. What is the best email to use to express All I Want?

Thanx Andy!

You know, I just realised that since they updated the classic Motown and UME sites in the last year and a half, some UM emails, I was no longer receiving. So I went back over and re-signed up for the VIP lists.

Now I didn't see an email address on the Classic Motown site, but I did find one on the UME site. So I took your lead and emailed them on this issue right away. Hopefully this is a good address to get someone higher up to take things seriously.

Hey guys on this forum, does anyone know a way of starting a petition of some sort on the internet? Maybe if all we fans petition, UME will take notice of what we [[the fans) want!!!
    You might try change.org.

Hello all,

It sounds like nothing is happening for an A GO GO release [["waiting to go into the studio"). It's very sad for fans that UME/Motiwn has dried up. I would think that with both Diana and Mary continually touring to great reviews that UME would perceive an audience.

I sincerely doubt that letters from a handful of people will made any impact.

Quote Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
    It sounds like nothing is happening for an A GO GO release [["waiting to go into the studio"). It's very sad for fans that UME/Motiwn has dried up. I would think that with both Diana and Mary continually touring to great reviews that UME would perceive an audience.

I sincerely doubt that letters from a handful of people will made any impact.
    Fan letters brought Family Guy back. Twice. If given an email I will write and write and write.

I know fans brought Family Guy back once but what's this about twice?

when releases were coming like "Symphony" , "Copa", "Meet The Supremes" etc and were being met with boos and hisses here [[I won't buy this, I won't buy that, I want the other thing!") I warned people that if they didn't support the releases with $$$$, that the Universal people would say ' the hell with it, why are we wasting time and money , pull the plug" and they did.. these are such small limited releases in the scheme of things that, if they didn't get total support [[which they didn't) then that would be the end of it..and it was, ..it's over..

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi LaLumia View Post
    when releases were coming like "Symphony" , "Copa", "Meet The Supremes" etc and were being met with boos and hisses here [[I won't buy this, I won't buy that, I want the other thing!") I warned people that if they didn't support the releases with $$$$, that the Universal people would say ' the hell with it, why are we wasting time and money , pull the plug" and they did.. these are such small limited releases in the scheme of things that, if they didn't get total support [[which they didn't) then that would be the end of it..and it was, ..it's over..
    Sadly, I remember those threads and remember admonishing the nay-sayers in very similar ways that you did. My great hope is that this site represents such a small portion of reality that it has no impact on Universal. There are many more people out there buying these releases than are/were here. They can't sell 5 or 10k copies of a release to SDF. I don't think Andy would have encouraged us to write in if he felt it were all in vain.

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    Fan letters brought Family Guy back. Twice. If given an email I will write and write and write.
    The email that I found and used is on the website universalmusicenterprises.com ume is the catalog re-issuing arm of Universal, even when it still contains logos of the former labels they purchased or a re-issuing label like Hip-O.

My gut tells me that Andy does not want to give one specific email as it could look as if someone is purposely flooding a specific individual or department. It's probably best if we find more than one different email to try at different emails to contact them.

As Al said, If Andy thought that we were beating a dead horse, he come out and say that's the end.

This is the best thread ever!

For me...the sadder thing is that we still have most of our very talented Supreme ladies and they are still delivering very strong performances all over the world, yet they are not recording. They should be. I guarantee that one day there will suddenly be a revitalized market for their back catalogue of work, but what about now? Why not give these ladies an opportunity to continue creating music while we are blessed to still have them here? It really is a sad and wasted opportunity. For instance, if Diana was currently releasing new music, perhaps UMG would be more inclined to put out physical reissues. Sometimes I think about all the music that Flo could/would have created, if she had more time. Sad to think that Diana has not put out a new album in over 10 years [[and yes, contrary to what fans believe, she has expressed interest in doing so)!

My gut tells me that Andy does not want to give one specific email as it could look as if someone is purposely flooding a specific individual or department.
    That's a very good point.

Quote Originally Posted by ejluther View Post
    Fox cancelled Family Guy twice. Once after the first season and then again after the third [[I think it was the third).

Quote Originally Posted by ejluther View Post
    It wasn't just fan letters that brought the series "Family Guy" back. The combination of big DVD sales of the first two seasons along with high ratings for reruns on the Cartoon Network persuaded Fox to renew "Family Guy". Now if there was only something we could do to get UME to do more reissues on The Supremes.....

try buying copies of what's out there that you may not own yet.. they do pay attention to sales reports more than fan letters, although Andy is correct , letters will catch their eye.. sales report get their attention

I still think that it would have been a better idea for them to have released just the stereo and mono versions of the albums on 1 cd at a decent lower price and work out the unreleased/alternate versions later. We just might have at least most of the albums by now.

Hmmm.so that means A Go Go is not on schedule to be released for the 50th next month?
    Disappointing but not surprising.I did send a note off to universal music group but got no response.

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    Hmmm.so that means A Go Go is not on schedule to be released for the 50th next month?
    Disappointing but not surprising.I did send a note off to universal music group but got no response.
    Just curious .... Over the years on this forum, has anyone ever received a response or acknowledgment when contacting Motown /UME?
    Last edited by longtimefan; 07-17-2016 at 09:28 PM.

they're not going to reply to these letters.. it's not 1965 anymore..everything is mega corporate these days. you can't even get replies from basic necessity companies anymore..

Yes in the past I have but I haven't written because we were on schedule with the reissues but now nothing

they're not going to reply to these letters.. it's not 1965 anymore..everything is mega corporate these days. you can't even get replies from basic necessity companies anymore..
    That's my assumption, too, Jimi. Follow the money........

it IS the music BUSINESS for those who may have forgotten..

lolol Absolutely!

RossHolloway Guest
    Can someone give the email addresses to write to the Universal/Motown? We should ALL send a email and let them know that there is still interest for these types of releases.

Probably two [[maybe 3) have benefited greatly releasing "Mp3 only album" first are Beyonce, Drake and D'Angelo. There are others I am sure. But the ailing labels save a great deal NOT having to advertise a new release. Beyonce and Drake are so big that they only need to send out a press release to announce the release of a new album. Pre-Digital outlets, retail advertising was often the second or third highest costs in marketing releases.

So sad but true. Labels are notorious in killing a format before its time. That said, the Mp3 train left the station well over a decade ago. And remember, the new regime at Universal doeskin have the emotional connection with the catalog as Harry and/or Andy. Look at the poor job WEA has done with those 5 in 1 catalog titles like Chaka Khan, etc. The raw CD is placed in a cardboard slipcover release with minimal info and certainly no well thought out CD booklet.

I did get a reply from Harry and Andy both in the pool ast

[QUOTE=daviddh;341063]I did get a reply from Harry and Andy both in the past[/QUOTE

I know they found another or earlier version of Love Is Like Heatwave. I agree a few letters will do no good.
    I will assume poor sales may have caused this

Someone please explain to me how a BUSINESS like ACE can issue the likes of Etta James and Lesley Gore's original albums [[hardly major sellers the first time around) as extended editions - on CD - when Universal can't get their act together to issue a No.1 album, Supremes A-GoGo on CD?

It just doesn't add up to me.

I agree.how do these CDs get released and not the Supremes. Fustrating

I did just post on FB Diana Ross and Supremes expanded editions page.anyone care to join in and post.you can also pm them there as well

Got an email from prostudiomasters with the Hi-Rez A-Go-Go featured on sale as a new release - trying to move product before the new expanded edition is released? I hope so...!

http://www.prostudiomasters.com/sear...iew/album/8787

Two thoughts/comments:

As you mentioned Carlo, we have a great number of Supreme ladies still active in the business. Yet the only thing we have seen "new" since Diana's "I Love You" is a Mary Wilson decade-old remix, and an up-coming "Vintage" Scherrie Payne CD. Blah.

What I really wanted to say is this: I saw Diana in concert on Saturday. Just outside the venue, there was a table set up of "Diana" merchandise: the tour program that she has been selling for at least the last 3 years [[it was the same one I bought when I saw her in 2013) and two different t-shirts. Nothing else. Looking around at the audience, my guess is that the median age was late 50's, early 60's. IMO this set is NOT the buyer of digital downloads. IF this concession had been selling a Supremes/Diana CD, I GUARANTEE they would have been flying off the shelves. For the sake of playing "what if", if "A Go Go" had been available, they easily could have sold 100 copies. Meh, doesn't sound like a lot, does it? But if Diana sold 100 copies at EVERY performance, coupled with Mary selling 100 at every performance, this could EASILY be in the 1000's by now.

You can't tell me that ACE sold over 1000 Leslie Gore units.

Marybrewster - you make some really good points there.

All artists make extra money on selling cd's at shows. How are they to do it with downloads?

I buy cd's after a show as gifts. Again, a sale that won't happen with downloads.

Im 50. The majority of Motown fans are my age - or older. Universal are living in a fantasty world if they think that by selling Motown music as download only they will attract the 'next generation'. They won't. They will just alienate the dwindling fan base they already have.

Oh, very much agreed, marybrewster and lakedistrictlad1.....

It's a great opportunity, lost.

After all these years [[nearer 70 than 60, but still looking good...), it's a real occasion for me to go to a concert to be with an artist who has been a part of the soundtrack of my life, for almost ALL of my life. It's truly life-affirming, and uplifting.

To have the artist not only dedicate and sign a CD for me, or any memorabilia I take with me, maybe a little conversation, and sometimes have a photo taken together or even a hug and kiss [[thank you Martha...)......is a big event, and one which sustains my spirits for a very long time.

How could I ever purchase a download, for it be personalised in the same way, and come away with the feeling of walking on air - ?

Not selling physical CDs at Diana Ross shows is up to her and her merchandise people - I've been to plenty of shows where artists sell CDs along with shirts, etc. It seems like a no-brainer to me and a question for the folks selling Diana Ross merch at the shows. As for getting that feeling, there are any number of things an artist could sign for you so it's not like a CD is your only choice. And I say this as someone who LOVES physical product...

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    I agree.how do these CDs get released and not the Supremes. Fustrating
    On that point...I read today that Cher's non charting FLOP album 'I Paralyze' is set for an expanded CD release soon.

And still no A Go-Go. Go figure.

Sigh.