[REMOVE ADS]

UME Celebrates 40th Anniversary Of Love Hangover - Vinyl Reissue

RossHolloway Guest
    I already have the original album in mint condition, a copy on cd and the Expanded Edition of this release. I think I will pass on this copy...

See now this is what I don't understand...UME can waste money on this project but completely ignore the ground breaking no1 album "Supremes a go-go"...and its being released on vinyl too...surely that's more costly?...well even if it isn't more costly than pressing up cds it just amazes me the logic behind these releases...such a waste...surely an expanded "a go-go"would out sell this hand over fist :-[[

I agree but thanks for the info.. I just ordered the vinyl re issue from Amazon..

Vinyl seems to be on the UP and UP these days.

I still have the original LP on Vinyl in shrink-wrap. What really amazes me is that it has been 40 years !!!!!!

I'm glad to see this will be issued on vinyl. It will be nice to see one of her albums, besides diana [[1980), in the vinyl bins. I just wish they would do the same for the Where Did Our Love Go album.

I also have the original vinyl and CD and CD extended I will buy the new vinyl release Just because.

Quote Originally Posted by mowsville View Post
    See now this is what I don't understand...UME can waste money on this project but completely ignore the ground breaking no1 album "Supremes a go-go"...and its being released on vinyl too...surely that's more costly?...well even if it isn't more costly than pressing up cds it just amazes me the logic behind these releases...such a waste...surely an expanded "a go-go"would out sell this hand over fist :-[[
    I bet [[rather hope) that A Go-Go will be released next month to coincide with it's 50th anniversary. Only time will tell ...

Johnny we can only but hope...but if they do what is the betting that it will be download only and not even given half the thought that this album has..im miffed.

It is hard to follow their thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by johnjeb View Post
    I'm glad to see this will be issued on vinyl. It will be nice to see one of her albums, besides diana [[1980), in the vinyl bins. I just wish they would do the same for the Where Did Our Love Go album.
    "Where Did Our Love Go" 35gram is available internationally. I bought mine at Tower Dublin in 2010. It isn't the original Tower Records but they licensed the logo and famous yellow/red plastic shopping bags. Also, "I Hear a Symphony". It's not cheap because it is audiophile vinyl. Try eBay and or AmazonUK.

Quote Originally Posted by mowsville View Post
    :

if I'm not mistaken, the album is also being sold as mail order. Along with pre-orders, they have a better handle on production so they won't overprint.
    And remember, vinyl is also targeting audiophiles including the tribe. However, at this price point it doesn't sound like the vinyl will be 35gram....better sound, thicker vinyl...

My attitude is that any Diana Ross/Supremes-related release on the market is a good thing, however I wish that whoever was in charge of this vinyl reissue would have considered adding a little "flair" as an incentive to the hardcore fans [[ie. coloured vinyl, picture disc or foldout poster). As many of us really have no reason to buy this other than to support sales. I have four copies of Diana Ross '76 on vinyl, one of which is mint and in shrink wrap. It's an easy find in used record stores. Hopefully it will appeal to the younger vinyl buying market who want a brand new copy of this classic album.

I also hope that perhaps it will mean more Diana Ross vinyl releases to come. It would be nice to have "Take Me Higher" and "Everyday Is A New Day" on vinyl. I would definitely rush to buy those!

they are most likely to re issue 'hit product' with a proven track record, and less likely to re issue things that didn't sell.. just the way the biz is..except for places like Japan or Germany who cater to the 'cult' audience

Classic Motown are featuring this album as their Album of the Month:
    http://classic.motown.com/story/diana-ross-diana-ross/

An interesting read into the details behind the album...

Quote Originally Posted by Hitsville_Jazza View Post
    Classic Motown are featuring this album as their Album of the Month:
    http://classic.motown.com/story/diana-ross-diana-ross/

An interesting read into the details behind the album...
    Thanks for the link, Hitsville_Jazza! Now I understand why the title has appeared in different parts of the cover. Also, I had no idea that Marilyn McLeod was Alice Coltrane's sister. Very informative.