[REMOVE ADS]

What's Going On 4 tracks vinyl release

From MusicTap:

And finally, a VERY cool vinyl release expected from Motown Records involves the great track of “What’s Goin’ On?” by Marvin Gaye. On June 24, the label will release a 4-track 10″ vinyl set that will feature “What’s Goin’ On?” in an original A-side Mono single version, along with an unplugged “Coffeehouse” mix that brings a previously buried acoustic guitar part to the forefront, and muting other instrumental parts. There is also a new duet with The Chicago Kid of the song. To round out the set, an original A-side Mono single version of “God Is Love” is included. Both original Mono singles are featured on the A0side, while the two new mixes are located on the B-side of this set.

How many ways can they milk this album?

Is this going to literally be the only Motown title that Universal will reissue over and over again on vinyl? I can think of 5 different pressings in the last decade. Some of us fans of the format would like and buy something other than this album or song if given the chance...

Yep that is exciting - if you like wasting money. Shame Motown didn't do anything else in all those years.

Like I need to spend money on an acoustical mix of the song "What's Going On". C'Mon Universal! You can do better than this! I have the whole album, and various mixes and outtakes on vinyl and CD. Why not give us albums that haven't yet been domestically released yet, like those Switch albums. How About some Jerry Butler? Jermaine Jackson? I notice all of his Motown albums, and quite a few Jackson 5 albums have disappeared from the download sites.

Personally, I'm looking forward to hearing the acoustic mix.

Already on pre-order as I collect 10" records.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    C'Mon Universal! You can do better than this! Why not give us albums that haven't yet been domestically released yet, .
    Like Marvin At The Copa, or the unreleased David Ruffin. These would be some great LP's !

Is there any where to preview the tracks before buying?

I might be crazy, but I will stick with my original vinyl album [[which is still in VG shape) I bought at the store back in the seventies.

This 10” vinyl release comes in time for the 45th anniversary of the What’s Going On album [[May 21st 2016). Doh!

RossHolloway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by phil View Post
    Like Marvin At The Copa, or the unreleased David Ruffin. These would be some great LP's !
    I agree 100%. I love the WGO album, but I think I now have 6 different copies in the various formats.