[REMOVE ADS]

Please keep Bernie Worrell in your thoughts...

...as he prepares for transition.

Most definitely. He is one of the greats and I am sorry to hear this. Thanks Timmy.

Judie Worrell: "Bernie is now headed ‘Home’"

http://www.jambands.com/news/2016/06...w-headed-home/

Sounds like Bernie has entered Hospice care...At that stage, they try to keep the patient as comfortable as possible without any more medical intervention...Hope Bernie has a peaceful transition...

Arguably the best keyboardist to come out of the R&B tradition. Certainly the best of the
    funk based musicians. Still, mention his name to most of the GP and they'll say "Bernie
    who?"...I second Stu's hope for a peaceful transition; his situation has been a worry of mine
    for some time now. George Clinton was so lucky to have his groups supported by a wealth
    of talented players, from Eddie Hazel on down. Without Bernie P-funk would never have
    gelled and become the iconic sound it grew to be. Bernie's subsequent solo work and
    augmentations to other acts whether Talking Heads or Bill Laswell's productions, are
    nothing to sneeze either. I'm grateful for all he has given to my aural lifetime....

I loved his work! Plain and simple. Awesomely talented man.