Journalist Calvin Terrell shared this story on his facebook page the other day along with a few photos of Miss Ross. I've known him for several years and I love his celebrity encounters, here's one.

Oh…it was the start of the new millennium, the ill-fated “Return To Love Tour” with my Diana Ross & The Supremes. Everyone was excited! Well, not exactly “everyone.” [[LOL) Mary Wilson joined by other former Supreme, Cindy Birdsong eventually got “the gate” as contract negotiations broke down with Mary and the concert’s promoters. Mary was offered a reported $4 million, according to reports. “I think if we had offered her the moon, she would not have been happy,” Ross told Barbara Walters of Mary during an interview. “I doubled their offer so that she could come and do this tour. She didn’t have to pay for anything; not a hotel room, not a car, not a gown, not a music arrangement, not a set, nothing. All she needed to do was show up.” Interestingly enough, Mary was scheduled to appear in Philly at the First District Plaza during the beginning of the Tour brouhaha. You know I was there! I asked Mary was she, in fact, going to participate in the tour. She looked at me. “What tour,” she gave me. With that, I didn’t ask her another question. And so, later, when the tour opened in Philly, it was sold out! My Ross stood on the stage along with Lynda Lawrence and Scherrie Payne. On the day of the concert, both Lynda and Scherrie called me as they were getting dressed. They were sweet. But I wanted to talk to Ross! [[LOL