[REMOVE ADS]

Ster sledge on working with the chic organization

My girls!! Kathy Sledge is a good friend of mine and I hope and pray the sisters can bury their differences and perform together again. These girls are not the same without Kathy and they belong together. We are family!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    My girls!! Kathy Sledge is a good friend of mine and I hope and pray the sisters can bury their differences and perform together again. These girls are not the same without Kathy and they belong together. We are family!!
    I agree Bluebrock. I've had the opportunity to meet and converse with all 4 sisters on different occasions and they are some of the nicest people that I've met period. Actually received a gift and had lunch with Debbie and Joni. Hopefully they will get past their differences.

Quote Originally Posted by glencro View Post
    I agree Bluebrock. I've had the opportunity to meet and converse with all 4 sisters on different occasions and they are some of the nicest people that I've met period. Actually received a gift and had lunch with Debbie and Joni. Hopefully they will get past their differences.
    Agreed my friend. I don;t pretend to know the other girls anywhere near as well as Kathy but i always found them to be polite, charming and gracious human beings on the few occasions we met.

Neat interview, glencro. I've always loved Sister Sledge -- both their earlier Philly material as well as their later Chic-produced hits. Debbie is comical! I could listen to her and Joni talk all night! You and Bluebrock are so lucky to have met and talked with the girls. It's good to know that they're really as sweet and likeable as I've always hoped.

My uncle was a chauffeur and he told me that of all the famous people he drove around London, Sister Sledge gave him the most pleasure. At that time, they used to tour with a family guardian possibly their mother

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    My uncle was a chauffeur and he told me that of all the famous people he drove around London, Sister Sledge gave him the most pleasure. At that time, they used to tour with a family guardian possibly their mother
    Cool, boyfromxtown! I always enjoy hearing about the positive behind-the-scenes aspects of our favorite artists. It helps to balance out the dirt. Did your uncle share any of their conversations with you?

Quote Originally Posted by Philles/Motown Gary View Post
    Cool, boyfromxtown! I always enjoy hearing about the positive behind-the-scenes aspects of our favorite artists. It helps to balance out the dirt. Did your uncle share any of their conversations with you?
    There's not really much to tell. When you're a chauffeur, you can be treated like dirt sometimes but these girls were the complete opposite. My uncle never talked of his clients until after he retired so when he did, I was just so shocked that he knew their names. I do recall that he said that the mother wouldn't stand for any nonsense from them!

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    There's not really much to tell. When you're a chauffeur, you can be treated like dirt sometimes but these girls were the complete opposite. My uncle never talked of his clients until after he retired so when he did, I was just so shocked that he knew their names. I do recall that he said that the mother wouldn't stand for any nonsense from them!
    Their mother was quite strict. She accompanied them on their first trip to the UK in 1975 and many more thereafter. The girls had a loving and stable upbringing and were a credit to their mother;s parenting skills. Gracious, humble, kind hearted and thoughtful. I cannot speak highly enough of them.