[REMOVE ADS]

Mary Wilson to Host the Rhythm and Blues Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony !

http://www.vintagevinylnews.com/2016...s-hall-of.html

This year's inductees are:

Smokey Robinson
    Prince
    Fats Domino
    Jimi Hendrix
    Cathy Hughes [[Founder of TVOne)
    Dionne Warwick
    Bobby Brown
    Boosty Collins
    Sam & Dave
    Eddie Holman
    Eddie Floyd
    Bettye LaVette
    The Vevelettes
    The Supremes

The Supremes were previously inducted so is this year's induction the 70's Supremes?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi LaLumia View Post
    The Supremes were previously inducted so is this year's induction the 70's Supremes?
    I am curious about that. I will ask.

First of all, what an impressive list of nominees, both past and present. Secondly, let's do a little spell check please and get our girls' name right! But the most important question of all....will this event be televised, either live or by tape delay?

Here is the official website for the Rhythm & Blues Hall of Fame:

http://rhythmandblueshof.com/

Nice list of inductee's...Just curious...how many of those being inducted, particularly the non Detroiters will be attending the festivities???...

Quote Originally Posted by StuBass1 View Post
    Nice list of inductee's...Just curious...how many of those being inducted, particularly the non Detroiters will be attending the festivities???...
    With so many big names involved this year and nominated, I can imagine that many will be attending and those that are deceased will have family representatives there. The ceremonies are growing and getting more attention each year.

That's interesting...Perhaps some of the previous years inductees would attend as well... I did notice that so many artists and groups were inducted in the first couple of years, that that there just won't be that many top tier performers remaining in future years, unlike the Rock&Roll HOF, the Vocal Group HOF, Musicians HOF, or even the Grammy Lifetime Achievement Awards who inducts just a small handful of inductees each year leaving many potential inductees for the ensuing years......
    Last edited by StuBass1; 06-14-2016 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StuBass1 View Post
    That's interesting...Perhaps some of the previous years inductees would attend as well... I did notice that so many artists and groups were inducted in the first couple of years, that that there just won't be that many top tier performers remaining in future years, unlike the Rock&Roll HOF, the Vocal Group HOF, Musicians HOF, or even the Grammy Lifetime Achievement Awards who inducts just a small handful of inductees each year leaving many potential inductees for the ensuing years......

Stu, I understand. I think the R&B Hall is playing catch up to places like the Vocal Group HOF and RRHOF. Still they do seem to be inducting a larger class of artists. I have to believe it is due to the age of some of the great artists. They may feel that we need to honor now, while we still have them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi LaLumia View Post
    It appears that whoever designed the poster hasn't fully done their homework. Diana, Mary & Flo are featured as if they are being inducted [[again?). In actuality they are receiving the 'The Rhythm & Blues Music Group of the 20th Century Award'.

That is great. Thank you Carole!

WHOOOOOO HOOOO. The Velvelettes are to be inducted!

Quote Originally Posted by carole cucumber View Post
    It appears that whoever designed the poster hasn't fully done their homework. Diana, Mary & Flo are featured as if they are being inducted [[again?). In actuality they are receiving the 'The Rhythm & Blues Music Group of the 20th Century Award'.

I quite agree Carole. That picture of the Velvelettes is SO WRONG WRONG WRONG.

They should have used a picture of the original group for this.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    They should have used a picture of the original group for this.
    Yes they should have.

The originals will be the group that will be appearing at the ceremony.

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    Yes they should have.

The originals will be the group that will be appearing at the ceremony.

I'm planning on attending. Wished you could be there!

Prince, Bobby Brown, Smokey Robinson, More To Be Inducted Into Rhythm & Blues Hall Of Fame

http://singersroom.com/content/2016-...ues-hall-fame/

Why on earth is Bobby Brown on this list? Sure he sold a lot of records in the late 80's/ early 90's But from a talent point of view he is way way out of his depth when compared to most if not all of the other artists on the list.