[REMOVE ADS]

NEW - Original Vandellas Interview on YouTube

Wonderful stuff here from Roz and Nettie!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTq5-5oCmwM

Love it. Oral histories are important. Not everyone has the opportunity to write a book.

Their version of how they came up with the name "The Vandellas" is different from Martha's.

They sound really good. Thanks Sharpmoves for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    They sound really good. Thanks Sharpmoves for this one.
    A pleasure Marv2. Yes, Roz has always told a different story about the name Vandella. Of course, Berry may have spoken to Martha separately - we don't know. It's also interesting to hear them on why then stopped performing with Martha again, post-reunion. I'm not sure whether they would want to undertake Martha's at times punishing touring schedule now, though. And the "sister act" is a very good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpmoves View Post
    A pleasure Marv2. Yes, Roz has always told a different story about the name Vandella. Of course, Berry may have spoken to Martha separately - we don't know. It's also interesting to hear them on why then stopped performing with Martha again, post-reunion. I'm not sure whether they would want to undertake Martha's at times punishing touring schedule now, though. And the "sister act" is a very good one.
    I think the current situation works out for both acts. I hope the Original Vandellas will get more and more gigs.

Nice find, very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpmoves View Post
    Martha continues to work her socks off. he tours the UK at least once a year often more, then she has regular dates in Europe not to mention all her commitments on her home soil. Long may she continue to entertain us.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    Martha continues to work her socks off. he tours the UK at least once a year often more, then she has regular dates in Europe not to mention all her commitments on her home soil. Long may she continue to entertain us.
    The First lady of Motown Record Dr Martha Reeves was is and always will be Motowns greatest ambasador and greatest entertainer imo.

Fondly

Roberta

RossHolloway Guest
    The new lead singer is something special. She sounds really good. This is the first time I think I've heard them speak about Berry Gordy. Definitely worth watching.

Finally got to see this. I really enjoyed them. And yes, the lead singer, while no Martha, certainly holds her own and very well. Thanks, Sharpmoves!

Great interview. Thank you for posting

Very interesting and informal, as if they're sat in the room with us, chatting.....

Very nice interview, thanks for posting.

Did anyone else notice the Vandellas were watching themselves from the photo wall? Behind the drummer at the 8:17 mark you can spy one of the most famous of their group photos on the wall.

It's great to the original members,and still singing it,god bless em.