I am the teacher from Toronto who many years ago came here to Soulful Detroit to talk about artists who paved the way for others so that my kids would know about their musical heritage. Certainly, we were BLESSED as artists 'adopted' my kids and helped beyond belief! We have an autographed picture section as what was once supposed to be one wall is now on wall six. After looking at the walls, I have memories of all of them and especially the many messages from those who have passed: B.B. King, Lavern Baker, Jr. Walker, Little Jimmy Scott, Raoul Cita, Richard Street, Thomas Beans Bowles, Melvin Franklin, Herb Reed, Bob Babbitt, Ali Woodson, Damon Harris, Eugene Record, Blue Lovett, Major Harris, Otis Clay, Randy Cain, William Guest, Edward Patten, Carl Gardener, Billy Paul, Lenny Mayes, General Johnson, Ron Banks, Harold Melvin, Freddie Gorman, Gladys Horton, Percy Sledge, Lawrence Brown, Junior Marvin, Bobby Womack, Johnny Carter, Reggie Torian, Sweet Joe Russell, Robert Squirel Lestor, Bobby Rogers, Nicholas Caldwell and I know I am sure missing more-my apologies. We have plenty more autographs and but sometimes I miss names and once again, so so so very sorry.

I finish school on June 30 and now I am in the twilight of my career but I still want to have my students aka “my kids” to speak to those who helped create their musical heritage. If anyone can help as you were a HUGE help since I first joined Soulful Detroit, that would be wonderful.

Thanks So Much,

TIM