[REMOVE ADS]

Bobby Brown: Whitney Had A Relationship With Robyn Crawford

I heard about that aspect of their relationship back in the '90s. It would have be a huge stumbling block for her image back then but it's much less anybody's concern in 2016.

What a shame she had to hide they relationship. Maybe if Whitney had stayed with Robin shed still be alive today. Maybe, just maybe.http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...-Crawford.html
    Last edited by Roberta75; 06-08-2016 at 11:07 PM.

That rumor has been going around since the 80's. After seeing bobby 's 20/20 interview, not really sure if I believe him. Now if Robyn came out and said, then that's a different story

Beginning of the 80s see was seen with Robyn in gay bars in Amsterdam.

I worked with Whitney on a couple of occasions when she visited the UK. On both occasions Robin was present. Rumours abounded about a possible relationship and I recall everything was shrouded in secrecy , but I never saw or heard anything concrete to confirm the rumours. I would be telling lies if I said I enjoyed these occasions and these were very weird times and I felt very uncomfortable in her company. I have not seen the Bobby Brown interview and I have no intentions of watching it. I have my own personal issues with that man and I would be reluctant to believe anything of what he said. Having said that he has lost a daughter which is the worst possible thing that can happen to a person and for that he has my deepest sympathy, and for that reason and for that reason alone I would not like to add fuel to any fire. Did he actually confirm the relationship in the interview, and if so why is he bringing it up now? Does it really matter when all is said and done? Whitney cannot speak for herself. Has Robin commented on this?

Only in the USA would this make the news and even there, I think the interest is pretty minimal. Leaving this aside, they seemed to be a very troubled family.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    What a shame she had to hide they relationship. Maybe if Whitney had stayed with Robin shed still be alive today. Maybe, just maybe.http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...-Crawford.html
    I doubt it. She was a drug addict before she met Bobby.

I am sick and tired of people thinking Bobby Brown is the bad one. He wasn't, and never was.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    I doubt it. She was a drug addict before she met Bobby.I am sick and tired of people thinking Bobby Brown is the bad one. He wasn't, and never was.
    IM not talking about Bobby or drugs Im talking about being open about her lesbian relationship.

I am sick and tired of people thinking Bobby Brown is the bad one. He wasn't, and never was.
    No disrespect to her, but she was by many accounts a very intelligent and extremely talented hood rat. She had more in common with him than people thought. He wasn't the reason for her downfall, even if he was ill equipped to prevent it.

I would respectfully have to disagree with you on that one.

Truth be told, I have a hard time believing what he said. After he said he had sex with a ghost, its kinda hard to take him seriously

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    I would respectfully have to disagree with you on that one.
    People still want to believe the myth and record label P.R. that Whitney was some sweet, pure as milk angel until she met Bobby Brown. Not the case. And, even if she was, why do people want to blame Bobby for it? I guess they have to find some rationale for her drug addiction.

People still want to believe the myth and record label P.R. that Whitney was some sweet, pure as milk angel until she met Bobby Brown. Not the case. And, even if she was, why do people want to blame Bobby for it? I guess they have to find some rationale for her drug addiction.
    I do not think that soulster. If you read one of the earlier posts you will see that i worked with Whitney on two occasions so i know full well that she was a very difficult lady to say the least, but i also had the "pleasure" of working with Brown before he even met Whitney and i can honestly say that with the possible exception of Eddie Murphy he was the most difficult person i ever encountered. I am trying to remain civil here but even J lo's best efforts could not compete with this man and that is a very rash statement to make! I am not accusing Brown of anything with regard to Whitney's downfall but trust me, that man is a unique creature for all the wrong reasons. I hope i have made myself perfectly clear.

I do not think that soulster. If you read one of the earlier posts you will see that i worked with Whitney on two occasions so i know full well that she was a very difficult lady to say the least, but i also had the "pleasure" of working with Brown before he even met Whitney and i can honestly say that with the possible exception of Eddie Murphy he was the most difficult person i ever encountered. I am trying to remain civil here but even J lo's best efforts could not compete with this man and that is a very rash statement to make! I am not accusing Brown of anything with regard to Whitney's downfall but trust me, that man is a unique creature for all the wrong reasons. I hope i have made myself perfectly clear.
    Very clear response, Bluerock...I see Bobby has an autobiography out but I think it may have
    been written pre Bobbi Kristina's passing. Either way I have no intention on reading it. As
    far as the Whit-Robyn thing I can't understand why it's such a surprise or big deal to so many...Are we all supposed to be like Ooo! Ooo! Oh My God!....Whitney wasn't the first
    pussycat that liked her own cream now and then...Won't be the last, either...

Quote Originally Posted by splanky View Post
    Very clear response, Bluerock...I see Bobby has an autobiography out but I think it may have
    been written pre Bobbi Kristina's passing. Either way I have no intention on reading it. As
    far as the Whit-Robyn thing I can't understand why it's such a surprise or big deal to so many...Are we all supposed to be like Ooo! Ooo! Oh My God!....Whitney wasn't the first
    pussycat that liked her own cream now and then...Won't be the last, either...
    Exactly splanky. Everyone knew but no-one cared. This person is desperate. A grossly untalented singer with an ego that would make Kanye West envious. I could say so much more but i like to think of myself as a decent human being who tries to respect others, not that he showed me or my team one ounce of respect. I shall leave it at that.

That's better. I have no problem with people saying how difficult he is. A lot of artists are. What I object to [[and I know you didn't specifically say so) but a lot of people still try to insinuate that he was her downfall. He wasn't. They both walked into that relationship with a chip on their shoulders and with other issues.

I think people ought to get away from that and realize that she was no saint.

AS far as Brown's temperament is concerned, remember his age at the time. No, age isn't an excuse, but it is a factor.

That's better. I have no problem with people saying how difficult he is. A lot of artists are. What I object to [[and I know you didn't specifically say so) but a lot of people still try to insinuate that he was her downfall. He wasn't. They both walked into that relationship with a chip on their shoulders and with other issues.

I think people ought to get away from that and realize that she was no saint.

AS far as Brown's temperament is concerned, remember his age at the time. No, age isn't an excuse, but it is a factor.
    I worked with George Michael when he was still a teenager and he was an absolute pleasure to work with. He had more talent in his little finger than Bobby Brown had in his whole body yet he treated his elders with the respect he felt they deserved. Brown was a thoroughly nasty piece of work and whilst he cannot be fully blamed for Whitney's downfall i have little doubt he contributed to it in no small way. Whitney was a difficult woman for sure but when she sang like an angel you could almost forget all the baggage. When Brown attempted to sing live you just wanted to run for the earplugs, I was at the sound checks!! No natural vocal talent whatsoever.

I worked with George Michael when he was still a teenager and he was an absolute pleasure to work with. He had more talent in his little finger than Bobby Brown had in his whole body yet he treated his elders with the respect he felt they deserved. Brown was a thoroughly nasty piece of work and whilst he cannot be fully blamed for Whitney's downfall i have little doubt he contributed to it in no small way. Whitney was a difficult woman for sure but when she sang like an angel you could almost forget all the baggage. When Brown attempted to sing live you just wanted to run for the earplugs, I was at the sound checks!! No natural vocal talent whatsoever.
    I believe you're just biased.

I believe you're just biased.
    Believe what you look. I do not especially care, but have you ever worked with that person? Have you witnessed his tantrums, his foul mouthed tirades and his all round dreadful behaviour? Why would i biased? What would i gain by being biased, and in what way am i biased except to say that i do not like Bobby Brown?. I think you will be hard pressed for anyone in the business to say a good word for that person. Correct me if i'm wrong.

If Bobby Brown was paid in dog crap for the quality of his singing, he'd owe everybody who saw him two turds as they left the concert. No chops. LaFace and Teddy Riley/Gene Griffin absolutely performed a musical miracle on his sole good album. I always thought that he was crazy to break from New Edition after his marginal and hard to like contributions. I never met the man, but the things that have been generally accepted to be accurate about him lead me to believe that he was a colossal sack of crap back in the day. I could be wrong, but I believe Bluebrock about him.

Believe what you look. I do not especially care, but have you ever worked with that person? Have you witnessed his tantrums, his foul mouthed tirades and his all round dreadful behaviour? Why would i biased? What would i gain by being biased, and in what way am i biased except to say that i do not like Bobby Brown?. I think you will be hard pressed for anyone in the business to say a good word for that person. Correct me if i'm wrong.
    Hey, I never said you had to like him, just as long as you do not try to claim he corrupted Whitney. That is the only thing I am trying to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    If Bobby Brown was paid in dog crap for the quality of his singing, he'd owe everybody who saw him two turds as they left the concert. No chops. LaFace and Teddy Riley/Gene Griffin absolutely performed a musical miracle on his sole good album. I always thought that he was crazy to break from New Edition after his marginal and hard to like contributions. I never met the man, but the things that have been generally accepted to be accurate about him lead me to believe that he was a colossal sack of crap back in the day. I could be wrong, but I believe Bluebrock about him.
    Perfectly stated Jerry. If people wish to believe otherwise then that is their problem but I know what I witnessed and nobody but nobody should be treated the way he treated people myself included.

Let me reiterate:
    I never said you had to like him, just as long as you do not try to claim he corrupted Whitney. That is the only thing I am trying to say.

Okay Soul, you made your point. I don't think anyone is attacking you. Lets not let this thread get out of hand, gang.

Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    Okay Soul, you made your point. I don't think anyone is attacking you. Lets not let this thread get out of hand, gang.
    You guys misread me again. No, no one was attacking me. People in the thread were suggesting that Mr. Brown was at fault for Ms. Houston's problems, and people started talking about their hatred of him, which is off-topic. I was trying to keep the thread from going in that direction, and it was.

You guys misread me again. No, no one was attacking me. People in the thread were suggesting that Mr. Brown was at fault for Ms. Houston's problems, and people started talking about their hatred of him, which is off-topic. I was trying to keep the thread from going in that direction, and it was.
    Hey soulster. I am probably responsible for taking the topic slightly off topic so apologies for that. As I said previously I am not for one moment accusing Brown of leading Whitney into her downward spiral but on the other hand he hardly helped her either. I shall leave it that . Take it easy.

I have to agree with Blue on this one. I don't think Brown did Whitney any favors.

Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    I have to agree with Blue on this one. I don't think Brown did Whitney any favors.
    Well, it takes two to tango. They both decided to get together, and they both had problems. There's no logic of why two people become attracted to each other.

Well, it takes two to tango. They both decided to get together, and they both had problems. There's no logic of why two people become attracted to each other.
    You appear to have a soft spot for Bobby Brown soulster. That is of course your business. I could say a lot more on this business but I am saving it for a proposed book I am currently researching.
    I totally agree that it takes two to tango but what I do know is the Whitney I worked with in the 80's was a totally different animal to the Whitney I worked with in the 90's. Her decline was quite staggering in more ways than one.

You appear to have a soft spot for Bobby Brown soulster. That is of course your business. I could say a lot more on this business but I am saving it for a proposed book I am currently researching.
    I totally agree that it takes two to tango but what I do know is the Whitney I worked with in the 80's was a totally different animal to the Whitney I worked with in the 90's. Her decline was quite staggering in more ways than one.
    No, I don't. And you appear to have a soft spot for Whitney. I'm just being impartial. I don;t favor one over the other. I like the music of both people. That's what I care about. If I have the choice of putting on either a Bobby Brown album or Whitney Houston's albums. i'd go for "Don't Be Cruel". The second choice would be Whitney's 1985 S/T album.

A lot of people judge who they like based on image and personality. Strange, because Diana Ross has a terrible one, yet a lot of the people on this forum adore her. Yet, they look at someone like Bobby Brown and see evil. I can think if a lot of other people who are worse.

The thing to remember is that even these artists are no more human that you and me. There are truly great people, and total assholes.

You dealt with Bobby Brown, probably when he was younger at the top of his game, and probably on drugs. People change. The man is now sober, lost not only his ex-wife, but his only child. He's older and has matured. Think about if it were you. Would you wish that kind of tragedy on anyone, to lose their only child? I'd say, let it go. It's in the past, and lots of things have changed.

I think a good idea would be to stick to what Brown said about Whitney in the interview, rather than bash him. You don't have to believe what he says, but he was Whitney's husband. He was closer to her than anyone else, as far as we know.

Maybe Ralph thinks i'm trying to start stuff. I'm not. I'm just doing what people do on forums, is presenting a position. Then, someone responds in in a similar manner. Unfortunately, this place suffers from a tribal mentality. Unless you follow the beliefs and wisdom of the majority, you are considered a heretic
    Last edited by soulster; 06-14-2016 at 12:53 PM.

No, I don't. And you appear to have a soft spot for Whitney. I'm just being impartial. I don;t favor one over the other. I like the music of both people. That's what I care about. If I have the choice of putting on either a Bobby Brown album or Whitney Houston's albums. i'd go for "Don't Be Cruel". The second choice would be Whitney's 1985 S/T album.

A lot of people judge who they like based on image and personality. Strange, because Diana Ross has a terrible one, yet a lot of the people on this forum adore her. Yet, they look at someone like Bobby Brown and see evil. I can think if a lot of other people who are worse.

The thing to remember is that even these artists are no more human that you and me. There are truly great people, and total assholes.

You dealt with Bobby Brown, probably when he was younger at the top of his game, and probably on drugs. People change. The man is now sober, lost not only his ex-wife, but his only child. He's older and has matured. Think about if it were you. Would you wish that kind of tragedy on anyone, to lose their only child? I'd say, let it go. It's in the past, and lots of things have changed.

I think a good idea would be to stick to what Brown said about Whitney in the interview, rather than bash him. You don't have to believe what he says, but he was Whitney's husband. He was closer to her than anyone else, as far as we know.

Maybe Ralph thinks i'm trying to start stuff. I'm not. I'm just doing what people do on forums, is presenting a position. Then, someone responds in in a similar manner. Unfortunately, this place suffers from a tribal mentality. Unless you follow the beliefs and wisdom of the majority, you are considered a heretic
    Mmm. Quite a lot to take in. Firstly i do not have a soft spot for Whitney. Whilst i admired the vocal talent she possessed i found her to be a very difficult woman to work with. Moody, bad tempered, unreliable are words that spring to mind when i recall our times together, but just occasionally she could be funny and charming. When she was like this it was quite easy to forgive the other stuff. As regards Brown i was most certainly not a fan of his shall we say limited vocal ability, but i have worked with many singers who cannot sing so that was never an issue. I have previously discussed his appalling behaviour so there is no need to repeat myself here. I flatly refused to work with him when he returned to the UK to promote his "bobby" album as did everyone else on my team.
    You mention the tragedies in his life and it is here where i do sympathise with him. Sadly i do know what it is like to lose a child. It is the most unimaginable horror that anyone can go through and i would not wish it upon anyone. I have also lost two wives and on both occasions been left with two children under school age, so i do know how personal tragedy can affect you.
    You mention Diana Ross who has a reputation for being a nightmare to deal with. I can only speak from personal experience and i can say hand on heart that she treated me with the utmost respect and always had kind words for my family. When i lost my son she sent me a lovely hand written card and flowers. I was working with her when my first wife passed away suddenly. She flew me from France back to the UK without hesitation despite us being in the middle of a promotional tour. When i lost my second wife a few years ago she once again sent me a card and flowers despite not having worked with her for several . Yes i am going way off topic here but it was you who brought Diana into the debate.
    I have not seen the Bobby Brown interview and have no plans to do so. I can hardly believe a word of what comes out of that man's mouth.
    I don't think Ralph is accusing you of anything. He naturally does not want this topic to get out of hand because let's face it we have a fascinating topic here that could run and run. I think you are taking things too personally. I have previously found you to be a balanced and informative contributor and i don't see why that should not continue, but at the end of the day it is Brown himself who has opened up this can of worms so he must be prepared to take whatever criticism is coming his way. We all know his reasons for doing this interview.He has an autobiography on the way. Who would have thought it?

Eh...you're still showing your bias against Mr. Brown.

It was Ralph who came in an told me I made my point, so how is that not personal? I didn't even go off the topic by bashing Bobby Brown. I was trying to get it off that. And, I only brought up Diana Ross to show how someone with an unsavory image can be so loved, and how it seems inconsistent with feelings for Bobby Brown. For every hated famous person, there will always be that few who will have a positive experience with one. I've actually had negative interactions with famous people that have left a bad taste in my mouth. I wouldn't call them bad people, but I am wary of interacting with them today. But, that's the danger of building these people up too much and putting them on a pedestal: it feeds their ego to the point where they think their shit don't stink, and it also empowers their followers to think and act likewise.

Eh...you're still showing your bias against Mr. Brown.

It was Ralph who came in an told me I made my point, so how is that not personal? I didn't even go off the topic by bashing Bobby Brown. I was trying to get it off that. And, I only brought up Diana Ross to show how someone with an unsavory image can be so loved, and how it seems inconsistent with feelings for Bobby Brown. For every hated famous person, there will always be that few who will have a positive experience with one. I've actually had negative interactions with famous people that have left a bad taste in my mouth. I wouldn't call them bad people, but I am wary of interacting with them today. But, that's the danger of building these people up too much and putting them on a pedestal: it feeds their ego to the point where they think their shit don't stink, and it also empowers their followers to think and act likewise.
    I have never tried to hide the fact that i do not like Bobby Brown. It is a fact. I am not proud of myself but neither am i ashamed . so if that is showing a bias against him then i guess i am guilty as charged. Sorry but that is my opinion and i won't change it just as surely as you won't change yours. Have a nice evening.

We both made our likes and dislikes known, we both made our points, too. Let's all get back to the topic of the thread, shall we?

We both made our likes and dislikes known, we both made our points, too. Let's all get back to the topic of the thread, shall we?
    Sounds good to me soulster.

Sounds good to me soulster.
    Your. A real fine gentleman my dear Bluebrock and Im proud to call you my friend.Yours, with every good wish.Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Your. A real fine gentleman my dear Bluebrock and Im proud to call you my friend.Yours, with every good wish.Roberta
    Thank you Roberta, and you know those words are coming right back at you. Much respect to you.

Nice work...nice work..