[REMOVE ADS]

Need help to identify smooth jazz instrumental from the early to mid 1990s

During the early to mid 1990s I heard a smooth jazz instrumental song on the old KCJZ Smooth Jazz 106.7 San Antonio, Texas radio station.

I'm looking for the artist and song title. Due to the complexity of the tune and the lack of my musical ability at this moment, I did a voice recording of the melody and posted it to youtube. Here is the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tihIknL57pE

If this helps.. the instruments used seem similar in some ways to some of Spyro Gyra's songs.
    Last edited by Graupel; 06-08-2016 at 04:52 AM.

I listened to your clip Graupel and it sounded a lot like the Theme to St. Elsewhere to me:

Close.. but the melody is not the same and the instruments were a little different. It's a good song tho.. Dave Grusin was a really good composer.

Any other possibilities? It sounds like some of Spyro Gyra's songs and maybe Paul Hardcastle.. it was a mixture of instrumental synthesizer piano and exotic synthesizer tunes but also had a very visible "smooth jazz" instrumental flavor that you often found in mid 1990s smooth jazz instrumental artists. I can rule out Chris Geith, Kenny G, and Spyro Gyra.

Some of the instrumentals sound like Tim Bowman or Brian Culbertson. Haven't ruled them out yet.. but this song was played in the mid 1990s so it could have been composed during the late 1980s or early 1990s possibly as well.
    Last edited by Graupel; 06-10-2016 at 03:33 AM.

Just to update.. the instrumentals in this song most closely resemble the song "Ocean Ave." by Lee Ritenour. It's not the song but the instruments themselves seem to most closely match that song. The instruments used in the song also resemble many of Ken Navarro's songs.
    Last edited by Graupel; 06-13-2016 at 02:21 AM.

I was able to re-create part of the melody [[not the whole thing but a good chunk of the first half) using an online piano keyboard.. here is the link
    https://youtu.be/fzB8SwBdDiM

Does this ring a bell to anyone?